G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

08 rattles...is this a joke?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010 | 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Thrillryder23
I have a few rattles hear and there but I've found its mostly due to the cold weather. I had one rattle that was AWFUL but I was able to fix it myself. The piece that holds in place the wiring going from the rearview mirror to the top of the car came somewhat loose. It took me forever to figure it out and although it was pretty consistent it did stop every once in a while for some reason - which is why it took me so long to find it. I just ripped it off and stuck a tiny piece of of a paper towel underneath it to stop it from rattling. Any other rattles normally come from stuff jiggling around on the side compartments when my bass is loud. I hear creaking sometimes too when it is brutal cold out but other then what I've mentioned - I don't get too many rattles.

I've got 36k on the car (08xS).
Thrillryder: Was your rattle coming from the mirror area? Mine is coming from somewhere around the passenger side windshield pillar.

Old 02-19-2010 | 12:16 PM
i'm definitely getting the front passenger seat rattle now (47k miles).. i heard some rear rattles last week but haven't noticed it since

sh*t is stupid irritating.. especially since i had various rattles in my last car (gs400).. i thought i avoided that w/ the g35 =/

Old 02-23-2010 | 11:31 PM
i got them to order me a new steering wheel, shifter and a sunglass holder thing...

but i did notice my dash is starting to peel again...

Old 02-28-2010 | 01:07 PM
Can't stand the squeaks and creeks

Hey all,

I recently purchased an 07 G35x with 29k mi. The entire center console from the ashtray back squeaks, just started hearing rattle near center of windshield, and rear deck area. This along with the easily scratched interior is just ridiculous. I am really disappointed with Nissan/Infiniti's build quality and they really have a lot of catching up to with Toyota and Honda in this area. I love the car and don't regret the purchase but this just makes me look towards Germany for my next ride.

Since the ride is still under warranty, I'm thinking of checking with the dealer to see if they'll do anything about the following issues:
1.Steering Wheel is scratched/peeling
2.center console squeaks like crazy over most bumps
3. rear deck rattle
4.Shifter **** is scratched to all hell
5.rattle near center of windshield (rarely happens)
6.Leather of driver seat seems to be wearing way too fast and outer back support seems to be almost peeling in one spot.

If anyone has suggestions on the above, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Old 03-01-2010 | 04:35 PM
Dealer feedback

Hey all,

Just got off the phone with the dealer and service guy said the rattles should be covered under warranty but the peeling/scratches would have to be inspected with some warranty technician. I will probably drop it off later this week but don't have my hopes up that anything will actually be fixed. Will keep everyone updated.

Thanks.

Old 03-09-2010 | 08:24 PM
My car has 11k miles and is starting to rattle in different places and drives me nuts. The center console is creaking whenever i go into a turn or hit bumps or drive on rough roads. Today, i get a very severe rattle above my guage cluster. I am taking my car in this Friday so "hopefully" I can recreate the rattles/creaks with the tech in the car...

Old 03-09-2010 | 09:03 PM
suprajjang,

I hear ya on the rattles. However, this past week the weather has been warming up and most of the rattles have gone away. Keep us posted on what happens at the dealer.

Old 03-12-2010 | 04:43 PM
Just wanted to give an update. I dropped my car off at the dealership and picked it up not to long ago. The rattles are all gone Looking at the receipt it says they insulated the area if that helps anyone any.

One thing that suprised me is that the service writer explained that minor adjustments for rattles is only covered for 12 months or 12k miles. I did not know that or see it written anywhere so maybe I overlooked it but I guess in 500 miles, I will be fixing anything that rattles by myself

Old 03-12-2010 | 07:32 PM
I wish it was a joke, I'm out of warranty so I have to investigate and fix every noise, rattle, wind noise myself and I'm overwhelmed. Not that the dealer fixed any of them anyway since I've had to fix what they "fixed" the day after they "fixed" it (again, no joke). The car is definitely winning, I already know I'm going to have to take my center console back out this summer and fix it yet again. I guess the cold temps during the winter loosened up all the screws in it again, may try epoxy this time for a more permanent fix.

Old 03-12-2010 | 07:52 PM
Windshield crack/pop noise fixed!

I've had the notorious windshield crack/pop noise when going over bumps or uneven roads for quite some time now on my 08xS. I'm currently at 24k on the odometer.

Similar to most of what I've read here, the crack/pop is intermittent and it seems to get worse in colder temperatures. The other day, it was about 40 degrees out and it got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. I called the dealer and made an appointment to bring it in this morning. On the drive to the dealership, it happened a couple of times, but wasn't as bad as before, so I was anticipating a call saying that they couldn't reproduce the noise and therefore couldn't do anything about it. Surprisingly, they found what the issue was and fixed it!!

The issue listed on the service report was that they found a wiring harness on the bottom of the windshield that was causing the noise over bumps. They installed a spacer between the dash and windshield to rectify the noise.

The two parts listed as part of the repair are:
- Spacer - Headlining 73982-4L700
- Felt Cloth Tape - 68239-13E00

I left the radio off the whole drive home and made sure to drive over some rough roads. The cracking and popping noise was definitely gone - didn't even hear it once. The cabin was as quiet as the day I brought her home.

Hopefully this helps anyone who might have the same issue.

Old 05-20-2010 | 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by jkh296
I've had the notorious windshield crack/pop noise when going over bumps or uneven roads for quite some time now on my 08xS. I'm currently at 24k on the odometer.

Similar to most of what I've read here, the crack/pop is intermittent and it seems to get worse in colder temperatures. The other day, it was about 40 degrees out and it got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. I called the dealer and made an appointment to bring it in this morning. On the drive to the dealership, it happened a couple of times, but wasn't as bad as before, so I was anticipating a call saying that they couldn't reproduce the noise and therefore couldn't do anything about it. Surprisingly, they found what the issue was and fixed it!!

The issue listed on the service report was that they found a wiring harness on the bottom of the windshield that was causing the noise over bumps. They installed a spacer between the dash and windshield to rectify the noise.

The two parts listed as part of the repair are:
- Spacer - Headlining 73982-4L700
- Felt Cloth Tape - 68239-13E00

I left the radio off the whole drive home and made sure to drive over some rough roads. The cracking and popping noise was definitely gone - didn't even hear it once. The cabin was as quiet as the day I brought her home.

Hopefully this helps anyone who might have the same issue.
Thanks have exactly the same issue on my 08 G35xS. Brought the car into the dealer 2x this winter and both times they claim no noises/rattles were heard. Will take this post with me to the dealer and hopefully this will be the solution to my problem.

Old 05-20-2010 | 10:04 PM
I've noticed that lately the rearview mirror on my '08 x has been shaky too...anyone know a quick fix?

Old 05-20-2010 | 10:09 PM
Bless you for this. I have also taken mine in twice to no avail. I hope this does it. I also have some noise (depending on the weather) from other places, but most of those I can pinpoint (like the silver square area around the gear shift - just need padding underneath). This sound seems to vary from side to side and no real idea what it would start or stop.

Old 08-10-2010 | 06:21 PM
Nap
I just bought a 08 X and my center console is "creaking" when i press on it or over bumps.

Some of you mentioned you had creaky consoles. Were you able to fix them?

Thanks for any info.

Old 09-24-2010 | 12:51 AM
Depending on the day I sometimes have a windshield crackling noise and a buzzing sound near driver area

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.