G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Am I the only one...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:24 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe Aston Martin is the pinnacle when it comes to exterior design. However, I'm liking this coupe just as much as the new V8 Vantage. Design wise this coupe will be in some really good company.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:42 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ElixXxeR
...who would honestly buy a G35 over a 3 series even if they were priced equally? I ask this because of other recent threads concerning prices of both the G35 and new 335i, and the consensus seems to be that, given the choice, most would rather have the 335i. I obviously haven't driven the 2007 sedan, but based on the last model and what I see in pictures, I would honestly rather have it than the 335i. Am I alone?
No you're not.

Even priced equally, the G is still roomier and features several gadget which the BMW lacks.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElixXxeR
...who would honestly buy a G35 over a 3 series even if they were priced equally? I ask this because of other recent threads concerning prices of both the G35 and new 335i, and the consensus seems to be that, given the choice, most would rather have the 335i. I obviously haven't driven the 2007 sedan, but based on the last model and what I see in pictures, I would honestly rather have it than the 335i. Am I alone?
First of all, get your facts together before you post. New G35 sedan and 335i sedan are NOT priced equally.

I considered buying a 335i sedan but its price with "bare minimum" option is at $42,845 to include just Sport Pkg and Step Auto. This price does not even include freaking leather! If I add leather (Premium Pkg), the price becomes $45,295! Again, this doesn't even include keyless entry that is standard on G35. If I add Nav or any other option, the price becomes over $50K.

On the other hand, new G35 Sporty has EVERYTHING that I need as standard; such as fine leather, HID, Auto with paddle shift, 18" wheel, Sport everything and even alum pedals. I expect its price to be around $34k. Few months after its release, I can get VPP and buy this for like $32k.

The price difference, to me at least, is over $10K, which I cannot ignore.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by luxman
First of all, get your facts together before you post. New G35 sedan and 335i sedan are NOT priced equally.
He was not stating that they ARE priced equally, he is asking IF they were priced equally!! Don't jump on someone without reading.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
He was not stating that they ARE priced equally, he is asking IF they were priced equally!! Don't jump on someone without reading.
Right.

So the point is; would I buy new G35 if its price is equal to similary equipped 335i? Not a chance. Any sane person would make the same choice.

To me, if the price difference is even within $5k, I might seriously consider buying 335i. But $10k is bit too much to ignore.

I live in the Silicon Valley and there are as many as BMW 3 series as Accord or Camry. I am not kidding. So driving a 330i here doesn't mean a thing. If you're image conscious, you got to have at least 550i to get noticed around here. If someone wants to pay $10k more for 335i over G35 for image only, it simply won't work in this city.

Infiniti is not stupid. They know exactly where to stay in the market. BMW 335i has officially moved up to a whole new price sector and now out of reach for many entry luxury sporty sedan/coupe buyers. I think we shouldn't even compare 335i to G35 anymore because of the big price difference. G35 sedan should be compared to 328i instead.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I live in the Silicon Valley and there are as many as BMW 3 series as Accord or Camry. I am not kidding. So driving a 330i here doesn't mean a thing. If you're image conscious, you got to have at least 550i to get noticed around here. If someone wants to pay $10k more for 335i over G35 for image only, it simply won't work in this city.
Same situation here, I see BMW at least 10:1 over Infiniti on my way to work.
To some, I'm sure this is important.
Personally, I don't give a rats azz.... I drive what I like.
Infiniti is not stupid. They know exactly where to stay in the market. BMW 335i has officially moved up to a whole new price sector and now out of reach for many entry luxury sporty sedan/coupe buyers. I think we shouldn't even compare 335i to G35 anymore because of the big price difference. G35 sedan should be compared to 328i instead.
The 335 was only a minor $ increase over the previous 330ci & includes more base goodies and a kick azz powertrain.
Far better value than before.

Infiniti prices have also gone up for the new sedan & will certainly go up for the coupe.
The actual price differential is just about the same as it always was.
The performance gap has widened considerably.
The BMW has definitely become more cost effective in the market place.

As far as Infiniti goes (new coupe)... we'll see.
I sure hope they rise to the occasion.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:59 PM
So the point is; would I buy new G35 if its price is equal to similary equipped 335i? Not a chance. Any sane person would make the same choice.
That's a bold statement to be making. Each person has their own desires in a car. Car design is an art and is subjective...some people like the BMW's lines, some like the G35's lines. ElixXxeR said he would still choose the G35 over the 335i even with an equal price. Speedholic confirmed that ElixXxeR is not alone...there are people that aren't looking for what BMW is offering.

To say that only an insane person would choose the G35 over the 335i is a foolish statement in my opinion.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
^^^^^ Agreed.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
That's a bold statement to be making. Each person has their own desires in a car. Car design is an art and is subjective...some people like the BMW's lines, some like the G35's lines. ElixXxeR said he would still choose the G35 over the 335i even with an equal price. Speedholic confirmed that ElixXxeR is not alone...there are people that aren't looking for what BMW is offering.

To say that only an insane person would choose the G35 over the 335i is a foolish statement in my opinion.
I understand & agree with you.... especially the way it was worded.

But, general consensus....
If there were 100 people & you put a set of Infinti keys in one hand & a set of BMW keys in the other.
Now, if you said for $38,000 pick either one.
Which way do you think it it would trend ?

Old 09-26-2006, 02:17 PM
DWP
So many factors large and small, many totally subjective, figure into the choice between competing cars that a given choice can never be "right" or "wrong" (or "sane" or "insane", for that matter). How two cars compare in timed acceleration or time around a skidpad means less to me than the things that bear upon daily driving in traffic, like ergonomics and driver interfaces. We'll probably compare the G35 and BMW 335 later this year, but one factor already tilting us towards the G35 is something that may strike others as trivial - the fact that Nissan offers XM radio and BMW doesn't. We've had XM since early '03, currently have two XM radios, really want satellite radio in our next car and have zero interest in switching to Sirius. I mention this not to kick off a debate on the relative merits of XM and Sirius, but to illustrate how small things can influence the choice of a car. Oh, and we drove BMWs (a 3 and a 5) for 19 years, until 2003.

P.S. I don't care how 100 people would break on the choice between BMW and Infiniti. I bye a car for myself, not for other people.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I understand & agree with you.... especially the way it was worded.

But, general consensus....
If there were 100 people & you put a set of Infinti keys in one hand & a set of BMW keys in the other.
Now, if you said for $38,000 pick either one.
Which way do you think it it would trend ?
Yeah...I understand the argument...I just hate it when people take personal opinion or a generality and turn it into a hard fact.

Originally Posted by DWP
P.S. I don't care how 100 people would break on the choice between BMW and Infiniti. I bye a car for myself, not for other people.
+1 "bye" --> "buy"

Old 09-26-2006, 02:23 PM
DWP
I don't like having my deathless prose sprinkled with advertising links, even though I realize they help to pay for this forum.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by DWP
I don't like having my deathless prose sprinkled with advertising links, even though I realize they help to pay for this forum.
ahhh....icic...nice work then.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by DaCurryman

I can only say for myself and maybe my statement was bit too strong. However, if the new 335i also starts low $30k exactly same as new G35, I seriously wonder how many people would actually buy a G35 over 335i.

Recent Automobile magazine has tested TWICE that new 335i puts as much as 300hp to the WHEEL, which means that thing has actual hp near 350hp.

Obviously we all like G35 since we are in this forum often, but let's not kid ourselves that we will buy G35 over 335i if they are same price.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature..._dyno_revised/

http://www.automobilemag.com/multime...ugh_the_gears/

Old 09-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)

Obviously we all like G35 since we are in this forum often, but let's not kid ourselves that we will buy G35 over 335i if they are same price.
LOL...
If If's and But's were Candy and Nuts,
We'd All be driving the same car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one...