G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Heated Seat Solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChristianN
150 degree sunlight doesn't count as heated seats, up here in the GWN my seats can be rock hard in the morning. My driver's seat functions exactly the same on high and low, and the passenger's seat high works only the back of the seat while low heats only the bottom of the seat.
We have the exact same problem on the passenger side. I took my car for service last week and they couldn't figure it out also. They said it's not the switch nor relay, wiring, etc ..... Although they said it's not the problem, they said that the heating element has to be replaced. They already put an order for this part and I'm just waiting for their call for an appointment.

Last edited by MY07G35SPN; 03-10-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sjharris
yep. that is exactly where i got mine. when did you get yours?
Feb 16th! ordered Oct 26th. Worked with Manny.

Heat directly comes from electricity, so there's only two points of failure... 1.) there's not enough electricity going to the heating grid, which means the wrong wire is connected, i.e. sending 4v instead of 12v. 2.) the grid it's self it damaged which means only 1/3 of the heating wires in the grid are getting hot, while 2/3rd are not getting electric.

From reading this thread and the others related to seat heaters, my 2cents is the following.

1.) People are expecting too much from their heaters. your not trying to bake bread on your commute, it's simply there to heat you to body temperature, so ultimately you shouldn't really feel any heat at all, just the feeling of comfort. but there are a lot of heaters out there that are actually hot... but why I ask do you want a sweaty crack? Mine are definitely working but work to a comfort level and not make you sweat or turn them off. Also heavy Jeans or sweatpants will insulate the heat so you'll feel even less.

2.) It's not sending enough electricity, either wired incorrectly or just not set high enough. but I don't think they intended the heaters to "light yo' azz up"

Last edited by kring; 03-05-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Did anyone look in the service manual for a spec or test procedure the service dept can test to? If there isn't one, the heating capability of the seat will be too subjective and there is nothing they can do. It would probably be a customer satisfaction issue that has to get escalated.
i know for me my driver's seat does not have any heat at all and the passenger has only a bit of heat (and only from the back part of the seat)

Old 03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by kring

Heat directly comes from electricity, so there's only two points of failure... 1.) there's not enough electricity going to the heating grid, which means the wrong wire is connected, i.e. sending 4v instead of 12v. 2.) the grid it's self it damaged which means only 1/3 of the heating wires in the grid are getting hot, while 2/3rd are not getting electric.

From reading this thread and the others related to seat heaters, my 2cents is the following.

1.) People are expecting too much from their heaters. your not trying to bake bread on your commute, it's simply there to heat you to body temperature, so ultimately you shouldn't really feel any heat at all, just the feeling of comfort. but there are a lot of heaters out there that are actually hot... but why I ask do you want a sweaty crack? Mine are definitely working but work to a comfort level and not make you sweat or turn them off. Also heavy Jeans or sweatpants will insulate the heat so you'll feel even less.

2.) It's not sending enough electricity, either wired incorrectly or just not set high enough. but I don't think they intended the heaters to "light yo' azz up"
i worked with manny too. i ordering mine on November 25th and picked it up on December 22nd just before close. I see you got the Sport though. I got the AWD. My heat doens't work at all though and Infiniti has recognized that. I hope to get it resolved soon. Oh well, we will see.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The seat heaters are definitely poor on this car. I had a 2000 323ci and 2004 330 M-Sport BMW with heaters you could feel within seconds of activation even on the coldest days. The seats on the G35 take ages to heat and it seems to make no difference whether set to high or low.

No, I'm not trying to bake bread on them...

Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM

I'm one of those guys that are NOT expecting too much from the heated seats. I just want them to function properly as they were originally intended to be. The driver side seat of my car works perfectly. It just gives my ***** enough warmth during my early morning drive. But the thing that I'm complaing about is the passenger seat. When it's swtiched to high, only lower back part of the seat works and the bottom part doesn't. Now when it's switched to low, only the bottom part works and the lower back part doesn't. How do you explain this? Can we hear your opinion on this. Thanks.

Last edited by MY07G35SPN; 03-05-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:35 PM

"expecting to much from their heaters"? Try getting in a Ford Expedition with heated seats. They'll light your rear end on fire. The point of heated seats is not to run them 24/7. You use them until the inside of the car warms up at which point you don't need them anymore. The theory is that the seat heaters will heat up long before the inside of the car does. If they seat heaters don't heat up until after the interior of the car has already warmed up from the car heater then the seat heaters are pointless.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Is this forum becoming like the Prius forum where any slight suggestion the car is not right gets a very sharp response similar to some of those in this thread.

Add my car to the list. The base of the passenger seat gives of no heat, the back of the passenger seat does. My drivers seat takes 20 minutes before I feel it compared to my girlfriends Volvo S40 which take less than 3 minutes.

This is my first car with leather and I hate it. It is frigging cold to sit on in the morning and my poor girlfriend as to suffer even more.

Nissan, what's your dedicate 300 personal feedback team doing about this?

At the moment, I cannot recommend a car with this fault and no solution. I think they have had plenty of time to find a solution for this.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Zapple
Is this forum becoming like the Prius forum where any slight suggestion the car is not right gets a very sharp response similar to some of those in this thread.

Add my car to the list. The base of the passenger seat gives of no heat, the back of the passenger seat does. My drivers seat takes 20 minutes before I feel it compared to my girlfriends Volvo S40 which take less than 3 minutes.

This is my first car with leather and I hate it. It is frigging cold to sit on in the morning and my poor girlfriend as to suffer even more.

Nissan, what's your dedicate 300 personal feedback team doing about this?

At the moment, I cannot recommend a car with this fault and no solution. I think they have had plenty of time to find a solution for this.
The trouble is that Nissan will not admit there is something wrong with the seat heaters, so not 1 of their feedback team is doing anything to fix it. They said the same thing people are saying in this thread, lower your expectations or you will be disappointed.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't have a big problem if the heated seats were only slow to heat up. The biggest problem I have is that my passenger side seat clearly does not work properly. Like a lot of people have said, either just the seat back or just the seat bottom works depending on the position of the switch. In the case of the passenger seat, it's not a matter of lowering one's expectations because it clearly does not work. Shoot, my digital laser thermometer objectively proves that the heater doesn't work.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by sjharris
i know for me my driver's seat does not have any heat at all and the passenger has only a bit of heat (and only from the back part of the seat)

exactly the same in mine

Old 03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Hyatt Infiniti dismissed that theory quicker than I could get it out of my mouth.

I didn't know Hyatt had an Infiniti dealership. If you're a Gold Passport member, you probably get 3 free hotel nights with every new car purchase!

M seat heaters aren't working well either.

Driver's seat seem the same amount of heat in either low or high. The passenger seat has only bottom heat with high setting and only back heat with low setting.

I hope they come up with a TSB or recall soon to fix it. At least I have a 7 yr extended warranty, but I hope it doesn't take them that long to come up with a fix.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Drivers heated seat is just fine. My passenger heated seat works, sort of! When switched to low the seat bottom gets warm the seat back is ice cold. Switched to high on a cold day and the seat bottom stays ice cold and the back get blazing hot. It's a wiring issue. My test proves both grids will heat, just not at the same time. They replaced my switch and it did nothing to improve the problem. My dealer says there is no fix on the horizon.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah not looking good.. this was after I sent him the link to this thread.

Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 1:18 PM

Subject: RE: Info on the 2007 G35.. Heated seats not working

Hey George… I have not heard a word re: this issue and there are no service bulletins currently. I asked my District Parts & Service Manager if he had heard of this issue with any of his other dealers in the district or region and he looked at me kinda funny. He has not heard of this issue but we will gladly check it out for you

Last edited by gpalber1; 03-05-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by Railgunner
. If the seat heaters don't heat up until after the interior of the car has already warmed up from the car heater then the seat heaters are pointless.
precisely.

I say...let em heat up FAST, and HOT, I can turn them off/down if need be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Solution