G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, i was going to start a thread myself about the climate control but was beaten to it.

I too find that on a hot day, say 90deg, I have to keep adjusting the controls.
I start at 68 and then move to 72 then its up to 78 just to get the fan to go to low mode.

I was wondering myself if something needs to be calibrated? If anyone gets info from a dealer on this, please pass it on... I agree that the A/C definitely pumps out cold air (much colder than my M3 did) but the constant adjusting is very annoying. Sort of defeats the whole climate control system....

R

Old 06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sunmind
Our temperatures have been in the 90's for a month and may hit close to 120 like last year... I am glad to have the efficient G35 a/c
+1 I agree that the G's A/C needs to be adjusted, and it would be better to set a temp and go. But when I crawl back out to it at lunch, hot as hell after a workout, and the car has been sitting in 95 degree heat - the A/C works for me!

Old 06-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
+1 I agree that the G's A/C needs to be adjusted, and it would be better to set a temp and go. But when I crawl back out to it at lunch, hot as hell after a workout, and the car has been sitting in 95 degree heat - the A/C works for me!
I agree that good, strong AC is a great thing - the issue is that after the car has cooled, the system keeps blowing cold air far more than is needed.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by treacherous
I find my G's A/C to be the coldest in any car I have ever owned. I like it!
i agree with that one totally I have no complaints

Old 06-11-2007, 02:07 PM
at first when i had the G brand new back in november i thought the climate control was whack at a certain temp say 75 somtimes you get hot and sometimes you get cold depending on surrounding temps. To me this is counter intuitive if you never had auto climate before ie say in a toyota highlander if the round temp dial is in the blue you will never get hot air ever. The sometimes cold sometimes hot climate control did bother me quite a bit in the beginning...but now after several months ive found that if i leave it on auto at 75 most of the time it does what i want and for the times it doesnt if adjust the fan speed that will make it more cold or less cold, still not the greatest but im at least used to it. I prefer if it would work that i Always want cold air put out cold air and if i want hot air ill turn up the dial but alas the climate has a mind of its own for better or worse.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:25 PM
i've realized that 70-72 in the house is more like 74-75 in the car. 72 or lower in the G and it is chilly! But at 74, it's perfect. The car cools fast from heat, and seems to balance nicely there for me. of course, that's when I use it. My windows are usually down or cracked

Old 06-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to think that the climate control system is calibrated too high, or is it too low.

It was showing 94deg outside on the G's temp display today, and I was able to set the temp to Auto 80degs and it was keeping me perfectly cool with fan speed 3. The higher you tune the temp, the lower the fan speed.

I wouldn't say the climate control is "not very good" as original poster stated, but that it just needs some calibration and adjustment. I wonder if there will be a TSB for this if people start to and continue to complain about this issue.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
77 is good enough for me.

If it's any lower (72~75), it gets freezing!

And FYI, I live in Lancaster... I think today was 101.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
The system is plenty strong enough, but clearly inaccurate.

I have the same problem here. If I set mine at 73, it is waaaayyy too cold, that feels like 67.

It shouldn't be that far off, there should be a simple computer adjustment.

While its not a huge deal, it is unacceptable and should be properly calibrated.

Otherwise, what is the point of having a digital climate control if it is highly inaccurate and requires constant adjustment?

Old 07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
I usually set mines on manual....I'm never happy with auto mode

Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
Temperature Setting Trimmer
The trimmer compensates for differences in range of ±3°C (±6°F) between temperature setting (displayed digitally) and temperature felt by customer.

1. Turn ignition switch ON.
2. Set in self-diagnosis mode as follows. Within 10 seconds after starting engine (ignition switch is turned ON.), press climate control OFF switch for at least 5 seconds.
3. Press fan (UP: +) switch to set system in auxiliary mode.
3. Display shows “61” in auxiliary mechanism. It takes approximately 3 seconds to enable setting operation.
4. Turn temperature control dial (driver side) as desired. Temperature will change at a rate of 0.5°C (1.0°F) each time a dial is turned.

This was taken from SM pages HAC-10 & HAC-44
You are my hero

So in plain english, if my climate control is currently too cold (in other words, when it is set at 75 it feels more like 70), I need to turn temperature UP by this procedure?

It seems like most of us here are having the problem of the actual temperature being too lower as compared to the setting.

What is this going to do to heat settings?

It is too warm now, but if I set my heat to 72 right now, would it be heating to 78? Is that how this function is working?

Last edited by tagheuer; 07-02-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:19 PM
I find it gets cold really fast and then starts warming up to the point where I need to turn it down.

For instance, when I start the car I'll have it at 78 and it'll get really cold pretty quick, then I start getting uncomfortably warm and have to set it at 76.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Someone finally rode in the back today and complained about the lack of rear vents. I was I bit surprised that there were'nt any back there.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
no problems here.It's a upgrade for me coming from 03 coupe.My vents line up better for me because i'm tall and blow really cold air.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Trech,

I can't get your instructions to work.

Pushing "off" puts the system in diagnostic mode, but then I'm lost after that.

The problem I want to fix is when I set the a/c to 72, it feels more like 66, so...

could you post the idiot's guide to how to fix this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Climate Control