G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok let me see if I can answer some of these.

The price is 220 for vehicles without sat, and 250 for ones with sat.

The cable comes from the Adapter, so it will come out of the bottom of the dash, and will have enough length to make it to the center console.
Installation takes about 1 1/2 hours, only because the radio has to come out, after that it is plug and play.

I do not know anything about the digital audio link, I am sorry, that question would be ansered by an Infiniti Dealer.

Ok, now the numbered questions:

1: Yes it displays info even when driving.

2: Controls work like so: Push Cat Folder to get to desired area (playlist, artisit, song, genre) push Seek, use the tuning **** or Cat folder button to scroll through the songs/artists,etc... press seek to select the desired song/artist.
You push the RADIO button the desired number times for audio inputs (1 push = FM 2 Push = FM2 3 Push is AM 4 Push = SAT/Ipod) or if you have a SAT Button you simply push it.

3. Aux Input if equipped will work as normal.

4. You can use the steering wheel to control volume, and on the early years the channel button will switch to next song, but on the newer years, the channel button will enter scroll mode, so it is useless.

5. Yes you can switch to Nav Display, or Ipod display with a simple push of the display button.

6. The Ipod runs through factory radio, so Yes it will DIM the sound and overide the speakers with directions.

7. Office is in Erial (Building only) Actual Shop is in Turnersville.

8. Ipod can be installed anywhere, Glove compartment, center console, in an Ipod Holder on the dash, ETC....

9. No Probelms with violating any warranties, it is a NIssan product, the Cabnles are Genuine Nissan too, we have just modified them to work with the front harness.
We are currently selling modules to Infiniti dealers.

I will work on some pics for you guys...

Brian

Old 05-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow. This sounds really interesting! Thanks for your answers. So, you can switch to the next & previous songs using the controls in the radio, but not in the steering wheel (I have a 2007 G35x with Nav)?

Thanks. Can't wait for the pics!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by jerseyparts

The cable comes from the Adapter, so it will come out of the bottom of the dash, and will have enough length to make it to the center console.
Installation takes about 1 1/2 hours, only because the radio has to come out, after that it is plug and play.

I do not know anything about the digital audio link, I am sorry, that question would be ansered by an Infiniti Dealer.

2: Controls work like so: Push Cat Folder to get to desired area (playlist, artisit, song, genre) push Seek, use the tuning **** or Cat folder button to scroll through the songs/artists,etc... press seek to select the desired song/artist.
You push the RADIO button the desired number times for audio inputs (1 push = FM 2 Push = FM2 3 Push is AM 4 Push = SAT/Ipod) or if you have a SAT Button you simply push it.

4. You can use the steering wheel to control volume, and on the early years the channel button will switch to next song, but on the newer years, the channel button will enter scroll mode, so it is useless.

5. Yes you can switch to Nav Display, or Ipod display with a simple push of the display button.

6. The Ipod runs through factory radio, so Yes it will DIM the sound and overide the speakers with directions.

8. Ipod can be installed anywhere, Glove compartment, center console, in an Ipod Holder on the dash, ETC....

9. No Probelms with violating any warranties, it is a NIssan product, the Cabnles are Genuine Nissan too, we have just modified them to work with the front harness.

Brian
If you have XM Sat service, does this harness/cable disable or override your XM sat service, or can you still have both?

Old 05-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Brian
Just wanted to verify - this integration doesn't rely on an FM transmitter, right? The audio/video of the iPod are via some sort of "line in" on the head unit?

thanks!

Old 05-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by G35er_in_TO
If you have XM Sat service, does this harness/cable disable or override your XM sat service, or can you still have both?
It should work as it does in the FX. With the ipod plugged in, you get the ipod instead of XM (or Sirius). Unplug the ipod, and you get your sat again. A great setup. I have installed quite a few of Brian's interfaces. If you are on LI and need it installed, let me know.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by shoeless
No, but I just stumbled accross this

http://www.autosound2000.com/ipodadapters.htm

I've confirmed with the manufacturer that it displays menus and album art through the video connection, so I just need someone to hack the new G's video protection thingy so we can see the screen while the car is moving.
Did anyone buy this? It looks like there is a power requirement, so how would this work in the G35?

Old 06-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Brian
Any pics yet? Also, are you folks are in the Philapdelphia area? I live in upstate New York, which is quite a distance to the Philly area. Do you any parternishps, mabye with Infiniti dealers in my area?

Thanks.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by mbhforum
Did anyone buy this? It looks like there is a power requirement, so how would this work in the G35?
It LOOKS like it uses a mini USB port for the power cable (standard plug), so by my reckoning, you could use a cigarette USB-ready charger to run it. Barring that, they have dc to ac converters that cost about 25 bucks.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM

Brian
Does it work with the base stereo head unit, or do I need the SOW??

Old 06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
I bought this and installed this weekend. I am writing up me experience with it. It is a very clean install but does require access to the trunk, removal of the rear seat, carpet and partial dis-assembly of the rear console. The entire device is powered off the Sat Cable (Much the same way that no additional power is required for Sat). It took me a bit to figure out the controls (Steering wheel controls don't work as noted above) but over all very clean install and excellent sound.

I will have a further write up with photos later this week.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:33 PM
how does this work with the XM traffic? Is that basically disabled when the ipod is connected along with sat radio?

Old 06-11-2007, 06:13 PM
FYI guys this is the same unit I have been installing in the FX (including my FX45). I am on LI if anyone needs help installing this. Brian can vouch for me.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by psymonG35
I bought this and installed this weekend. I am writing up me experience with it. It is a very clean install but does require access to the trunk, removal of the rear seat, carpet and partial dis-assembly of the rear console. The entire device is powered off the Sat Cable (Much the same way that no additional power is required for Sat). It took me a bit to figure out the controls (Steering wheel controls don't work as noted above) but over all very clean install and excellent sound.

I will have a further write up with photos later this week.
Thanks. Considering I have a 3 yr lease, I certainly don't want to go though all of this trouble. I was under the impression the install was easier and just under the seat. I guess that is with the older models. I am happy with my Zune and lcd menus, I just wish they had a damn RF remote for it : )

Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by shoeless
It LOOKS like it uses a mini USB port for the power cable (standard plug), so by my reckoning, you could use a cigarette USB-ready charger to run it. Barring that, they have dc to ac converters that cost about 25 bucks.
Thanks. Anybody have this? What are the dimensions? I wonder if this will fit in the center console of the G35. IS the remote IR or RF?

Old 06-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by mbhforum
Thanks. Anybody have this? What are the dimensions? I wonder if this will fit in the center console of the G35. IS the remote IR or RF?
I know it's IR, but have attached a couple links to other people's set ups (using different systems, but you'll get the idea). The one guy used an IR relay system, which I thought was really cool.

I think the dock you are looking at is smaller than the dLo and should fit in the cubby, but I'd e-mail the company and get the dimensions first. They were pretty quick to respond to my questions.

Here are the links:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=157557

http://www.glowview.com/cardock/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration