G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, thanks Treach. But, it seems like all that this would really do is the same thing as just setting the temp setpoint 4 degrees higher? Sort of like a psychological fix. I want the temp to be the same, but less airflow based on the solar load reading. Maybe I just need to cover up that sensor, as it seems to work pretty good when it is cloudy. Although, in winter, I did find that my feet tended to get hot on trips, and I would have to slowly lower the temp setting. Maybe adjusting some of that air flow distribution would help that, but I didn't really understand the chart. Seems like it's already on the lowest foot setting...

Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
I'll look around and see if there is any tweaking of the sunload sensor itself. I don't think there is though.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:48 PM
G35x
To confirm sunload sensor is working correctly:

1. Place vehicle in direct sunlight or a light greater than 60W over sunload sensor.
2. Turn ignition to ON position.
3. After Infiniti splash screen disappears hold Climate OFF button for about 4 seconds or until you see the word OUTSIDE in upper right corner of screen.
5. Rotate driver temp **** clockwise until you see the number 2 in upper right corner of screen. If you just see #2 then sensor is working. If 25 shows up while in direct sunlight or under 60W+ bulb then sensor is defective. You may also see 25 if running this test in a dark garage without the extra lighting.

Here is some more sunload sensor info:

Blower Speed Compensation

When the in-vehicle temperature and the set temperature are very close, the blower will be operating at low speed. The low speed will vary depending on the sunload. During conditions of low or no sunload, the blower speed is at duty ratio 25%. During high sunload conditions, the unified meter and A/C amp. raise the blowerspeed (duty ratio 49%).

SUNLOAD INPUT PROCESS
The unified meter and A/C amp. also includes a processing circuit which averages the variations in detected sunload over a period of time. This prevents drastic swings in the ATC system operation due to small or quick
variations in detected sunload. For example, consider driving along a road bordered by an occasional group of large trees. The sunload detected by the sunload sensor will vary whenever the trees obstruct the sunlight. The processing circuit averages the detected sunload over a period of time, so that the (insignificant) effect of the trees momentarily obstructing the sunlight does not cause any change in the ATC system operation. On the other hand, shortly after entering a long tunnel, the system will recognize the change in sunload, and the system will react accordingly.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Treacherous, tried your settings and they work great.

You are obviously too smart for your own good.

When I set mine at 72 now, it actually feels much closer to 72 (as opposed to 67)

Now, tell me which climate control button I need to push to activate the supercharger which would add 100bhp.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:41 PM
G35x
It doesn't change the Auto setting but mine was set at one bar. I reset to two bars which according to SM is the default setting. I went with the +5 temp setting and my temps seem more accurate in relation to the displayed temp. I also reset my Fresh/recirculation settings to full auto. It was set to just auto on Fresh.

Originally Posted by treacherous
You can also change the air/flow distribution in foot position.

Foot Position Setting Trimmer
Wind distribution ratio in FOOT mode can be set.

1. Turn ignition to ON position.
2. After Infiniti splash screen disappears hold Climate OFF button for about 5 seconds or until you see the word OUTSIDE in upper right corner of screen.
3. Rotate driver temp **** clockwise until you see the number 51 in upper right corner of screen.
4. Press the FAN + button once. You will now see 61 really quickly in upper right corner of screen. It will then change to "0"
5. Use the MODE button to change this setting. Refer to screenshot for airflow distributions.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:20 AM
It doesn't change the Auto setting but mine was set at one bar. I reset to two bars which according to SM is the default setting. I went with the +5 temp setting and my temps seem more accurate in relation to the displayed temp. I also reset my Fresh/recirculation settings to full auto. It was set to just auto on Fresh.
Hi treacherous, now that you've had some time with these changes I was hoping you could tell us if they have helped maintain a constant temperature any better? Mine blows cold but as many people stated in this thread when it's hot out I'm always having to adjust the auto-temp to keep a consistent temperature inside the car.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:57 AM
G35x
It's helped enough on my G that temp seems to reflect actual temp and I don't think about issue any more. :-)

Old 08-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Inlet port memory can also be set.

1. Turn ignition to ON position.
2. After Infiniti splash screen disappears hold Climate OFF button for about 5 seconds or until you see the word OUTSIDE in upper right corner of screen.
3. Rotate driver temp **** clockwise until you see the number 51 in upper right corner of screen.
4. Press the FAN + button once. You will now see 61 really quickly in upper right corner of screen. It will then change to "0"
5. Use the Fresh & Recirc buttons to change this setting. Refer to screenshot for settings.
Can someone pls explain what this inlet port memory is for??

Old 08-16-2007, 04:11 PM
G35x
This is the default setting for the recirc setting. I have mine set to default to external air every time car is turned on.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:50 PM
This is the default setting for the recirc setting. I have mine set to default to external air every time car is turned on.
Forgive my stupidity, but can you pls elaborate? I'm looking at the chart but still dunno what it's all about. I mean, for example what's the real world difference between "Fresh:Auto, Recirculate:Auto" and "Fresh:manual status is memorized; Recirculate:manual status is memorized"?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM
G35x
Actually...now that I look back on grid I believe I have the Full Auto setting configured.

Some or most of this is speculation since SM isn't exactly clear.

The only full manual Fresh/Recirc mode is line 2 in grid. In this mode I believe it will stay in selected mode until changed even after vehicle restarts. I think the only time an override would occur is when Defroster is selected and then it defaults to Fresh outside.

I also believe in any of the Auto modes that vehicle may change setting based on temp and speed. I know in some of the Volvos if you come to a stop in traffic it will switchover to recirc to prevent exhaust fumes from being sucked in. I haven't confirmed if this occurs on the G or not.

This will require some further testing.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Don't forget, if you hold down the fre/recirc button for a few seconds until it blinks, it's in auto mode according to the driver's manual. I wonder how that works with the inlet port memory function. Ehhh..on second thought, nevermind...I will probably be even more confused..haha...

Oh well, it doesn't bother me, so I guess I'll just leave it be.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:11 PM
G35x
I think that setting is probably the default on line one of the grid. I'll have more answers at some point.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I also believe in any of the Auto modes that vehicle may change setting based on temp and speed. I know in some of the Volvos if you come to a stop in traffic it will switchover to recirc to prevent exhaust fumes from being sucked in. I haven't confirmed if this occurs on the G or not.

This will require some further testing.
It would be cool if the G did this. One thing I miss that my Volvo S60 had was the Internal Air Quality system. It would automatically switch between recirc and fresh air to maximize performance and air quality. It had pollutant detectors so that if you got behind a stinky truck, it would automatically switch over to recirc, and go back to fresh air when the outside air was good. It was a subtle thing that was probably invisible to most people, because it just worked and worked well. I really miss that feature, especially when I'm behind a diesel truck!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:29 AM
I have the same issues, can anyone post what settings work best

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Climate Control