G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

How well was your new 2007 car prepped ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How well was your new 2007 car prepped ?

When my car was off-loaded from the truck, it still had all the protective wrapping on inside and out.
The dealer said it would need at least 4+ hours to get it prepped and ready. So I told them no rush and gave them all day to get it ready.
When I picked the car up in the evening, it looked nice as all new cars usually do.
When I got it home and had some time with it, I realized just how nice a detailing job they did. The paint finish is totally smooth and well waxed. I mean it's about what I would get from claying and a full day of Zaino. Even now almost 3 weeks later and it still impresses.
Is this a standard with Infiniti, or did my dealer just do a good job.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Bad Toro
Not sure about the level of detailing, but when I picked up my coupe back in 04' it was impeccable. Usually prepped cars receive a full wax job after the tape is removed. They have to clay and wax it, or else there will be plenty of glue residue from the plastics. My wife's MB dealer did a $hitty job on her ML350, removing those residues, and I had to spend half of a Saturday to clay and wax it.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:42 AM
the detailers did a fantastic job and took just about the whole time while I did all the paperwork.

I'm buying my wash supplies today. Probably get it waxed by a friend that details for a living every 6 months.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
They did a great job on mine; the paint was completely smooth (I don't think they clayed it though, since I switched cars at the last minute they didn't have time).

Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Mine was cleaned, still had some plastic inside and whatnot. I beat the car to the lot though... and it was after closing time. No big deal though, I got a killer deal on it, so I will deal with it.

That is GREAT that yours were so nice when you picked them up!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 11:00 AM
They did a good job with mine and they did take a good 2 hours once I got to the dealership, and they had already started prep before I got there.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by CarNutz
When my car was off-loaded from the truck, it still had all the protective wrapping on inside and out.
The dealer said it would need at least 4+ hours to get it prepped and ready. So I told them no rush and gave them all day to get it ready.
When I picked the car up in the evening, it looked nice as all new cars usually do.
When I got it home and had some time with it, I realized just how nice a detailing job they did. The paint finish is totally smooth and well waxed. I mean it's about what I would get from claying and a full day of Zaino. Even now almost 3 weeks later and it still impresses.
Is this a standard with Infiniti, or did my dealer just do a good job.
I bought my car on a Sunday night. That was a mistake. The car needed to be washed twice. And there wet marks all over the interior. Most of the crew was gone, so I had to come back to get a few details taken care of. The car still looked great when I got it, but I had to go back to the dealer...

Old 02-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Mine "looked" clean but the paint is in serious need of the clay! I can't wait to really give it a good cleaning as soon as I get some break in the weather.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by herschelg123
I bought my car on a Sunday night. That was a mistake. The car needed to be washed twice. And there wet marks all over the interior. Most of the crew was gone, so I had to come back to get a few details taken care of. The car still looked great when I got it, but I had to go back to the dealer...
Sunday is a tough day to get things done right.
I bought mine on a Tuesday at the end of the month. The place was slow and I got the full attention of everyone as they were trying to get another car sold for the month end reports.
I only go for test drives on week ends and to purchase on a week day as close to month end as I can get.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Dealer did a fine job on prepping my Black 07 G35 for delivery, couldn't be happier

Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Same here - showroom detail job inside and out.
Extremely happy.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:52 PM
The folks over at Thousand Oaks Infiniti did a great job prepping my car. Once we agreed upon a price, they immediately started cleaning the car, inside and out. It took them a good two hours to clean, but I had my Sony PSP to keep me busy. Plus, the college football championship game was playing.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think "flawless delivery" is one of the infiniti's principles (just like guarantied loaner car is)

Old 02-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Interesting ... so how come there are so many horror stories about dealerships when they wash cars during service? Is it because no one ever says anything postive when the car wash is good and we always hear the bad?

Old 02-13-2007, 09:06 PM
afer i heard about bad wash job at Coleman in Rockvilel (which always did well by me) I told them and found out theat they had started to subcontract cor cleaning services and were having problems with the service

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How well was your new 2007 car prepped ?