G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G37 Wish List - Post Your Thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Wish List - Post Your Thoughts

Now that we have a good idea the next incarnation of the G35 will be the G37, what would you like to see changed in this new version? I'm sure everyone has certain gripes about the car they would like to see modified.

For me, I have a couple:

1. For the "X" model, I would like to be able to view a current analysis of the power on the front/rear wheels. I'd like to know when I'm cruising down the highway that 100% of the power is on the rear, and when I'm in a rainstorm the power is transferring to the front wheels (and back again).

2. The current navigation system in the G35 is a joke - it needs to be a screen that is always out, integrated into the dash that can display everything about the car. I would assume this will be in the next version, as all other Infinitis have it this way now.

3. Along with the nav, the satellite radio readout (name, title, etc.) needs to be presented on the nav on one screen, like the TL. It's annoying now when you (a) can't see the entire name of a song or band, and (b) you have to hold down the button for 3 seconds to change the display to see this information.

4. Change the location of the seat adjustments, enuff' said on that.

5. The next incarnation should have more technology, like the TL. I bought my 2005 G35x because I wanted all wheel drive and I loved the look of the exterior, but the TL was a close second for how the interior looked - it looks like an expensive car. My G35 doesn't have much of an upgraded interior from the '98 Maxima I had...nothing that is a "wow" factor. Even the Lexus IS now has a nice-looking cabin...again looking like you paid $$$ for it.

Mitch

Old 03-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like more power obviously, and less weight. This car is a joke autocrossing, mainly because of it's weight and body flex. The car needs to be *much* firmer. I'm sure the engineers can tone down on the body roll and chassis flex without compromising ride quality too much.

And the sedan really needs a true "sports" package. The current sports package is a joke. So, you get stiffer springs and 18's, and the VLSD. Great. But in most other brands, the "sports" package will include improved seats as well. Give me a seat from a coupe in my "sports" sedan. That why I bought the damned thing. If I wanted a luxury sedan, I would have gotten an ES330.

And for the automatics, do something about the horrible shifting delay. Maybe the nissan/renault guys should consult with the audi technicians on this point.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. i have an 04 coupe 6mt, and havent actually taken a ride in an 05-06, so i dont know how much better the rattles and actual SOLID feel to the interior is. I know that id like the interior to be more like a BMW where everything around you just feels.... well solid. The doors THUMP closed there are no rattles and the road noise is VERY muffled. I know that the 05's kind of fixed this, but id like infiniti to step it up a notch.

2. The other thing that id like infiniti to step up a little is the quality of their paint. I have had so many small scratched polished out of my car since i got it that i have NO IDEA where they came from. I park miles and miles away from other cars and still somehow i get these tiny scratches.

3. Alright the FX may be a really cool SUV and everything... but i didnt buy an SUV and dont want an SUV's suspension. Its really just rediculous how high up the g35 sits in my opinion. I look at my friend's e36 m3 from 1998 and how i would never lower one of those things because its just the perfect height. The g35 i feel is perfect about half-3/4 of an inch lower. This would also help with all the camber issues associated with getting lower than that because that means the g35 could be lowered a little over and inch and still not need aftermarket camber. I realize nissan cant be expected to change stuff so its easier to go aftermarket, but i really think a little lower would look a LOT better.... at least on the coupes.... at least on the SPORT coupes

Old 03-15-2006, 11:33 AM
6 spd all wheel drive model.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:45 AM
- Improving our craptastic side impact ratings.

- The spastic traction control system that comes on when it's not needed.

- Better seat design with higher quality heated seats and the addition of ventilated seats. They should also relocate the heated seat controls to the door or high dash.

- Put in an aux input for ipod control. Apple's website says that it's coming soon but how soon before it becomes too late...

- Make the headlights bi-xenon.

- Offer heated seats in the rear like the Maxima.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned
I'm not sure there's enough room on this web server to discuss this

Old 03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Corgidog
6 spd all wheel drive model.
+1 in the coupe too.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
More power

Stronger engine for those who want to go FI

AIR CONDITIONED SEATS!

As mentioned above - screen built in to dash (like on M) rather than the pop up.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't forget to make the navi touchscreen.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:17 PM
nah, the navi will probably feature the M's dash controller, as indiciated in the coupe concept.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Lip
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vn3115
+1 in the coupe too.
Now that would be something

Old 03-15-2006, 02:47 PM
cooled seats
better NAV
no less then the M sound system...(speakers in the seats)
push button start, instead of the intelligent key
better bolsters

Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Why u guys so down on the popup navi? I love the popup.
It desperately needs touch screen, voice command would be nice.

Bump in power would be great.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Touchscreen?

You mean to tell me the M35 nav is *not* touchscreen? How awful. My wife drives a Toyota Highlander and the nav is touchscreen...works so well too. There's nothing more frustrating then navigating through screens with a control stick, as compared to touching the screen.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I agree on the sports package it needs to include more than VLSD, 18" wheels and Springs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 Wish List - Post Your Thoughts