G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration

Guys,

I just got off the phone with this group in NJ that have been producing a complete ipod integration kit for Murano's and FX"s for a few years. The product hooks up to the satellite box located under the rear seat of the '07 G35. It doesn't matter whether you have satellite radio or not; they have kits for both types. The kit allows you to see and access all menus (playlists, etc) and see track and artist info through your 7" lcd screen and controll all functions through a combo of your steering wheel and dashboard buttons. There is an ipod integration box and nissan-to-infiniti harness that comes in the kit, plus a 15 foot cable so you can put the ipod almost anywhere in the car. The best part is, you don't have to rip apart your console to hook it up.

I lifted this next section from the ilounge website:

I bought the iPod cable and box from YourNissanParts to allow my iPod to be controlled from the Bose radio. The Murano 06 also comes standard with a 7" LCD display and the iPod shows the song and artist names on that display.

The car is pre-wired for Satellite radio which makes the install a breeze. You just fold down the back seat, pickup the flap and there is the cable to plug-in the box. I routed the iPod cable under the seat, then under the floor mat to the driver side seat. The iPod sits under the driver seat. The cable was not long enough to route to the glove box.

You press the Radio button to toggle through AM/FM and then iPod/XM. You use the Cat/Folder button to select the iPod menus. The Seek button acts as the enter key. The tuning **** allows you to quickly scroll through the song names etc...

The only negative is the random selection is reset every time you turn the ignition off. The manual documents that. I don't know why they decided to make it work that way. Every time you start your car you have to go through the menus to enable random play.

The sound quality is excellent. No RF here, it's direct audio into the Bose system.

It even comes with a nice black pouch to house your iPod. My car has black carpet so it's blends well.

Here's the link to the product:

http://www.nissansattuner.com/catalo...&DeptID=230992

Attached Thumbnails The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration-ipod_murano.jpg  
Old 11-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How does it work if you have Sat Radio installed? I went to the site and don't see any instructions. do you tune to a certain sat radio channel?

Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by kring
How does it work if you have Sat Radio installed? I went to the site and don't see any instructions. do you tune to a certain sat radio channel?
From what I've read, the easiest way is to simply disconnect the ipod. A guy on on of the fx forums built some sort of interruption switch which disengaged the ipod just long enough for the sat radio to kick in. The guys at the website are pretty helpful and know a ton more than I do about it.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 PM
I am very interested in this, however, I don't think I want to be the test subject. The website makes it sound very easy.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:57 PM
There are two different kits, one for sat. radio one for non-sat. radio.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:00 PM
$310 is a little pricey, more then the ipod costs . I still can't believe this was left out of OEM design or at least have an OEM solution at launch.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Audiophile
I am very interested in this, however, I don't think I want to be the test subject. The website makes it sound very easy.
In surfing some other sites with people that have done it, it sounds like the hardest part is hiding the cable from the back seat to an area in the front. Somebody else already went through all the heartache of being a test case, as it wasn't originally designed for infiniti, only Nissan.

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10359

It's a long read, but spells it all out.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:02 PM
There are two different kits, one for sat. radio one for non-sat. radio.
What does that mean? are you able to flip back and forth, or does it take over your sat radio. I see they offer the kit, but how does the kit actually work when your taking over the sat radio input.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 PM
What does that mean? are you able to flip back and forth, or does it take over your sat radio. I see they offer the kit, but how does the kit actually work when your taking over the sat radio input.
The kit for cars with satellite come with two cables, as the box has inputs for two devices, hence the higher price for satellite equipped cars. If it loses the signal from the ipod (by unplugging) the satellite radio re-engages.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by shoeless
In surfing some other sites with people that have done it, it sounds like the hardest part is hiding the cable from the back seat to an area in the front. Somebody else already went through all the heartache of being a test case, as it wasn't originally designed for infiniti, only Nissan.

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10359

It's a long read, but spells it all out.

But are we sure the control unit we need to tap into is in the same location on the 07. I don't think they've been out long enough for people to explore the inner workings of the 07.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
But are we sure the control unit we need to tap into is in the same location on the 07. I don't think they've been out long enough for people to explore the inner workings of the 07.
It's behind the backseat somewhere, as the antenna (if you have one) is on the back of the roof. I don't think nissan/infiniti would change the location dramatically for the G vs any other model. Here is another nice feature; It's an actual nissan product. I found the install instructions for a number of nissan vehicles:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...00001_inst.pdf

Old 11-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Great info! Any idea if this will also allow video via the ipod and if so, can video be played while car is moving?

Old 11-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by jamesb80
Great info! Any idea if this will also allow video via the ipod and if so, can video be played while car is moving?
I don't think that is one of the features, but I haven't asked to be honest.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Does anyone plan to try this?

Old 11-29-2006, 10:36 PM
^^ actually I think I may explore it. though I do second another posters thought that $300 is a bit pricey.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The holy grail - Complete Ipod integration