G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

350z Springs Alignment ?- need some help out of the rough

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2006 | 10:11 PM
|
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
From: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
I forgot to get my numbers from Lokey when after they did my alignment. I am gooig by there tomorrow after I get my bumber and chin spoiler installed to have my drivers seat fixed. I will get a copy of the results.

I did notice a difference in the steering wheel alignment though.

Old 06-25-2006 | 10:31 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com
Premier Member
Originally Posted by vrsc
It was my understanding that the Camber on our G's in not adjustable without having to purcahse camber kits/arms
The rear camber is adjustable but only so much.
-GP-

Old 06-25-2006 | 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
The rear camber is adjustable but only so much.
-GP-
GP,

Since you are a mechanic yourself. What you think about my alignment report? I think the awd's cambers will be off the spec more vs. rwd since the drop was more. Do you think that by adjusting the toe into spec that they knock the camber to 2.9? Just want to know if I start worrrying about my car?

Thanks...

Old 06-26-2006 | 12:10 AM
Here are a couple of rear shots after the drop. In person, I see a little neg camber but in the pictures, it's harder to tell. Warning...car is very dirty.

Last edited by mikeee2; 06-26-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2006 | 03:20 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com
Premier Member
The toe would have had to be completly out of whack to bring the camber back in another .3 of a degree. It might just be something about the X but i dont know cuz i dont have one. I remember when i dropped mine the toe wasnt out THAT bad and i was able to bring the rear camber pretty close to spec. -2.9 is pretty bad if you ask me. I just did an alignment on my friends civic the other day, it's slammed on coilovers and his rear camber was only
-3.4. You should bring it on down to so cal and see what i can do with it
-GP-

Old 06-26-2006 | 06:46 AM
The toe would have had to be completly out of whack to bring the camber back in another .3 of a degree. It might just be something about the X but i dont know cuz i dont have one. I remember when i dropped mine the toe wasnt out THAT bad and i was able to bring the rear camber pretty close to spec. -2.9 is pretty bad if you ask me. I just did an alignment on my friends civic the other day, it's slammed on coilovers and his rear camber was only
-GP-
GP...haha...

I guess I need to live with it. Would putting coupe springs (1 inch drop for X) bring the cambers back closer? I like the current look but I don't know if I can tolerate the tire wear in the long run.

Putting back the stock springs would bring everything back right? I think I am spending too much time with my car and $ as well. It's like I am working for my car and it should be the other way around.

So what kind of option do I have? I don't like this neg camber look from the back. How was the civic's rear by looking at it from the rear?

What about camber kits? I don't really want to invest more money on my car, everything is getting a bit expensive.

X's out there, what kinda camber are you guys getting after your alignment???

Last edited by mikeee2; 06-26-2006 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-26-2006 | 05:56 PM
-GP-
GP,

So what was the civic's camber after alignment? Or -3.4 is the final number?

Old 08-17-2009 | 09:24 PM
Back from the dead..

I am strongly considering buying a set of revised Z shocks and the
Z(front)/ G(coupe rear) spring combo. I think it looks great.

Has anyone with this setup experience any premature tire wear?

Reading through this thread it looks like I would need to get a camber kit to get back in the center of the factory specs, which I am not overly concerned with as long as my tires don't wear funny or quicker than normal.

Lowering this car less than an inch isn't worth tearing through pricey 19" tires.

Thanks in advance for any help

Old 08-17-2009 | 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by chris12
I am strongly considering buying a set of revised Z shocks and the
Z(front)/ G(coupe rear) spring combo. I think it looks great.

Has anyone with this setup experience any premature tire wear?

Reading through this thread it looks like I would need to get a camber kit to get back in the center of the factory specs, which I am not overly concerned with as long as my tires don't wear funny or quicker than normal.

Lowering this car less than an inch isn't worth tearing through pricey 19" tires.

Thanks in advance for any help

I have that exact setup. A camber kit is not needed because the camber will be within spec or fractionally outside of it (front only). Camber usually isn't what kills tires, toe does. Excessive camber (1.5+) can wear a tire at an angle, but that's about it. The issue you may have is front inner tire feathering. That's a problem my 03 sedan developed when I went with Z springs up front. There are ways to combat this. Set front toe to max toe-in (0.16"), cross-rotate the front tires every 2K miles, and always use non-directional tires.

Old 08-18-2009 | 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I have that exact setup. A camber kit is not needed because the camber will be within spec or fractionally outside of it (front only). Camber usually isn't what kills tires, toe does. Excessive camber (1.5+) can wear a tire at an angle, but that's about it. The issue you may have is front inner tire feathering. That's a problem my 03 sedan developed when I went with Z springs up front. There are ways to combat this. Set front toe to max toe-in (0.16"), cross-rotate the front tires every 2K miles, and always use non-directional tires.
Thanks for the reply Dave.

Could there be any other negative consequeces caused by setting the front toe to max toe in? I know I'd never get around to rotating the tires every 2K.
It is my wifes car, so you know how that goes..

Also what size rims and tires do you currently have on? I have 225/45/19 in the front, so they're taller and wider than my stock 17"ers.

Last edited by chris12; 08-18-2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: I write like a second grader.
Old 08-18-2009 | 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by chris12
Thanks for the reply Dave.

Could there be any other negative consequeces caused by setting the front toe to max toe in? I know I'd never get around to rotating the tires every 2K.
It is my wifes car, so you know how that goes..

Also what size rims and tires do you currently have on? I have 225/45/19 in the front, so it taller and wider than my stock 17"ers.
There are no other negative consuquences with setting the toe-in to max. My aftermarket wheels are 18X8 with 235/45 PZeros. My 235s are about 1.2" wider than the OEM 215/55R17s.

Old 08-18-2009 | 04:14 PM
i'm gonna have to try that as my front tires are feathering on the inside and i'm on the sport 18 inch wheels.