G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah... I wish I could use the VPP deal. I don't work for an affiliate company. I am just playing the waiting game right now. I trying to pay no more than $200-$300 over invoice. Whoever got near that price or invoice, in the Houston area, let us know.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by bkuruvila
I don't think this sounds like a good deal right now. The auto dealer industry as a whole is in turnmoil right now and amazing deals can be found all over the country. I think you'll be able to negotiate to the $36,500 range. If there are multiple dealers in your area you can probably go below invoice on this car. I would recommend getting a price quote from one of the dealers on this site to bring to your dealer in Charlotte. Hope this is helpful.

For those interested in the my Charlotte area G35 saga , here is an update:

Since there are only two Infiniti dealers in the Charlotte area, I decided to take a ride to the one that I had a good feeling about and test drive the sport model. I decided against it because the ride and seats were a little stiff for me (not harsh by any means - just a little stiff), and decided to go with:
G35 (Lakeshore Slate)
Nav
Prem
Tech
Sport wheel pkg
trunk mat
cargo net
wheel locks.

I negotiated down to 37K which was a fair offer according to Edmunds (Acutally about $870 less than what others in the same area were paying). I could have probably gotten another $500 or so off, but it would have meant taking delivery of another quoted vehichle with a couple hundred miles on the car, or drive a couple hundred miles to get it, or pay for truck transport to me here in Charlotte (none of which really appealed to me). After I was done with the price negotiations, I wanted my payments to be a little lower than the 37K would allow, so the sales manager lowered the price to $36,420 which was my final price.

Overall, I was very impressed with the experience at the dealership, and was comfortable with what I paid.

If your are in the market in the Charlotte area, I would recommend Jeanette who was great to deal with and is willing to negotiate a fair price (maybe even better than my price). If anyone is interested in her contact info, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sese; 01-16-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by ToeKnee12
Chewy, Where are you from? I got quotes in Houston from 3 different dealers and most of them wanted $900 to $1000 over invoice. I am trying to get it at invoice or no more than $200 above invoice. BTW I'm not really rushing to get the car until I get it at the price I really want.
Try contacting Gunn Infiniti in San Antonio. When I was trying to find a Slate Blue/Graphite Sports package with Nav they had one that they priced at $35,900. They quoted that price via email, and called it their "one simple price" (no haggle price). It sounded like they assign the prices based on how long the car has been sitting on their lot, so if the combination you are looking for is one that they have on the lot I have a hunch you can get a decent price. You may be able to get them to quote you a price that you can then leverage with the local dealers. http://www.gunnauto.com/main/

Hope this helps... good luck!

Old 01-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Today I finally pulled the trigger on a 08 IP non-sport g35 with premium, splash guards, and cargo net. My company has a VPP w/ Nissan / Infinity so I did that deal. I had just over 2 months left on my 2005 IP G35, and was able to negotiate them into paying for my last 2 payments of that. I love the new car, kind of wanted sport, but I really hate buying tires, so does my wife. In the end it came within a few hundred within invoice.

My old one is sitting my my driveway, and it will be going away probably in the next week or so. The 05 was a great car, never had a single problem that required it to go back to the dealer. Hopefully the 08 will be just as good to me.

I definitely like the changes in the 07/08, love having an integrated IPOD. Yea the Bose stereo isn't the best stereo in the world, but it it 100% better than my non premium in the 05.

Hopefully she will be good to me and I'll have her for a long time, this time i bought her instead of leasing her.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Today I finally pulled the trigger on a 08 IP non-sport g35 with premium, splash guards, and cargo net. My company has a VPP w/ Nissan / Infinity so I did that deal. I had just over 2 months left on my 2005 IP G35, and was able to negotiate them into paying for my last 2 payments of that. I love the new car, kind of wanted sport, but I really hate buying tires, so does my wife. In the end it came within a few hundred within invoice.

My old one is sitting my my driveway, and it will be going away probably in the next week or so. The 05 was a great car, never had a single problem that required it to go back to the dealer. Hopefully the 08 will be just as good to me.

I definitely like the changes in the 07/08, love having an integrated IPOD. Yea the Bose stereo isn't the best stereo in the world, but it it 100% better than my non premium in the 05.

Hopefully she will be good to me and I'll have her for a long time, this time i bought her instead of leasing her.
welcome to the new body style club

Old 01-21-2008, 11:36 PM
received an e-mail quote from a local Infiniti dealership. just wondering how does this deal sound?

2007 G35 with wood trim package, premium, navigation, and tech package for $33,210 +TTL?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:04 AM
and when I go out and get a good meal at an expensive restaraunt I complain about the food even though it's good they usually comp one of the meals and then I don't tim the waiter or waitress wooo hoo I am good....

But when I go back they tend to look at me funny and give me bad service?
what's up with that?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Re:

Hi, new to the thread. I see people are getting pretty good prices, especially in California, where I'm from. What strategies do you use to negotiate your prices? Internet quotes, calling the dealers, Costco, etc? I've gone the Internet route and not gotten quotes this good.

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by victort
received an e-mail quote from a local Infiniti dealership. just wondering how does this deal sound?

2007 G35 with wood trim package, premium, navigation, and tech package for $33,210 +TTL?
That price sounds too good to be true. Unless it is a used '07 (you don't mention milage). The quote is $2329 under the invoice price of a comparably equiped '08. Perhaps they are quoting a price on one of their loaner cars.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
What do you guys think of this deal I've been offered?

07 G35 Journey
Lakeshore slate exterior/Wheat interior
Loaded - Premium, Nav, Wood trim, etc...
Just under 2k miles

Price - $32,500

It's not my first choice in terms of color, but I think I can live with it if the deal is as good as I think it is. Just curious what you guys think?

Last edited by Universal; 01-22-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
You guys are killin' me!

Why can't I find a deal like this? $32,500+TTL is more than $2K below invoice for the same car in '08.

...and I like the LS, wheat, wood combo! Who cares if it's got 2K miles. You still get the new car waranty, right?

Old 01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by wannaGsoon
You guys are killin' me!

Why can't I find a deal like this? $32,500+TTL is more than $2K below invoice for the same car in '08.

...and I like the LS, wheat, wood combo! Who cares if it's got 2K miles. You still get the new car waranty, right?
I've secured my offer through a close friend of mine, who is close friends with the general manager of an Infiniti dealership. The warranty is included.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I don't think I'd take that deal. If it's $2000 below invoice as you say, and the Infiniti cash to dealers is $1,500 (someone will let us know if that is accurate at present), that means the dealer is selling you a one year old model car for $500 under invoice. Plus, the dealer writes off 2,000 miles at the IRS tax deduction rate of .505, a $1,000 write down.

I'd suggest settling about $1,000 lower if you like the car. If not, you can get a 2008 at invoice. Don't forget when it's time to sell, an 08 will likely be worth about $2,000 more than an 07.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by wannaGsoon
That price sounds too good to be true. Unless it is a used '07 (you don't mention milage). The quote is $2329 under the invoice price of a comparably equiped '08. Perhaps they are quoting a price on one of their loaner cars.

The e-mail they sent me said that it was LAST NEW 2007, so I am guessing there is only a few to choose from. I think it's a pretty good price, but I would like to have the sport package instead of the wood trim.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread