G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Very disappointed - G35 rattles - Bass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very disappointed - G35 rattles - Bass

Hey guys,

I want to say i am very disappointed. After installing 2 12" Subwoofers and amp, i got so much rattling from the rear area, its rediculous. None of my other cars sounded this bad before (mind you this is the same system that was in all my other cars)> This includes my 2002 Maxima, 2003 Maxima, 2006 300C.

So i took apart the whole interior in the rear, the seats, rear deck, rear armrest, and removed teh factory 10" bose subwoofer. It still rattles. Then i found out the ROOF liner is rattling. I think i gotta remove teh roof now!!

Anybody else have this problem with aftermarket systems?

Old 01-25-2008, 08:19 PM
same here, all my rattling is in the front though. that and even at the lowest volume, my whole trunk lid rattles like a ****! im always afraid ima crack a light or somthing! i have 2 12'' Kicker CVR's and a 1000w kicker amp

Old 01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
What do you guys expect? When you start adding subwoofers, you need to dynamat the whole car if you don't want rattles... I don't see what the complaint is? I don't put any aftermarket speakers/subs in my car for that very reason, you WILL have rattles unless you insulate everything

Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 PM
i disagree, i know dynamat helps ALOT in some cases. however, i have a friend with an 04 golf w/2 12'' alpine type r's and an amp (cant remember wattage), he can turn his **** all the way up, no rattles whatsoever! but i guess with the G, this is one of those jobs for dynamat...

Old 01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
And is there any guarantee that the Dynamat will really work - could drive you nuts going back and forth trying to isolate. Would an enclosure in the trunk make a difference?

Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by whitelight
i disagree, i know dynamat helps ALOT in some cases. however, i have a friend with an 04 golf w/2 12'' alpine type r's and an amp (cant remember wattage), he can turn his **** all the way up, no rattles whatsoever! but i guess with the G, this is one of those jobs for dynamat...
thats because type r's suck?

Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 PM
No seriously,

LIke i said in my original post.

This car rattles really badly. WORSE THAN ANY CARS I EVER OWNED.

And some of the rattles are not just rattles, but sounds like a broken subwoofer. At first i thought the pressure from my subs was bottoming out the factory BOSE sub. So i removed it, and it wasnt the case.

There is something in the roof banging. I think dynamat will fix the rear parcel tray, but my god. I thougth this was an INFINITI, not a damn dodge NEON!!

I usually dont dynamat my other cars because only my trunk rattles which i can't hear inside the car. But this car, sounds like a ccomplete tear down.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I only have one JL 12" and I know excatly what your talking about. I could just image with 2 of them. Im just waiting for some free time to dynomat the whole car.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:23 PM
im curious .. how long would it take to fully dynomat a car and how much would it cost ? O_O

Old 01-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Other than a mild buzz in the speakers, this car, after 17k miles has ZERO rattles.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniRX7

There is something in the roof banging. I think dynamat will fix the rear parcel tray, but my god. I thougth this was an INFINITI, not a damn dodge NEON!!
Sorry dude, having problems with your install must be frustrating. But can't agree with your comment, simply because the G rattles when you put in stereo equipment it was never meant to have. If other cars stand it better, so what - the G probably lacks some sound-proofing so it weighs less.

I would expect if I put in TT and did nothing else, that I would have tranny problems - not the car's fault.

Good luck tho.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:28 PM
I find it hard to believe it rattled worse than your 2002 Maxima. The rear deck on the Maxima was absolutely terrible. I finally had to install 2 rubber bump stops between the deck and the window.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Sorry dude, having problems with your install must be frustrating. But can't agree with your comment, simply because the G rattles when you put in stereo equipment it was never meant to have. If other cars stand it better, so what - the G probably lacks some sound-proofing so it weighs less.

I would expect if I put in TT and did nothing else, that I would have tranny problems - not the car's fault.

Good luck tho.
+1

So you add two new 12" subs and your G starts rattling? Hmmm, what a shocker.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Virus
I find it hard to believe it rattled worse than your 2002 Maxima. The rear deck on the Maxima was absolutely terrible. I finally had to install 2 rubber bump stops between the deck and the window.
i totally agree..my cousin has 1 12" in his 03 maxima, and that trunk lid makes a horrendous bit of noise

Old 01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!

Good luck tho.
^+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed - G35 rattles - Bass