G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Why Bose Sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a freaking stock stereo...Don't like it change it...Depends on you type of music too...Some might not like the way LV sounds...I've read thread where they hated it...Don't like it change it...Don't like Bose in the store don't buy it...

Old 07-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by RLampke
I'm not sure what my financial situation had to do w/this, but it just goes to show you the real lack of knowledge here. Since you cannot defend youself intelligently and factually like your Bose buddy John, you resort to statements like this which has nothing to do w/this thread at all.

Great post Omarvelous - looking forward to the next time you make an *** out of yourself.

Only *** here is yourself. You go on and on with your biased opion, and whine like a child.

Don't buy the car. What are your other qualms with the car?

you stated your opinion.....OPINION. We get it. Now why do you stick around?

What exactly is your point? You probably don't even know.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
No, what is unbelieveable is you RLampke, you are free to give your opinion and your two cents, but as soon as another member gives theirs, you have to bad mouth them and insult them. I don't know why you think I step on people, I know I have disagreed with you in the past, but again, that's my right and your right. It's not that you give your opinion, whether or not we agree, but it's the way you reply, insulting people only makes them come back with more. I am not trying to start a fight with you, I've even agreed with you in the past, true, it was just once, but.........LOL. I don't think anyone here is flaming you for your opinions so much as the way you respond. Maybe we can see some peace here R, you think?
Since I'm getting this from all angles [which is amusing] I'll address you all - but 1st Tom:

I suggest that you take a step back and actually read the string of event in this post. Every time someone has responded w/Sinicism or Snipes that were unprovoked, I have responded back in the same manor, including to Mr. Bose. That being said, you have very well so stepped on other people's opinions in defense of your love affair w/your car in the past time-and-time again. Unfortunately, I do not have the time or the desire to write a SQL Query to mine through all the unbelievable amount of posts [ 4,500+] that you have, to demonstrate that you are incorrect. If your intention is otherwise, then who are you to say that my responses are any different…? E-mail is a bad medium for communication as it is difficult to express overtone and connotations. Nevertheless, as I said before: If you do not like responses and feel I’m hurting your feelings, then ignore them and leave this thread – or answer back w/facts and defend your position as I and others here are doing. I'm all for a professional and adult conversations.

...back to the topic:

You all talk about the G35 being a “Bargain” as a defense of the sub-par POS system, the problem is that all of you defending this system and this car do not understand what systems like Mark Levinson and other real high-end system are: Mark Levinson systems [and others] go for Hundreds of Thousands of dollars [$100,000+]. For Toyota to get a vendor like Mark Levinson to offer a system that has 90% of their home audio functionality, for $2,000 - $5,000 is an unbelievable incredible bargain – even if it is bundled w/other options. What does Bose/Nissan offer…? The same junk that is in their Lifestyle, WaveRadio and AcousticMass crap systems. Even further, the designer of the “Studio on Wheels” an “engineer” at Bose cannot defend his own creation…? If that’s the case I cannot wait to here this system. Just having him chime in on a forum like this should demonstrate what Bose is all about. For Infiniti to offer a system so sub-par only demonstrates the cost-cutting nature of this car. There are others who feel that I should “just replace the radio” – but why should I have to..? For those of us who lease this is not an option, and shelling out $40k does not entitle me to a top-notch sound system…? Others that the G competes against sure have them that also have very similiar performance.

Last edited by RLampke; 07-20-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned
Another good point:

Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday
I can't imagine a 10" in the door, the car is going to be an extrem rattle trap.

My M45 has 500 miles on it and I'm already ready to go balistic because of the passenger door rattling as soon as I get the volume up to 50%.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Since I'm getting this from all angles [which is amusing] I'll address you all.
Let me defend you a bit. Except for you posting someone else's comments without permission, you have defended yourself quite well. Your arguments were punctuated with facts and opinions.

Having not heard the ML system (but I'm darn sure going to now!), I can't make judgements. I used to care a lot about sound back in the seventies and eighties, but now that my hearing is crap, it's not that big a deal anymore.

So, don't let people get you down (I know they don't) and don't confuse the argument with facts.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In all the posts I've left here, I can only remember one time that someone asked if I had something against them, and that was just a misunderstanding. I will admit, when I see BS, I will call BS, but nothing wrong with that IMO!

Old 07-20-2006, 01:09 PM
You all talk about the G35 being a “Bargain” as a defense of the sub-par POS system, the problem is that all of you defending this system and this car do not understand what systems like Mark Levinson and other real high-end system are: Mark Levinson systems [and others] go for Hundreds of Thousands of dollars [$100,000+]. For Toyota to get a vendor like Mark Levinson to offer a system that has 90% of their home audio functionality, for $2,000 - $5,000 is an unbelievable incredible bargain – even if it is bundled w/other options. What does Bose/Nissan offer…? The same junk that is in their Lifestyle, WaveRadio and AcousticMass crap systems. Even further, the designer of the “Studio on Wheels” an “engineer” at Bose cannot defend his own creation…? If that’s the case I cannot wait to here this system. Just having him chime in on a forum like this should demonstrate what Bose is all about. For Infiniti to offer a system so sub-par only demonstrates the cost-cutting nature of this car. There are others who feel that I should “just replace the radio” – but why should I have to..? For those of us who lease this is not an option, and shelling out $40k does not entitle me to a top-notch sound system…? Others that the G competes against sure have them that also have very similiar performance.
I agree that Nissan/Infiniti have a long way to go before they are legitimate competition to Lexus/BMW but bear in mind that less than six years ago, Infiniti's entire lineup of vehicles were pure rebadged Nissan crap. The fact that we even have a Bose system in the car is an accomplishment. As to what you are entitled, $40K will not give you a top notch sound system with a car that handles worth a damn.. sorry, not gonna happen. Acura's TL has a great sound system but who wants to drive a FWD wonder? The thing handles like ***. Infiniti is still playing catch up to Lexus and BMW... they've taken quite a few leaps in the past few years but they still aren't there yet.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Thumbs down Lies...

...back to the topic:

You all talk about the G35 being a “Bargain” as a defense of the sub-par POS system, the problem is that all of you defending this system and this car do not understand what systems like Mark Levinson and other real high-end system are: Mark Levinson systems [and others] go for Hundreds of Thousands of dollars [$100,000+]. For Toyota to get a vendor like Mark Levinson to offer a system that has 90% of their home audio functionality, for $2,000 - $5,000 is an unbelievable incredible bargain – even if it is bundled w/other options.
You really are clueless aren't you? Mark Levinson is good, but it is a joke compared to the likes of Physiks, Phazon, Dynaudio, Wilson Audio, Vandersteen, Cello, and Linn.

You have not sat in the new G, you have not heard the new sound system, and you have not driven the car. You are just acting like a typical childish magazine racer with an axe to grind.

Since when do you either..? I don't recall ever mentioning that I was "the Judge" of anything. My opinion on this matter is based on what is in my driveway, other owners that I know and what others have PM'd me about - you said that.
I never used the term "us" did I? Why do you feel the need to lie in order to get your point across? As for other owners that you know and claimed to have PM'ed you; that is all hear'say.

Last edited by senneca01; 07-20-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JGFox
The fact that we even have a Bose system in the car is an accomplishment.
This is an accomplishment..? GM has been offering Bose system in their cars - mainstream cars over 10 years ago.

Last edited by RLampke; 07-20-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by senneca01
You really are clueless aren't you? Mark Levinson is good, but it is a joke compared to the likes of Physiks, Phazon, Dynaudio, Wilson Audio, Vandersteen, Cello, and Linn.

You have not sat in the new G, you have not heard the new sound system, and you have not driven the car. You are just acting like a typical childish magazine racer with an axe to grind.

I never used the term "us" did I? Why do you feel the need to lie in order to get your point across? As for other owners that you know and claimed to have PM'ed you; that is all hear'say.
..I wonder who really has an axe to grind here.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:52 PM
..I wonder who really has an axe to grind here.
Seriously though, could you please tell us all what the point of your original post was, "Why Bose Sucks". Okay, so Bose sucks. I knew that 10 years ago. Is that what you are trying to prove to everyone here? We all know that the new G will be using a Bose designed system as an option. Why are you still here then?

Are you planning on changing Infiniti's mind about using Bose? Are you trying to get people not to even hear the sound system because it is a Bose? Do you want people to hate Bose just like you? Are you trying to prove that every other car in this class has a better sound option? Do you want the new G35 to be a failure? Are the people at Infiniti morons beause they chose Bose, again? Whether you like it or not, Infiniti has chosen Bose for it's high-end option. Again, what was the point of the original post, as it relates to the new 2007 G35?

Last edited by senneca01; 07-20-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned
Seriously though, could you please tell us all what the point of your original post was, "Why Bose Sucks".
If you still have not figured this out after 7 pages of threads, your probably not ever going to, and a re-explanation is futile at this point.

If your not satisfied then leave this discussion...

Old 07-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Seriously though, could you please tell us all what the point of your original post was, "Why Bose Sucks". Okay, so Bose sucks.

Again, what was the point of the original post, as it relates to the new 2007 G35?
Senneca, we are in the same boat here. I think he is also.

No point to this thread.

Opinions are like *******s, every1 has one.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Talking

Is there a vehicle with a Linn stereo? Now that is a car I would buy!

Old 07-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Question Answer the question...

If you still have not figured this out after 7 pages of threads, your probably not ever going to, and a re-explanation is futile at this point.

If your not satisfied then leave this discussion...
Why are you avoiding my question? It seems as though I am not the only one here who doesn't understand the point of the original post. I would appreciate it if you answered the question, instead of telling me to leave the discussion. How does, "Why Bose Sucks" relate to the 2007 G35?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Bose Sucks