G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

08 rattles...is this a joke?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to have 05 Evo. That thing has the cheapest interior of all cars, but it has no rattle at all when I sold it around 20,000 mile.

On the other hand my 07 G35S has many rattles that I have stopped taking it in. I gave up on them. The funny part was on my test drive, one of the car that we were about to take a deal on rattled so much that the salesman say 'it is no good let's go to the next one."

Infiniti can design good cars, but does not know how to build it. Raise your hand if your car has wind noise and road noise coming in the cabin.

1,2,3... of you

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 AM
No rattles here...

When was your G built? Mine august,2007

Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
+1 but for me, sometimes all three rattles together.. sometimes 2 and sometimes 1. Sometimes none... and that's very rare. lol
I have an 08 and all three rattles as well

Old 05-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, my '07 has had zero rattles, actually, zero problems, I've had it 7 months and it's only been to the dealer once, for an oil change.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by wrxrocks
I used to have 05 Evo. That thing has the cheapest interior of all cars, but it has no rattle at all when I sold it around 20,000 mile.

On the other hand my 07 G35S has many rattles that I have stopped taking it in. I gave up on them. The funny part was on my test drive, one of the car that we were about to take a deal on rattled so much that the salesman say 'it is no good let's go to the next one."

Infiniti can design good cars, but does not know how to build it. Raise your hand if your car has wind noise and road noise coming in the cabin.

1,2,3... of you
not so much wind noise, but road noise ever since i lowered it, and went to a 19"rim, and a 35-series tire.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by oughttoreturn
No rattles here...

When was your G built? Mine august,2007
Maybe the build date has something to do with it. What is particularly aggravating is the consistent crackling noise from the dash area. It seems like the dash creaks and crackles alot in cool dry weather and not so much in wet humid weather. So this leads me to believe that the plastic is expanding and contracting causing the crackling noise in the dash. So maybe the plastic used on cars during a certain build date is more prone to this. I drove a loaner this past weekend and did everything I could to make it rattle or creak and I could not do it. The loaner only had 2500 miles on it so I assume its a pretty recent build. Maybe we can get a list going of the build date of our cars and find a pattern.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by PR G35S
1. Sunglass holder
2. Driver seatbelt area
3. center console
On mine, the sunglass holder doesn't rattle, but the sunglass in it does. I don't have a problem with #2 and #3. I imagine putting some type of padding inside the holder would fix the rattle problem.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by chiem
On mine, the sunglass holder doesn't rattle, but the sunglass in it does. I don't have a problem with #2 and #3. I imagine putting some type of padding inside the holder would fix the rattle problem.
Delaer is going to change the sunglass holder...I'm not complaining...

Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I bought an 08 Journey last week and the only rattle I hear seems to come from under the engine when you step on it from rest. It sounds like a muffler rattling just under the firewall. Has anyone else heard this?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:17 AM
a new one is developing on the passenger front door area

Old 05-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Super bumpy roads, bose stereo full blast or all off, engine on full blast, still no rattles...
_________
2008 G35 journey5at ivory/stone+prem&sportpkg(k&n airfilters)

Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 AM
i wonder if theres a list of rattles somewhere

Old 05-22-2008, 06:25 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I don't have any rattles after over 18 months of ownership.....but slight "popping" sound has recently developed at the top of the windshield on the driver's side. It doesn't do it all the time, just over really rough roads. Anyone else experience this?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 AM
I've got an '07 with 20k miles. Been having a similar creak, groan, rattle, whatever that seems to be coming from the bottom of the windshield, near the center of the dash. Happens when going over anything that would torque the frame, like going over bumps, or just doing a slalom type maneuver. Seems to actually happen more often with a passenger, I don't know maybe the extra weight exacerbates it. I had him try to pinpoint it the other day, and it actually seemed like he could make it stop by wedging his fingers between the windshield and the center of the dash. So, maybe something in the dash is rubbing against the windshield. Before that, I was really thinking it was the windshield itself, (maybe it still is).

I dunno, I'll mention it to the dealer next time. It is quite annoying, but (Begin pessimism) I doubt they will be able to reproduce much less do anything about it. (End pessimism).

Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 AM
If any of you are hearing the rattle noise coming from the rear deck:
I went ahead and removed the undercover from the trunk. The plastic seat belt pockets are installed in a way that I couldn't figure out how to remove, so I took a utility knife and cut the bottom of the seatbelt cup 3 ways so I could fold it down and see whats rattling. There is a peice of foam (to dampen the spring noise) and then the CHEAP plastic spring loaded roller. Just tapping on it makes the spring vibrate (I guess the best way to describe the noise is when you tap on the spring door stop that is in your house, it's not as loud or last as long but it makes that similar noise), so there are 3 of them on that back deck that make this noise when you drive over an undulation in the road, they humm for maybe .25 second.
My second issue is the road/wind noise, the car should not have this. I can't feel any draft coming in, but it sure sounds like one while driving.
Needless to say, My personal vehicle is a 1-ton diesel truck, and I'm pretty adaptive to vehicle noises. I drive the G maybe once a week (I bought it for my wife) but when I do it sure makes me wonder about the build quality, and what I've gotten myself into.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.