G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

S.O.W. Settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.O.W. Settings

I have been tinkering with my settings to see which is the best. I usually have the fade one notch to the rear, bass at even, and the treble either one or two notches up...does anyone else in here change it depending on the type of music? I listen to most of my music off my IPOD via the RCA cables but the quality isn't that great. Ive used 3 different kinds of RCA and they all have their weaknesses. Too me the SOW is definetly alot better than a factory radio but im a little disapointed with the limitations BOSE set on it.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
I have been tinkering with my settings to see which is the best. I usually have the fade one notch to the rear, bass at even, and the treble either one or two notches up...does anyone else in here change it depending on the type of music? I listen to most of my music off my IPOD via the RCA cables but the quality isn't that great. Ive used 3 different kinds of RCA and they all have their weaknesses. Too me the SOW is definetly alot better than a factory radio but im a little disapointed with the limitations BOSE set on it.
Bose had little to nothing to do with the limitations, the head unit was built for Infiniti by Clarion if I'm not mistaken. Bose designed the speakers, amps and the layout of the speakers in the cabin.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Bad Toro
My bass and treble are cranked all the way up. Fade and Balance are centered.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I have a one bar bias to the rear speakers as well. This seemed to help with what I felt was a lack of bass response (I am a bass player so I have to hear and feel the bass...). I am very happy with the sound of the SOW system now.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
My bass and treble are cranked all the way up. Fade and Balance are centered.

dammmmmmmmmm how does that sound? im gonna try it out when i leave work

Old 04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Bad Toro
dammmmmmmmmm how does that sound? im gonna try it out when i leave work
Sounds good to me.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the fade two bars forward, well... because that's where I sit I'll try it a few clicks back and see what difference that makes. I never thought to try that... <duh>

Balance is center

Bass- 2 clicks above middle for daily news and general driving, max when I'm doing my Mad Max routine.

Treble is max.

Another interesting question: What style of music do you all listen to on your SOW?

Everything in my car now: Finger Eleven, Godsmack, Velvet Revolver, Godsmack, Tool, Godsmack, and some more Godsmack

When I want to cruise it's Fiddy Cent...

Trending Topics

Old 04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
The stock Bose controls are crap IMO. I keep my signal flat and neutral as I don't trust the treble/bass circuitry to do the job properly. Looking into an external processor and a new HU to replace my Blose unit. The biggest gripe is the stock amp which is too weak to drive the rear deck 9x6s properly and pushes boomy bass instead of crisp and punchy bass. Then again, perhaps it's also because of the crap paper speakers made in Mexico that Infiniti puts in. I'm expecting big improvements with the '08 coupe.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by shibal_z
...I'm expecting big improvements with the '08 coupe.
Why would you expect something different? From what I've read, The BOSE setup will be very similar in the coupe.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Good luck expecting big improvements in the coupe, lol.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:24 AM
i have my settings at +2 bass and +4 treble front rear all neutral, sounds great for me enough bass with crisp treble

Old 04-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Bass and treble are +2, Fade is centered (I tried fade to the rear, didn't feel any extra bass...?).

This is listening to anything from Eminem to Pink Floyd.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Bass and treble are +2, Fade is centered (I tried fade to the rear, didn't feel any extra bass...?).

This is listening to anything from Eminem to Pink Floyd.
thats just about my music genre range too!!

Last edited by UltimateGee27; 04-04-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by shibal_z
Then again, perhaps it's also because of the crap paper speakers made in Mexico that Infiniti puts in. I'm expecting big improvements with the '08 coupe.
Why do you think the coupe stereo will be any different? Cause you are getting one?
Paper cones are more accurate and less colored sounding than poly material. They can also last just as long when treated properly.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Flat and centered all around. I'd prefer it if the SOW had a DIRECT setting to bypass the TCs...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S.O.W. Settings