G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Easy ECU reset is a HOAX!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Easy ECU reset is a HOAX!!!

OK, guys. I was able to reproduce the steps correctly. Now the only question is whether this does the same thing as disconnecting the battery overnight. I have the service manual and it's not clear.

The big downside to the battery disconnect is that it resets your trip odometerrs, makes your clock time wrong, and wipes out your seat memory.

--Steve

Old 09-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for being a noob...but when should the ECU be reset? My car is only 4 mo. old and has 2500miles.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:43 PM

reset every 2 weeks is my rule

Old 09-09-2003, 04:57 PM

OK....Why is it necessary every 2 weeks...what happends to the ECU that require it to be reset.

Is it driver dependent that the ECU adjusts to driving conditions or habits?

Last question, is this for all cars (i.e. Acura TL/RL)

TIA

Old 09-09-2003, 08:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Zimbo- <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

OK, guys. I was able to reproduce the steps correctly. Now the only question is whether this does the same thing as disconnecting the battery overnight. I have the service manual and it's not clear.

The big downside to the battery disconnect is that it resets your trip odometerrs, makes your clock time wrong, and wipes out your seat memory.

--Steve

<hr></blockquote>

I'm glad you finally sorted out the procedure. As I said the timing is all important.
As to whether the 'Easy Reset' or the 'Battery Disconnect' do the same thing- well that would be hard to prove but my guess is that it does, except as you pointed out- with the battery disc., certain settings are lost including trip odometers, clock, seat memory, radio presets, and if you have navi, you lose mpg average and I believe time and distance board is wiped clean.
My seat of the pants tells me that they do the same thing, so now all I do is the Easy one.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

rpatelrr ()
09/08/03 11:54 PM

gsedanman the way you explain it works. I thing I did notice is by the time you count to 3 and final press of the gas pedal the airbag light should go off at the same exact time you release te fifth and final gas pedal press

<hr></blockquote>

You seem to have found your own timing method. That's great bro and I'm glad you succeeded. Enjoy.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

marvinclt (Newbie)
09/09/03 12:14 PM

Sorry for being a noob...but when should the ECU be reset? My car is only 4 mo. old and has 2500miles.

<hr></blockquote>

I do mine about every 2 to 4 weeks, but that depends on how you drive since the ECU learns your driving characteristics---- more spirited driving = less need to reset often. Less spirited = more need to reset often.
Try resetting now and notice the difference. Tell us what you think. Then wait a few weeks or until you feel the shifting getting a little 'soft', then reset again. Good luck and enjoy

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>