G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Very disappointed - G35 rattles - Bass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i used to have a custom digital designs woofer, that thing blew my mind. It is a competition sub and 1 of those things could handle 2-3k watts RMS. Made my old honda accord feel like it was going to fall apart.

I miss my bass now that I upgraded to the G

Old 08-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, so my car decides to rattle.....I have no stereo upgrade what so ever....

Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ where is the rattle sound coming from?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
^ where is the rattle sound coming from?
driver side door and driver side dash. I just went to the dealer yesterday, they fixed the passenger side rattle, and now.........

Old 08-25-2010, 03:46 PM
I didn't put in aftermarket systems into my car, but I was experiencing some significant rattles from the doors and rear deck. Complained to Infiniti and they replaced and reinsulated the back rear deck and both doors and the front part under the front speaker. I can blast the hell out of it now, not even one rattle at all. Just ask Infiniti if they'll fix it.

If not, definitely take the time to Dynamat the whole thing. It will make a WORLD of difference. I Dynamatted my entire old Accord v6 coupe and it sounded incredible after I was done...not one rattle.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:28 AM
I Road-Killed "Dynamat" my whole car and the only place I still receive rattling from is the Trunk. My whole trunk door vibrates and rattles...it kinda sucks but I cant hear it myself when im listening from inside the car....I think the only way to avoid this is by getting a 1 piece CF trunk lid :/ oh well...

Old 08-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even my stock non-Bose rattles the doors.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I had 2 12" type x's originally in a custom enclosure which are 2,000rms combined pushed by a power acoustik a3000db amp (2300rms) ... then switched to 2 12" kicker L7's and i never had any issue... I had a lot of flexing, roof, trunk, quarters, etc... but i found the car to be really good for a audio setup because there was no rattling for me personally and the car had no dynamat or any sort of sound deading.. Comparing to my other setups in other cars like tsx, a6, pilot... I found it 10 X better then all of them

Old 09-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by atoor1990
I had 2 12" type x's originally in a custom enclosure which are 2,000rms combined pushed by a power acoustik a3000db amp (2300rms) ... then switched to 2 12" kicker L7's and i never had any issue... I had a lot of flexing, roof, trunk, quarters, etc... but i found the car to be really good for a audio setup because there was no rattling for me personally and the car had no dynamat or any sort of sound deading.. Comparing to my other setups in other cars like tsx, a6, pilot... I found it 10 X better then all of them
bruaaaahhhhhh

Old 09-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys need to turn down the bass and turn up the treble...don't be 'that guy' listening to bass and no music. My car doesn't rattle with 1 10inch kicker and even that's alot of bass.

Haven't you guys heard that bud light commercial?

Budlight salutes- Mr. Overly loud car stereo guy

Old 09-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by atoor1990
U talkin about a coupe or V36 sedan?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mike75
U talkin about a coupe or V36 sedan?
I had the coupe with the two different setups... I have a coupe now as well... I didint make a video of the setups but I do have pictures in my albums check it out... Only videos I have on youtube are 2 15 kicker L7's in a pilot then 4 - 15" kicker L7's .... And my tsx with a single alpine type x to 3 -10" kicker L7's

Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by rocaveli
thanks guys for the detailed updates on your trials.

i want to put in a single 10" JLw7, hopefully that wont rattle the car too much, but sounds like dynamat should be on my shopping list just in case.

i empathically disagree that a car shouldnt be held responsible for not holding up to aftermarket mods: if the body rattles, it's either a sign of poor worksmanship, improper fitting, etc. or of a manufacturer so dedicated to weight saving that they used minimal padding, etc. Considering our cars weigh tons, I think we can dismiss that Nissan had our best intentions in mind when making the car and the rattles are from cost savings rather than weight savings.

I dont like fanboys that defend the car's shortcomings. I LOVE MY CAR TOO, but it's not perfect, I seem to hold it to a higher standard than most on this forum. I don't know how much maximas rattle, but BMWs dont at all even with aftermarket mods because the fit between bodypanels is exquisite.

dont be fanboys, be objective. it's a car not your country: it's not like you have to be patriotic about what you drive.

I hope you fix your problems minirx7, let us know.

EDIT: just as an aside, if I'm looking for a SINGLE sub to add some bass to this system, would the JLW7 be a good choice? I've heard they're the be-all and end-all when it comes to high-end subs...are there any manufacturers that can compare?
Adding a sub=**** is going to happen so expect it and I'm no fanboy. Don't compare a BMW that costs 10K more. How's that? BTW, anyone{not saying you} that says so and so added 15- 25" subs and not one rattle is full of sh$t.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 AM
WOW... I am surprised that this thread is still alive!!

Anyhow, I have and always will be disappointed in my 2007 G35. I had catastrophic engine failure, and even after the engine was replaced, i have not yet been able to resolve a serious drivability issue with my car..

As a result, my car has been to the dealership more times than i can count, in the last 6 months up to 15 visits for the same problem. I gave up. But i couldnt even trade this POS in for another car, nor could i sell the piece of crap because I would not be able to get value for the car.

I really really really wanted the 2011 Mustang GT V8, but was unable to do so because i couldnt trade in. However my local infiniti really pulled through and helped me out because of all my issues. I am picking up my 2010 G37S Coupe 6 speed with Tech pack tommorrow.

I pray i will not have the same crappy issues with my 2007 G35 Sedan.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by jane
Adding a sub=**** is going to happen so expect it and I'm no fanboy. Don't compare a BMW that costs 10K more. How's that? BTW, anyone{not saying you} that says so and so added 15- 25" subs and not one rattle is full of sh$t.

I'm no fan boy either... Every car has its pros and cons. no offense but 25" subs??? never seen that before. That's someone thats full of sh$t i dont know where you've seen that or heard that.

the only rattling i had was from the liscense plate which was fixed with two way tape and some noise from the rear windshield. Even if there was the slightest bit of rattling anywhere you could not hear it period. As far as that i have tons of people that can back me up when i say i had no rattling without dynamat or sound deading. Flexing yes lots of it.. rattling not so much. There's a few members on g35driver as well that have seen and heard the setups in person.

If you want to see rattling check out videos of some of my other cars on youtube. Same username.

take care.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed - G35 rattles - Bass