G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Deal or No Deal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Deal or No Deal

Hi All,
Am new to this forum so take it easy on me.

I am about to pick up 08 G35 Journey with Premium Pkg and Performance Tire Pkg for $ 36,000. That is the drive out price. Do you think that is a good deal or crappy deal. I actually offer that figure at one of the deal but they didn't accepted it. Would love to hear any comment from any of you. By they way am live in Houston TX.

Thanks
NamNhi

Old 03-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm no expert, but if you go to www.edmunds.com you can use the TMV option in their site to find estimated "Invoice" pricing for your model with your options. From there add tax title and license fees (not sure if Texas has a sales tax, or how much it is).

If the price isn't close, then you need to take it back to the bargaining table.

....unless you're comfortable with giving the dealer more of your money than you need to.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Forget the TMV price, you can go below invoice price now a days. At least in the California. The auto industry very competitive right now, you can easily get a below invoice price. Your deal sound like an Invoice price to me. What is the tax for Texas? The invoice for your car is about $32,924 (from Edmunds).

Old 03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for you guys input.

Taxes in Houston is 6.25%. I thought I have a pretty good deal until I read some of the post here. They seem to have a much better deal. What do you think of the deal, Houstonian?

NamNhi

Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm why people keep asking the same questions over n over.. no matter where you are, a good deal is based upon how close it is to the invoice price... if you are financing.. the total invoice price. including all options at invoice etc.... if u get it at or below invoice its a good deal. No matter where you are if you pay anything over a couple of hundred or so above invoice its a bad deal LOL... thats my standards and its doable.

as aslways if you pay cash outright there is less room to negotiate because the make less money so you have to rely on time of month, stock etc. If they lease to you or finance for you, you can most definitely get it as below or at invoice. if they say otherwise look elsewhere remmember there should be no funky fees of any sort.. the final price after all fees should be as i described above. then you tag on taxes thats the way to look at it accurately. leasing is a whole other story...i wouldnt know about i only buy them cash.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the exact same options and i think i paid ... 32963 plus tt&l...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 AM
That is a GOOD deal!! It's pretty much at invoice price, including the options are at invoice price~! Make sure you get a good % on finance too. What color?

Old 03-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Here is invoice price from Edmunds.com

G35 Journey $29,709
Premium Pkg $2,155
Performance Tire /wheel $345
Destination charge $715

Total $32,924

Considering the tax 6.25% is $2,058. On the top of that, assuming License fee, doc fee and various fee is about $400.

Then, out of lot will be $35,382.

The price you got is $36,000. Your price is $618 MORE than invoice price.

Last edited by skfnxh; 03-04-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by namnhi
Hi All,
Am new to this forum so take it easy on me.

I am about to pick up 08 G35 Journey with Premium Pkg and Performance Tire Pkg for $ 36,000. That is the drive out price. Do you think that is a good deal or crappy deal. I actually offer that figure at one of the deal but they didn't accepted it. Would love to hear any comment from any of you. By they way am live in Houston TX.

Thanks
NamNhi
Go see Martin (French guy) at North Houston Infiniti - I've sent several of my friends to him. Tell him you already have a deal, but you're looking for him to beat it - he'll take a shot.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Roughly $600 over invoice seems to be a good deal in Houston these days. I have spoken with several guys locally who paid somewhere in that range. I know lots of guys on this forum are getting their cars at or below invoice, but they are not in Houston. The dealers here don't seem willing to go that low.

North Houston Infiniti told me the very best they could do was $2K over invoice. Southwest and Clearlake both refused to go below $1500 over. I finally made my purchase at West Houston Infiniti for $700 over invoice, and got 2 years of scheduled maintenace thrown in (several of the Houston dealerships will do this). I also got a break on the tint and wheel locks.

I was willing to go out of town and got a quote of $300 over invoice from Gunn Infiniti in San Antonio, but decided that for the convienience of a local dealer plus the free maintenance more than made up for the $400 difference.

Where you live does make a difference and it is frustrating not to be able to get the deals that seem to be readily available in other parts of the country. I had assumed that having several dealers locally would mean more compettion and therefore better prices, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Several dealers let me walk, telling me they didn't need to offer lower prices because the G unit was selling well in Houston.

Good luck, and let us know how things work out.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by gottaGnow
Roughly $600 over invoice seems to be a good deal in Houston these days. I have spoken with several guys locally who paid somewhere in that range. I know lots of guys on this forum are getting their cars at or below invoice, but they are not in Houston. The dealers here don't seem willing to go that low.

North Houston Infiniti told me the very best they could do was $2K over invoice. Southwest and Clearlake both refused to go below $1500 over. I finally made my purchase at West Houston Infiniti for $700 over invoice, and got 2 years of scheduled maintenace thrown in (several of the Houston dealerships will do this). I also got a break on the tint and wheel locks.

I was willing to go out of town and got a quote of $300 over invoice from Gunn Infiniti in San Antonio, but decided that for the convienience of a local dealer plus the free maintenance more than made up for the $400 difference.

Where you live does make a difference and it is frustrating not to be able to get the deals that seem to be readily available in other parts of the country. I had assumed that having several dealers locally would mean more compettion and therefore better prices, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Several dealers let me walk, telling me they didn't need to offer lower prices because the G unit was selling well in Houston.

Good luck, and let us know how things work out.
You talked to the wrong people then. I got mine at North Houston at invoice with a few things thrown in. I've found that the internet sales guys are much more willing to deal then the showroom sales guys.....at least in Houston.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks all for the feedback.
SouthWest Infiniti didn't accept that offer on Friday afternoon so I went to Clear Lake Infiniti the next day and get that deal. Funny thing is that Southwest and Clear Lake are sister dealers. The car I actually going to pick up later today is actually at Southwest infiniti.

This dealer also have 2 years mantainance package included. gottaGnow, does that include the 15,00, 30,000 miles service? Does that mean you do not pay anything for two years on oil change and everything else? The saleman told me that would cost them around $600 but I read someone post on this forum that the 30,000 mile service actually cost around 850. A bit confuse there.

Also this is a new car so how many mile should the car has on its odometer? No more than 30? I don't want the demo car.

Thanks guys,
NamNhi

Old 03-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by bfranks
You talked to the wrong people then. I got mine at North Houston at invoice with a few things thrown in. I've found that the internet sales guys are much more willing to deal then the showroom sales guys.....at least in Houston.
I agree that the internet sales guys are best and did all my negotiating via phone and internet. At North Houston I corresponded with Linda Harrell in the internet sales department, and she told me $2K over was the best they could do. Glad to see that you had better luck than I did. Was there a trade-in as a part of your deal?

Old 03-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by namnhi
gottaGnow, does that include the 15,00, 30,000 miles service? Does that mean you do not pay anything for two years on oil change and everything else? The saleman told me that would cost them around $600 but I read someone post on this forum that the 30,000 mile service actually cost around 850. A bit confuse there.

Also this is a new car so how many mile should the car has on its odometer? No more than 30? I don't want the demo car.

Thanks guys,
NamNhi
I got a document from the dealer that outlined exactly what was included in the 2 year free services. Both the dealer and I signed this document, so if they don't give you something to document the free service, ask for it. I can't remember if the 30K services was included (would have to go back and check the document), but I know that the 15K was. Oil changes and tire rotations were also included.

My car had 6 miles on the odometer at delivery.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by gottaGnow
I agree that the internet sales guys are best and did all my negotiating via phone and internet. At North Houston I corresponded with Linda Harrell in the internet sales department, and she told me $2K over was the best they could do. Glad to see that you had better luck than I did. Was there a trade-in as a part of your deal?
I dealt with David Thompson. Linda didn't even return my call until almost 2 weeks after I bought my car..... That's very odd that they would not budge from $2k over invoice. Their initial offer to me was less then that, and it took very little effort to knock it down to the price I paid. Only thing I can think of was that mine was a 6MT.....maybe they have a harder time moving those

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deal or No Deal