Very disappointed - G35 rattles - Bass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dynamat ??????

Old 03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished deaden almost my whole trunk and all the doors last weekend, and it helps alot although i still get rattle from the rear deck a little bit when i play a really low bass. As far the door it will rattle a lil bit when my mid bass hits really hard and only in certain song. My car is set up for sound quality and here is my set up:
- Brax Mtrix Tweeters(1.1)
- Brax Matrix Mid Ranges(2.1)
- Dls Iridium 8" Midbasses
- 2x 12" Kenwood excellon(might change to 1x12" Diyma Ref sub)
- Zapco Dc360.4(Tweets & Midranges)
- Zapco Dc350.2(MidBasses)
- Zapco Dc750.2(Subs)
- Audiocontrol Lc8
- Tru Technology SSLD6
I am planning to deaden the deck and the rear seat this weekend, so hopefully i can have a really quiet car

Old 03-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Virus
After some more seat time in my G, I must retract my previous statement. This car rattles worse than my old 2k2 Maxima. The headliner rattles like crazy and that's with the SOW. I think most of this could have been alleviated by putting more foam material between the headliner and the roof.

Thats hilarious!!

In my 2k2 and 2k3 maxima, all the rattles was in the trunk lid itself, and in my 2k6 300C, it was very minimal as well (more like the bumper).

But this G35, is really pathetic. The rear parcel shelf, the headliner, the trunk lid. Out of my last 3 cars (using the same system in each car), this car is the worst!! Time to hammer some nails into everything!!

Old 03-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Wow, BRAX front end. how are the kenwood subs? Its funny you have some serious mid/tweets but i dont see kenwood as being even a match. How do they do?

What are you using to flatten out the stupid bass curve of the BOSE?

Originally Posted by whatzzap
I just finished deaden almost my whole trunk and all the doors last weekend, and it helps alot although i still get rattle from the rear deck a little bit when i play a really low bass. As far the door it will rattle a lil bit when my mid bass hits really hard and only in certain song. My car is set up for sound quality and here is my set up:
- Brax Mtrix Tweeters(1.1)
- Brax Matrix Mid Ranges(2.1)
- Dls Iridium 8" Midbasses
- 2x 12" Kenwood excellon(might change to 1x12" Diyma Ref sub)
- Zapco Dc360.4(Tweets & Midranges)
- Zapco Dc350.2(MidBasses)
- Zapco Dc750.2(Subs)
- Audiocontrol Lc8
- Tru Technology SSLD6
I am planning to deaden the deck and the rear seat this weekend, so hopefully i can have a really quiet car

Old 03-31-2008, 04:50 PM
well the kenwood actually blend really well with the iridium midbass since the mid bass already hit really hard, the kendwood was just a feeler. Actually some ppl listened to the car and said that i can even go without subwoofer. But i am gonna try a few different subwoofer to see which one really blend with the midbass, like i said earlier i might go with diyma ref, love that subwoofer to deatch, smooth like a butter. As far to flatten the curve from the bose, the radio itself already have a full range signal, the problem is the signal is not really clean, the signal will create hiss and sort of like an engine noise. On my 1st attempt to build the car, i was unsuccesful, we try different opt from ground loop isolator, diff processor and diff amps, and yet still hiss and noise. Then I changed installer, he redo the whole system from scratch and yet still the same, hiss and engine noise. So he played around with the car for a week, and found out one of the wiring from the stock system create the hiss and engine noise. So now the system is noise free

Last edited by whatzzap; 03-31-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:10 PM
would you be able to find out WHICH wire he "found" to help the rest of us out?

Was he using a diagram, or just using the tried and true pull and pray method?

Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok i'll find out from him, anyway i this this sat noon a bunch of ppl from diymobileaudio gonna have a lil meet at autobachs, and i might go there too, so if anyone want to listen to the car can go there. I'll confirm it again few days before sat

Old 03-31-2008, 08:05 PM
thanks guys for the detailed updates on your trials.

i want to put in a single 10" JLw7, hopefully that wont rattle the car too much, but sounds like dynamat should be on my shopping list just in case.

i empathically disagree that a car shouldnt be held responsible for not holding up to aftermarket mods: if the body rattles, it's either a sign of poor worksmanship, improper fitting, etc. or of a manufacturer so dedicated to weight saving that they used minimal padding, etc. Considering our cars weigh tons, I think we can dismiss that Nissan had our best intentions in mind when making the car and the rattles are from cost savings rather than weight savings.

I dont like fanboys that defend the car's shortcomings. I LOVE MY CAR TOO, but it's not perfect, I seem to hold it to a higher standard than most on this forum. I don't know how much maximas rattle, but BMWs dont at all even with aftermarket mods because the fit between bodypanels is exquisite.

dont be fanboys, be objective. it's a car not your country: it's not like you have to be patriotic about what you drive.

I hope you fix your problems minirx7, let us know.

EDIT: just as an aside, if I'm looking for a SINGLE sub to add some bass to this system, would the JLW7 be a good choice? I've heard they're the be-all and end-all when it comes to high-end subs...are there any manufacturers that can compare?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by silverG2007
G35: Paint sucks. Car rattles.

Good thing everything else is freakin awesome.
i have the same two criticisms, except add one: PLASTIC PIECES IN THE INTERIOR! unacceptable.

f'ing love this car though.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rocaveli
i have the same two criticisms, except add one: PLASTIC PIECES IN THE INTERIOR! unacceptable.

f'ing love this car though.
The plastic doesn't bother me. Pretty much every car (from Kia to Mercedes, Porsche, etc.) has plastic in the interior. Especiall ALL $30k cars.

At least we don't have to put up with Pleather (BMW).

What does bug me is the nice soft rubberized parts...... that chip/scratch easily (inside door handles).

Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by silverG2007
The plastic doesn't bother me. Pretty much every car (from Kia to Mercedes, Porsche, etc.) has plastic in the interior. Especiall ALL $30k cars.

At least we don't have to put up with Pleather (BMW).

What does bug me is the nice soft rubberized parts...... that chip/scratch easily (inside door handles).
sorry those are exactly what I meant.

I hate those scratched up door handles, and I pamper my car!

but otherwise yeah, "plastic" doesnt bother me. leather is still too soft though.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
hmm..

well back to the first page of posts about dynamat..

i dynamatted.. my whole trunk.. the whole floor.. from firewall back.. and the rear seats and the panels.. and i still have rattles.. but it has eliminated a whole lot.. but NOT ALL.. im going to do my roof next and add another layer to the panel where the stock woofer sits (which i removed).. and then ill know if there is any more rattle..

Old 04-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Excellent input.... With respect to the JL W7, its a great woofer, but its a bit overrated, i rather go with an MTX 9500 series sub over the W7.

And i am far from a fanboy like most guys on relative car forums. I guess i just dont feel the love for this car like i did with my maximas/300C... Maybe i just got older and lost it.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:17 AM
I was thinking of getting a system but not sure if i want rattling more.

Last edited by NationsMostWanted; 04-06-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 AM
im thinkin of either gettin 2 mtx 9500's but im not really sure due to the negative feedback on the rattling situtation. does the downfireing box help that much or is there a way to face the subs to get minimum rattling??
HELP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed - G35 rattles - Bass