G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Dead pedal on sport models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead pedal on sport models

Does the Al dead pedal on the sport models stick out closer to the driver than the non-sport, or is it just a flat piece of metal stuck to the floorboard?

I would like to have a dead pedal that isn't so far away, for comfort. i find that i don't rest my foot on it at all.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
^ That's funny... I was wondering the same exact thing yesterday driving home from vacation. I just kinda have my left leg close to the seat but it would be nice to use that dead pedal to rest it on.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
i do the same as you. foor goes numb in that position but it's better than the dead pedal which is useless.

Infiniti could learn a lesson or two from Audi/VW in this dept. their dead pedals are actually functional!

so do you have a non-sport model?

Old 07-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Altersys
Does the Al dead pedal on the sport models stick out closer to the driver than the non-sport, or is it just a flat piece of metal stuck to the floorboard?

I would like to have a dead pedal that isn't so far away, for comfort. i find that i don't rest my foot on it at all.
No, the G35S is no better. I looked at moving the stock dead pedal closer to the driver with spacers, but then it would block access to the fuze panel.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 AM
RCK
The dead pedal on my G 35 Sedan 6MT is closer to the driver than the clutch. The dead pedal is not raised off the floor, but the floor well itself is raised under the dead pedal. It's quite comfortable.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:14 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
i like mine it works good for me

Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by bkrider
No, the G35S is no better. I looked at moving the stock dead pedal closer to the driver with spacers, but then it would block access to the fuze panel.
thanks... that was my concern. i'll have to come up with a custom solution then appreciate the info!

Old 08-04-2007, 03:48 AM
I used a solid aluminum box (called a "project box") from Radio Shack to stuck it to my car's original dead pedal which is flat on the floor on the auto Sports. Just did it temporarily to check the height and spacing and it all seems fine. My left foot no longer seems to be just hanging in space while I'm driving.

So now I will likely either bolt it the project box to the side panel (with the bottom still firmly pressing down on the original dead pedal), or drill and tap screws from UNDER and THROUGH the dead pedal up into the aluminum project box. The dead pedal is not really mounted to anything anyway, just attached to the carpet itself somehow.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:40 AM
i still havent done anything about this... been too busy with other projects. let me know how this works out if you do it all the way, and id love to see pics thanks

Old 08-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Finding a comfortable angle is all about where you have your seat adjusted and whether or not you pull the sport seat extension out.

I normally like my seat back all the way in most vehicles, but in the G if I power the seat forward about 6 to 8 inches the dead pedal is the perfect angle to rest my foot without getting an achilles strain.

And an added bonus: I seem to have a better press point for the accelerator as well.

Play around with the seating a bit (up/down...back/forward) and it may work for you...

Old 08-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Follow-up question: Is the dead pedal in a different spot in the MT than in the AT?

Old 08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
nope...

that will work with just one variable (the dead pedal) but add another (in an AT) and it's not so simplistic...

that's why some cars come with adjustable pedals. in my case, all i need is for the dead pedal to come out by a couple inches.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by G35S
Follow-up question: Is the dead pedal in a different spot in the MT than in the AT?
it's got the metal cover plate on it, but i dont think the floorpan is different on the cars. that would just cost too much from a design standpoint.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:42 PM
I see your point. Never thought of it from the MT perspective.

The action of engaging the clutch repeatedly would require a more "fine-tuned" placement of the dead pedal because you would be on and off it more often.

I just rest mine there when I get in and hit the gas...

Old 08-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i use the dead pedal when i take turns, otherwise it's bent close to the seat...i'm a shorter individual though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dead pedal on sport models