G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Lets do a count of who has had what problems on their G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree i used to go to Lexus all the time for service on a GX470 and RX330 and they went the extra mile to make sure i was satisfied thanx Amy haha

Old 07-15-2007, 11:30 PM
not even off the lot yet and the right sunroof finisher falls off!! lol, other than that the car is so gorgeous, gonna go in the morning and make an appt for my free tint and while there at it to fix the sunroof...awesome car !

Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by boostnmuscle
not even off the lot yet and the right sunroof finisher falls off!! lol, other than that the car is so gorgeous, gonna go in the morning and make an appt for my free tint and while there at it to fix the sunroof...awesome car !
Free tint. Nice. I wish I could have swung that.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:40 PM
-my Grill Has A Million Chips In It
-Voice control rarely gets commands correct and can't dial 7 digit phone numbers
-SOMETIMES, i have a hard time on the shift button for the automatic
-rattling (minor issue)

i hear that if you car is manufactured befure 1/07 or being one of the ones out first, you're most likely to have more problems, i just found out that my car is maufactured on 10/06... and i just got it a month ago!!! =(

im a noob.. so yea don't mind me! hehe

Last edited by jamjamz; 07-16-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 PM
heated seat problem.
Rattle in rear deck speaker grill
grill chips
Bucking/cutting back when pulling off slowly when car is cold after driving about a mile. Once car gets fully warmed up problem goes away. This one I fear is bad. Debating on trying to get it fixed or just trading it this fall when it's warm.
sunroof leaks a small amount of water with heavy rain

Old 07-31-2007, 10:41 AM
**update**

Ok let me begin off the top of the list of items my G has encountered:

-HEATED SEAT PROBLEMS
-SUNROOF FINISHER FELL OFF
-WIND NOISE COMING FROM DRIVER WINDOW (HAS INCREASED)
-RATTLE SOUND COMING FROM PASSENGER SEATBELT AREA(THIS HAS GONE AWAY)
-ONCE IN A WHILE I GET THE DASH RATTLE (THIS HAS INCREASED )
-KEY FOB PROBLEM HAPPENED TWICE
-MY GRILL HAS A MILLION CHIPS IN IT

Old 07-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This thread sounds very similar to the ones I read about the 03 sedan. Nissan does drag it's feet with issues. I will admit though that the 06 sedan has about 75% of the original issues resolved. I'm careful to say not 100% because some of the original problems from the first year are still evident on the 06. Let's hope they do a better job with the 07 sedan.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by bocatrip
This thread sounds very similar to the ones I read about the 03 sedan. Nissan does drag it's feet with issues. I will admit though that the 06 sedan has about 75% of the original issues resolved. I'm careful to say not 100% because some of the original problems from the first year are still evident on the 06. Let's hope they do a better job with the 07 sedan.
All cars are going to have problems. Most of the people that are members here are people that may have had problems. I know I only signed up to get information when there was something weird going on with my heated seats (I do really like the forum now though). So if I had never had a problem I wouldn't have searched out this forum.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Let me say that I love my car despite my issues, and once the dealer fixes them, I will be even happier.

My issues:
- Weatherstripping on driverside rear door.
- Rattle under passenger front seat (definitely under the seat)
- Trunk lid won't close (happens about 1/2 of the time).

The trunk lid is the most annoying. First time it happened was in a torrential downpour, fortunately my car was in a parking garage, but I was pissed, because I had to leave and didn't want to have my trunk flooded.

I tried to close it about 10 times and it popped back up everytime. Tried pressing the request button. No luck. Tried the key fob release. No luck. Finally, the trunk release inside the car. And it worked and works everytime.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:35 PM
sunroof edge finisher falls off constantly!! Allready fixed thats about it!!!

Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 PM
The wind noise problem really bugs me. I've had it in the dealer twice. The first time, they replaced the door trim and window run and deemed the problem fixed - actually they had made it worse. The second time, they fixed the problems they had created and even improved the wind noise somewhat, but not completely - its even louder than before at highway speeds. Only fix I can find is lowering the window ever so slightly that the wind noise stops but the window is not actually open, which would be much noisier. I hope all my tweaking the window height doesn't break the window motor. Dealer told me there is no height adjustment on the new G windows, otherwise I would have asked them to adjust.

Lots of dash rattle on passenger side, just sounds like its coming from the center console.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Sunroof trim came off - Fixed at dealership (TSB)
Auto-Dimming mirror not dimming correctly. (Dealer checked it out and claims that it works... after playing with it for 10 minutes. Needs to be looked at again)

Knock on wood, but no wind noise or rattles yet (purchased 4/2/07 - 3800 miles) but when the climate control comes on and there's a quick change in temp, I hear a slight trickling noise coming from the center stack, almost like tiny pebbles pouring down inside.
It only happens for a second and the sound can be duplicated by pressing on the trim pieces, so I know the noise comes from the parts expanding/contracting from temp difference and doesn't hapen to often.

Still enjoying the car, novelty has NOT worn off, and I'd buy it again if I had it to do all over again.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I just got my '07 G35X about 2.5 weeks ago.

I drove off the lot and came home to show family and friends and when I opened the sunroof, the liner popped out.

I've also noticed an inconsistent rattle coming from the center of the dash console...but with the stereo on you can't hear it.

No wind noise from any of the doors...

This is an extremely helpful thread as I now am aware of what to expect should something happen (like if there is a TSB for a known issue, such as the sunroof liner)

Old 08-14-2007, 03:52 AM
A LITTLE DIFFERENT - BUT APPERANTLY COMMON... (Sedan)

1. Wiring loom to trunk shorting out (wires are notoriously to short), and shorting out. (AT) I put her in drive, and as I pass through reverse, the trunk pops. And only one reverse light is now working.

2. Clutch to AC compressor going. Must replace whole compressor?!?! (cha-ching! $$$$$)

3. Both "compression arms" in front suspension went and seized. Dealership = $1600 bill.

4. Wind noise/rattle from drivers window - I think there's a dealer fix manual on this one (very common).

5. Rattling from seatbelt extraction point on B pillar.

6. Bizznatches - falling in love with me at first sight... (whooooo-ah.)

Old 08-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow, thats crazy. My current car is a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix that I've had since I got my driver's license in high school. And at 160,000 miles the interior still doesn't rattle (although it looks like it was put together by Rubbermaid).

Despite reading this thread, I'm still going to be off to the Infiniti dealership on Saturday...hopefully picking up an 07 sport. Thankfully most of these issues are minor issues that can easily be fixed under warranty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lets do a count of who has had what problems on their G