G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not exactly Holy Grail, but better. The shuffle bug is a pretty big deal for me.

Plus, I don't have an iPod, nor do I necessarily want one. There are numerous other portable media players with equal/more/better features.

I wish there was a standardized interface/control system for these things. Heck, a USB connection would probably do the trick. All that would be needed is software for each device.

Why does it make me so angry that the only supported devices for stereo integration are iPods(ok Phatbox on a few models)..??

Old 11-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by nikkun
^^ actually I think I may explore it. though I do second another posters thought that $300 is a bit pricey.
I think part of the problem is that it is a genuine Nissan part, which automatically means that it costs more than other stuff. By the same token, I think that it probably means that it is truly designed to work in Nissan/Infiniti vehicles.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by shoeless
From what I've read, the easiest way is to simply disconnect the ipod. A guy on on of the fx forums built some sort of interruption switch which disengaged the ipod just long enough for the sat radio to kick in. The guys at the website are pretty helpful and know a ton more than I do about it.
That Some Guy is me

Was thinking about this for when we get our G and the issue is that I don't think the satellite tuners are the same in the new G as they are in other Nissan/Infinitis. In the other cars, they are basically all the same sat tuners, and this OEM ipod interface emulates sat radio. It works great, except for the steering wheel track up/down buttons do not do track up/down on the ipod. Since the ipod box emulates a sat tuner, in normal sat mode, the up/down on the wheel does not do track up/down, it does presets up/down. So thats probably not gonna change.

Now I could find out if the tuners are the same from Brian at nissansattuner.com (he is on the FX.org board). I would almost bet that it is different in the xm/traffic equipped cars. If the standard tuners are the same, it would be an easy plug in at the sat tuner to test.

(Kinda hinting again if anyone has the service manual and would like my email address...)

Old 12-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by johnmax
That Some Guy is me

Was thinking about this for when we get our G and the issue is that I don't think the satellite tuners are the same in the new G as they are in other Nissan/Infinitis. In the other cars, they are basically all the same sat tuners, and this OEM ipod interface emulates sat radio. It works great, except for the steering wheel track up/down buttons do not do track up/down on the ipod. Since the ipod box emulates a sat tuner, in normal sat mode, the up/down on the wheel does not do track up/down, it does presets up/down. So thats probably not gonna change.

Now I could find out if the tuners are the same from Brian at nissansattuner.com (he is on the FX.org board). I would almost bet that it is different in the xm/traffic equipped cars. If the standard tuners are the same, it would be an easy plug in at the sat tuner to test.

(Kinda hinting again if anyone has the service manual and would like my email address...)
I spojke with Brian (I think it was Brian) earlier this week, and he indicated that the piece would work with the new G. I didn't ask however, to differentiate between the with/without satellite vehicle.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Hi Guys, I am Brian, and here is the scoop.
I don't want to start advertising our site here, as I see you guys have sponsors, and I don't want to step on any toes, so I will try to just answer your questions...

The Sat is activated by unplugging the dockign cable from the Ipod, since the Ipod is the Primary Signal, it then looks for a second signal which would be the Sat Radio.
All of the Newer Infinitis/Nissans are SAT Ready, so when we are saying With and without SAT, we are asking if the actual SAT Tuner is installed.

I do not have a definitive on the 07 G35 as of yet, I am more than willing to work with anyone who wants to be the Tester, and by that I mena, we would be more than willing to return the unit and issue a full refund if it does not work.
You guys can get ahold of me through the website, or by my email on the website.

Brian

Old 12-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by jerseyparts
Hi Guys, I am Brian, and here is the scoop.
I don't want to start advertising our site here, as I see you guys have sponsors, and I don't want to step on any toes, so I will try to just answer your questions...

The Sat is activated by unplugging the dockign cable from the Ipod, since the Ipod is the Primary Signal, it then looks for a second signal which would be the Sat Radio.
All of the Newer Infinitis/Nissans are SAT Ready, so when we are saying With and without SAT, we are asking if the actual SAT Tuner is installed.

I do not have a definitive on the 07 G35 as of yet, I am more than willing to work with anyone who wants to be the Tester, and by that I mena, we would be more than willing to return the unit and issue a full refund if it does not work.
You guys can get ahold of me through the website, or by my email on the website.

Brian
Thanks, Brian.

I'm the guy you talked to on the phone earlier this week. From what you are saying about all the new Infiniti cars being satellite ready, it sounds like the new G could accept this mod, unless Infiniti just decided to treat the G differently for some odd reason.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 PM
IC Paul
All right I want to ask this because I am a audio novice and because of that I would pay the $300 for this thing if I can get it with a good quality sound. I an not even concerened about the steering wheel controls. Okay two questions.. One will this work if I have Siruis and Navigation, two where in the San Jose California area can I get this done.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Has anyone taken Brian up on his offer to be the tester for this item in the 07 G?

Old 12-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by jdjones
Has anyone taken Brian up on his offer to be the tester for this item in the 07 G?
No, but I just stumbled accross this

http://www.autosound2000.com/ipodadapters.htm

I've confirmed with the manufacturer that it displays menus and album art through the video connection, so I just need someone to hack the new G's video protection thingy so we can see the screen while the car is moving.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shoeless
No, but I just stumbled accross this

http://www.autosound2000.com/ipodadapters.htm

I've confirmed with the manufacturer that it displays menus and album art through the video connection, so I just need someone to hack the new G's video protection thingy so we can see the screen while the car is moving.
Now that's the way it should be!

The hack is a must have, if someone doesn't produce one in a few months. maybe we should start a pool of funding and put an incentive out there, might get some people interested if there was a couple hundred dollar prize for the first to successfully create the patch. If everyone put in $10-$20 via paypal we could get this taken care of easily and it could be a thorough fix, remove the enter at every start and possibly allowing copying MP3s for CD & CF as well, I doubt any of that stuff is hardware based. G35 owner incentive would be free to those who put money upfront, $50 purchase for those afterwards.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Well I've said here before, if anyone has the service manual and is willing to let me have a peek.....

Unless you guys wanna wait till feb/march when I get my G and open it up.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 12-19-2006, 11:14 PM
That set up won't show song title or album and requires the front console be pulled out. The set up I first referred to leaves the head unit intact and displays song info on the 7" screen.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Glad you wrote, that. I had that setup in my coupe. White it was good, I want one that can use the steering wheel controls and also display the song info.

Hope Brian can adapt his system to the G.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Plus with that PAC piece in that thread, you lose audio whenever your satellite loses signal. I have done a bunch of them in the FX. Man I wish I had my G already. I could take out the oem ipod gateway from My FX and try it in the G. Hopefully someone will try this before I get mine (march )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration