G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering, did anybody ever try the iPod integration kit for Nissan Murano and FX on the 07 G35 Sedan?

Old 01-19-2007, 06:47 PM
what about a 03.5 sedan G35?

Originally Posted by huhuh2
Just wondering, did anybody ever try the iPod integration kit for Nissan Murano and FX on the 07 G35 Sedan?
anyone tried on a 03.5 G35 w/ prewired Satelite for the bose system?

Old 02-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Bump for any more info...

Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 AM
And here I thought the Holy Grail was controlled nuclear fusion...

Old 02-28-2007, 12:20 AM
lol

Old 02-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Brian (or anyone) - for those of us who just got the base audio unit to start with (non studio on wheels), are you saying that even those units are SAT ready and can be upgraded?

Originally Posted by jerseyparts
...All of the Newer Infinitis/Nissans are SAT Ready, so when we are saying With and without SAT, we are asking if the actual SAT Tuner is installed.

Brian

Old 05-08-2007, 11:34 PM
what about the studio on wheels without the nav ?

Old 05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Brian, feel free to send me the interface at no charge. I will be happy to see if it works on the 07. If it does, I'll send you the $$ if not i'll send you the interface.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
I just traded up from the '06 to the ,07. I didn't pay the dealer for the Sat install so I did it myself (and I wanted Sirius and not XM), having done it on the '06. It is even easier in the '07 as the mounting point and wiring harness are ready for you. I am really interested in this option as well and would be happy to add it to my '07 g35J and report back! Sound like the perfect fit!

Old 05-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by psymonG35
I just traded up from the '06 to the ,07. I didn't pay the dealer for the Sat install so I did it myself (and I wanted Sirius and not XM), having done it on the '06. It is even easier in the '07 as the mounting point and wiring harness are ready for you. I am really interested in this option as well and would be happy to add it to my '07 g35J and report back! Sound like the perfect fit!
Is the sat mounting pointing under the back seat as it was in the past? Do you have pictures of the location?

Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry Guys, I disappeared for awhile.
Ok I spent a day at an Infiniti dealer a couple weeks back.
Yes this unit works on the G all the way up to 2007
We have a new installation option, where you can install this unit behind the Radio, (connections at the back of the radio) and you have access to the ipod from the front seat.
We tried it on a Coupe and a Sedan, while the controls took some time to figure out, we did get it to work well, the sound was incredible and the screen did display the ipod information.

There is no input for Video, so that is not an option at this point.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brian

Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM
We have a new installation option, where you can install this unit behind the Radio, (connections at the back of the radio) and you have access to the ipod from the front seat.
We tried it on a Coupe and a Sedan, while the controls took some time to figure out, we did get it to work well, the sound was incredible and the screen did display the ipod information.

Brian

So the price is 310+tax? How long would the installation take? I think I want to get this done. I mean I have paid over 100 bucks already on cables trying to get a good iPod solution. This sounds perfect.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Brian,
Where does the cable come out from behind the radio? Any pics? How long did the installation take and is it reasonable for DIYers?

-Frank

Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This might sound dumb, but the does the 07 G35 Sedan have the "Digital Audio Link" feature?
In the G37 order guide its listed there with "(iPod interface)" next to it.. if this is a true iPod interface perhaps it can be retrofitted into the sedan?

Old 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM

Brian
I would like more information on how it works with the 2007 G35. I have XM Satellite and the Nav. Sorry for all the questions below, but I find this iPod integration very interesting. Can you give more detailed information such as:

1. Can you see the song information (artist, song title, album, etc.) in the G35's LCD screen even while the car is moving?

2. How do the controls works? For example, how do you switch between AM, FM, XM, AUX, iPod, etc.

3. Can the auxiliary input in the center console still be used for other sources with audio/video outputs?

4. How do the controls in the steering wheel work (such as the track next/previous buttons, volume control, etc.)? Is it even necessary to use the iPod's controls, or the existing controls in the G35 can be used? Do the iPod controls even work when it is hooked up?

5. If you are using the iPod, and the G35's LCD screen shows the iPod information, can you easily switch from the ipod view to another view of the LCD (such as navigation maps, status display such as temperature settings of car, etc.)?

6. When using the iPod, and the nav has to give a direction (such as "turn right in half a mile"), can you still hear the nav?

7. Are you in Erial, NJ (close to Philly)?

8. Where can the iPod itself be installed? Center console? Glove compartment?

9. Any potential problems with voiding any Infiniti warranties?

Finally, pictures would be great to have (especially pictures of the G35's LCD screen)!!

Thanks!

Last edited by randman; 05-16-2007 at 07:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration