G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

08 rattles...is this a joke?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2010 | 11:56 AM
46k on an 08 and the steering column rattles when its cold. In the summer or after the heater is on for 15 min it goes away.

Old 09-24-2010 | 03:20 PM
My '07 was pretty horrible with a creaking noise from the center console at about 60k mi so I had dealer check it; they tried to fix it with no avail. Therefore, I took the auto shift **** off, then removed the entire part that surrounds the shifter and found that all of the screws on the back-side of the surround were loose allowing the various plastic pieces that the part is composed of to rub against each other causing my creaking noise. I tightened up the screws (being extremely careful not to over-tighten the screws as plastic is easy to crack/strip by hand). Re-assembled it all and I haven't heard the noise for over a year since I did this. So far I've had to fix all my noise problems myself (front driver's window, etc.).

Old 11-15-2011 | 01:30 PM
I will be doing intensive inspection on why my rear deck is rattle like crazy. this is driving me nuts! when my gf is tryna get some shut eyes over the long and dreary trip... i turned off the radio, and BAM! rattle like ****!!!!

so, i've decided to keep you guys posted on WHY and HOW to fix this problem.

We paid good amount of money for this car, and there shouldn't be ANY problem with it, but my 01 subaru has better parts... it's crazy.

without any excuses, i will be inspecting inside and out, and see what is causing this problem. Along with center console rattle as well!.

keep you guys posted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.