G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

key remote cover?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by terrycs
You didn't get an Infiniti leatherette(?) one with the car that contains all the manuals?
Ya I did (it's genuine leather by the way), but I don't want to keep it in the glove compartment. Storing out of the way in the trunk would free up some storage in the front and with a velcro application it would be out of sight but still be accessable if something weird happens. Some members said that their cars came with a black container that hooks onto the back of the seat with velcro, and I thought it was a good idea and it would be even better made out of neoprene.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Ya I did (it's genuine leather by the way), but I don't want to keep it in the glove compartment. Storing out of the way in the trunk would free up some storage in the front and with a velcro application it would be out of sight but still be accessable if something weird happens. Some members said that their cars came with a black container that hooks onto the back of the seat with velcro, and I thought it was a good idea and it would be even better made out of neoprene.
My car came with the first aid kit with velcro that attaches to any of the trunk walls. In addition, the leather manual book (with pen and all) came inside a larger zippered leather pouch that also has velcro and sticks to any of the trunk walls. So my manual is in my trunk. Your car didnt come with this?

Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
OK, I pulled the trigger for production start on the neoprene version. I should have 100 in about 2 weeks. 50 of them will be black and printed with white icons where the buttons are located. The other 50 will be plain black with no icons.

I'll see how they sell before I have more made.
Can you post pics of both the printed and non-printed version so I can figure out which one I want.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:24 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
Can you post pics of both the printed and non-printed version so I can figure out which one I want.
Of course. They should be here in a 2-3 weeks.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:52 AM
My car came with the first aid kit with velcro that attaches to any of the trunk walls. In addition, the leather manual book (with pen and all) came inside a larger zippered leather pouch that also has velcro and sticks to any of the trunk walls. So my manual is in my trunk. Your car didnt come with this?
Nope to both. The manual only came with an infiniti leather folder and a touch up pen

Old 01-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Of course. They should be here in a 2-3 weeks.
That looks great, I would love a few of those when they come in for both mine and my wifes keys.

BTW - GREAT move not doing silicone. One of my biggest pet peeves about the cover they sold me for my new ipod is while its a nice cover, it vacuums up dust like crazy and is impossible and a pain in the neck to keep cleaning off.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:59 PM
pmf
Are you guys sure that manual holder is leather? If that's the case I'll have to take it up to my dealer to get me another one made of REAL leather. Btw, I also have the bigger vinyl zippered pouch with the key hangers & outside velcro but my manual holder (with pen) is I believe HQ vinyl. May be that's why we didn't get the real leather one like others did.

Terrycs, you can count me in for 2 of them black ones for I've been searching FleaBay since I saw those remotes (even before I pick up the car) looking for anything in leather that will fit but no luck. Instead I found & got myself some nice KEY holders for BMW & Infiniti (check the link below for something I wish they have for my G). I suppose we can pay with PayPal or even CC? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...mZ300074907417

PF

Last edited by pmf; 01-27-2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: add info
Old 01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by pmf
Are you guys sure that manual holder is leather? If that's the case I'll have to take it up to my dealer to get me another one made of REAL leather. Btw, I also have the bigger vinyl zippered pouch with the key hangers & outside velcro but my manual holder (with pen) is I believe HQ vinyl. May be that's why we didn't get the real leather one like others did.
PF: You're probably right that it's vinyl and not leather. I made a quick assumption.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Nope to both. The manual only came with an infiniti leather folder and a touch up pen
This is a little rough (took the pics w/ my phone just now)...but this is what I got.

First Aid Kit (Front & Velcro Back)

Open Owner's Manual Folder with Pen, Registration & Card Slots

Closed Owner's Manual Folder, Quick Reference Guide

Infiniti Maintenance Guide

Owner's Information Pouch (Open & Empty)

Owner's Information Pouch (with Owner's Manual Folder, Quick Reference Guide, and Infiniti Maintenance Guide)

Owner's Information Pouch (Closed Front & Back)

First Aid Kit & Owner's Information Pouch velcroed into my Trunk

Sorry...didnt mean to hijack the thread...just tryin to help someone out.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:06 PM
This is all I got, it is real leather though:

Attached Thumbnails key remote cover?-picture-005.jpg   key remote cover?-picture-006.jpg   key remote cover?-picture-007.jpg  
Old 01-27-2007, 03:22 PM
pmf
That's probably the difference b/w Canadian & US versions. I much prefer the leather holder then the 2 cheap vinyl pouches.

Any of our Canadian G owners wanna swap?

PF

Old 01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Hmmm... mine didn't come with a touch up pen. Did others who bought their car in the U.S. get a touch up pen?

Old 01-27-2007, 08:13 PM
No touch up pen here, but I did get two keychains

Old 01-28-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
No touch up pen here, but I did get two keychains
same here

Old 01-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Waxer
Same here....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: key remote cover?