G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Heated Seat Solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:29 AM
Z2G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm sure that sooner or later, this will be fixed. If not as a corporate order/recall, then as a class action lawsuit. As ppl mentioned, if the seats are not working properly, then Nissan/Infiniti is obligated to fix it.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by G35MD
I didn't know Hyatt had an Infiniti dealership. If you're a Gold Passport member, you probably get 3 free hotel nights with every new car purchase!

M seat heaters aren't working well either.

Driver's seat seem the same amount of heat in either low or high. The passenger seat has only bottom heat with high setting and only back heat with low setting.

I hope they come up with a TSB or recall soon to fix it. At least I have a 7 yr extended warranty, but I hope it doesn't take them that long to come up with a fix.
how much was your 7 year extended warranty and what does it cover exactly? i am thinking about getting it (assuming that i can still purchase it after i drove the car off the lot).

Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by sjharris
how much was your 7 year extended warranty and what does it cover exactly? i am thinking about getting it (assuming that i can still purchase it after i drove the car off the lot).
See https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/143345-extended-warranty.html

Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
OK guys, here is an update on this issue:

The service bulletin is not published yet, but Infiniti is aware of the problem and has it fixed. Look for it to be released very soon. Their solution seems to be some new wiring harness pigtails that plug in between the modules and corrects the problem. Apparently, I'm going to be the first one in the country to get the fix!

Special thanks to my service adviser Matt Gray at Suburban Infiniti! VEry awesome service. He went above and beyond to confirm the issue, contact the regional manager, and arranged get the parts special delivered before the bulletin was released. He has the parts in hand, and my car goes in Monday morning to get the fix. So, it is a real problem, Infiniti knows about it, and they have a solution now.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ great stuff... that's going to bring a few smiles

Old 03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Mikepro.
We will be waiting for your update.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by mikepro

The service bulletin is not published yet, but Infiniti is aware of the problem and has it fixed. Look for it to be released very soon. Their solution seems to be some new wiring harness pigtails that plug in between the modules and corrects the problem. Apparently, I'm going to be the first one in the country to get the fix!

Special thanks to my service adviser Matt Gray at Suburban Infiniti! VEry awesome service. He went above and beyond to confirm the issue, contact the regional manager, and arranged get the parts special delivered before the bulletin was released. He has the parts in hand, and my car goes in Monday morning to get the fix. So, it is a real problem, Infiniti knows about it, and they have a solution now.

thanks dude i wish i had a parts person like that..the lady i have to deal with is like 21 and doesnt know anything.... but she still really hot so i dont mind going in to get serviced..

Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally!! A postitive response, thanks Mike!

Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Z2G
Just like I thought! There's no way that Infiniti would have done nothing. Properly functioning heated seats is what we paid for and are obligated to get. If there was no fix, then it would have only looked bad for Infiniti because word would get out.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Excellent...now to get my service manager on this and have him let me know when he has the parts.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
thanks dude i wish i had a parts person like that..the lady i have to deal with is like 21 and doesnt know anything.... but she still really hot so i dont mind going in to get serviced..
WOW... you get serviced?

Old 03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
i just contacted my service guy, i will let you know what happens

Old 03-07-2007, 04:38 PM

Will the solution fix 1) the heated seats not heating up as QUICK nor as HOT as we would like AND 2) the problem of the passenger side heating up only the seat bottom or only seat back?

Old 03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
i hope it fixes both for me!

Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I think it is supposed to fix both problems. Again, I'm getting it done Monday, so I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully being the guinea pig for this will pay off!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Solution