G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

A different "key thing" happened to my FX Saturday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A different "key thing" happened to my FX Saturday

Visiting my inlaws in NJ this weekend, pulled in @ midnight in my 06 FX35. Key was in the cupholder where it always is and nowhere near a phone. Get out of the car, close the doors, say hello and go back to get our bags. Car is locked. I didnt lock it so somehow the car locked itself. Wouldnt respond to anything, wouldnt open the doors and all doors are locked. I could see the fob sitting there in the cupholder. How could it lock itself with the keys in it?

Good part of the story - called Infiniti Roadside Assistance around 1 am. It took them 5 minutes to take our info and we said look, no need to come tonight, we will call you tomorrow morning. So we called in the morning and in a half hour the locksmith was there. I kid you not it took him less than 30 seconds to get in the car. Pried the drivers side door open a crack at the top of the window, inserted a blood pressure looking cuff, blew it up to pry the door open an inch or so, quickly inserted the bar and popped the lock.

So as the alarm starts blaring and I think holy hell, how am I going to shut this off if the fob is dead. I reach in and grab the fob and it works fine. It shuts off the alarm, it unlocks and locks the doors, it reacts as it normally should.

So WTF? The fob just knocked itself out for a night but as soon as we opened the door and the alarm started going off it "woke up"? I have no idea what the hell happened but 5 stars for Infiniti Roadside Assistance though!

Old 05-27-2007, 04:35 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
Visiting my inlaws in NJ this weekend, pulled in @ midnight in my 06 FX35. Key was in the cupholder where it always is and nowhere near a phone. Get out of the car, close the doors, say hello and go back to get our bags. Car is locked. I didnt lock it so somehow the car locked itself. Wouldnt respond to anything, wouldnt open the doors and all doors are locked. I could see the fob sitting there in the cupholder. How could it lock itself with the keys in it?

Good part of the story - called Infiniti Roadside Assistance around 1 am. It took them 5 minutes to take our info and we said look, no need to come tonight, we will call you tomorrow morning. So we called in the morning and in a half hour the locksmith was there. I kid you not it took him less than 30 seconds to get in the car. Pried the drivers side door open a crack at the top of the window, inserted a blood pressure looking cuff, blew it up to pry the door open an inch or so, quickly inserted the bar and popped the lock.

So as the alarm starts blaring and I think holy hell, how am I going to shut this off if the fob is dead. I reach in and grab the fob and it works fine. It shuts off the alarm, it unlocks and locks the doors, it reacts as it normally should.

So WTF? The fob just knocked itself out for a night but as soon as we opened the door and the alarm started going off it "woke up"? I have no idea what the hell happened but 5 stars for Infiniti Roadside Assistance though!
Wow, wth?!?! I've left the key fob in the cupholder several times and I've always been afraid that something like that would happen. Now, I see it possible even if it is unlikely. Well, at least you got the issue resolved without too much, well...issue.

Last edited by N50; 05-28-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:11 PM
my cousin that i sold his fx to called me about a month ago and said guess what you know how we said its impossible to lock the key in the car, well i just did lol. He didnt know how it happened but luckily it was in front of his house and he had the spare.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:56 AM
hey by any chance do you have problems with your keyfob on the fx not starting unless you put the key in??? I have a 06 fx35 and a 07 g35 i have a problem with my 06 fx though.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Have never had a single issue with the FX before this weekend. Should note for the rest of the weekend the keyfob performed as it should as if nothing had every happened.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:50 PM
the fob wasn't "asleep" all night... the car wasn't unlocking because the fob was inside the car... that's a safety thing. so it was functioning correctly THEN.

however, the car should not have locked itself via the fob.

Assuming nothing is wrong with the car, the only way i can see that this happened is you probably hit the door lock button on the door (not the fob) as you were hopping out of the car.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife's Touraeg did the same thing. She left the key in car in her purse (as she has push button starting), walked to the trunk to unlock it...realized she didn't have the key on her for the trunk sensor, went back to the door and voila...Doors were locked!

Unfortunately, took VW over 2 hours to get someone to unlock it. But what the heck is going on with technology?? When it works 99.9% of the time, it is fantastic...but when something goes wrong that definitely shouldn't...it sucks!

Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 PM
I guess **** happens ^^^^