G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

08 rattles...is this a joke?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in my car...the covers for the child seat harness rattled. i leave them open now and no more rattle.

(note: they only rattled with heavy bass)

Old 07-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a rattle on the rear deck when turning to go around corners at low speeds in my parking garage. I can hear the rear deck flex/rattle. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Any fixes?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Chris G35
I have a rattle on the rear deck when turning to go around corners at low speeds in my parking garage. I can hear the rear deck flex/rattle. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Any fixes?
Stick your head between the rear seat and rear window, and tap on the deck with your finger. I hear a buzz type rattle that lasts for .25 second.
My findings are the springs for the seatbelts and I haven't thought up a way to fix it yet.
I might try tightening the electronics underneath (bose stuff) like mentioned in an earlier thread.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL, just turn the stereo up like I do...

Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by jimjam25
LOL, just turn the stereo up like I do...
Thats what I do but seriously. Any real fixes?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:58 AM
yea me tightening bose thing did nothing...

Old 07-10-2008, 01:34 PM
I fixed a big rattle in my driver side door based on another post I read elsewhere (not sure if it was this forum). I took the door off and used foam tape, strategically placing strips of it around the perimeter of where the door panel touches the door. I also placed a few pieces (on the door) around the holes where the screws go into the side handle and door handle. And then tighten those screws tight. I don't have rattles anywhere else in my vehicle.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I have the rear deck rattle now and also one that seems to be coming from right in front of the guage column. Only way it goes away is when the stereo is up. Guess I'm off to the dealer for that one.

I think the windshield needs to be reseated.

Ugh.

Anybody do the GT ladder bars? If so, where can i get them, how did they work and how much?

Thanks!

Last edited by ParkStr8; 07-24-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:30 PM
07 G35x in Wisconsin 41K miles- I love the car but the rattles are bringing me down. I had it into the dealer for the seatbelt height adjuster on the passenger side (based on threads here) and the sunglasses holder (was definitely rattling). The dealer could not reproduce the rattles but replaced both assemblies based on my description. The sunglasses holder rattle is now gone but the passenger side rattle remains. I am thinking it wasn't the seatbelt height adjuster. Cold weather seems to bring it on and it is intermittent. I had my daughter drive the car while I was in the passenger seat and couldn't reproduce the sound. It sounds like someone is shaking a bb in a plastic test tube. I also have the windshield creak when it is below freezing. I can't wait for spring!!!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM
08 here with rattles drives me INSANE

Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by dble_bgy_blues
07 G35x in Wisconsin 41K miles- I love the car but the rattles are bringing me down. I had it into the dealer for the seatbelt height adjuster on the passenger side (based on threads here) and the sunglasses holder (was definitely rattling). The dealer could not reproduce the rattles but replaced both assemblies based on my description. The sunglasses holder rattle is now gone but the passenger side rattle remains. I am thinking it wasn't the seatbelt height adjuster. Cold weather seems to bring it on and it is intermittent. I had my daughter drive the car while I was in the passenger seat and couldn't reproduce the sound. It sounds like someone is shaking a bb in a plastic test tube. I also have the windshield creak when it is below freezing. I can't wait for spring!!!
does replacing the sunglasses holder fix the rattle permanently or does it comeback after it wears out again?

Old 02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
To put in my two cents, I have various rattling, creaking. the worst is the creaking on the dash near the windshield. I hate it and my dealership won't do anything about it.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:53 PM
I have a few rattles hear and there but I've found its mostly due to the cold weather. I had one rattle that was AWFUL but I was able to fix it myself. The piece that holds in place the wiring going from the rearview mirror to the top of the car came somewhat loose. It took me forever to figure it out and although it was pretty consistent it did stop every once in a while for some reason - which is why it took me so long to find it. I just ripped it off and stuck a tiny piece of of a paper towel underneath it to stop it from rattling. Any other rattles normally come from stuff jiggling around on the side compartments when my bass is loud. I hear creaking sometimes too when it is brutal cold out but other then what I've mentioned - I don't get too many rattles.

I've got 36k on the car (08xS).

Old 02-17-2010, 07:03 PM
The dealership has had my car for 2 weeks to fix the scratched dash and arm pieces and also to fix a rattle coming from the back seat passenger side. I pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully its fixed.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by NationsMostWanted
does replacing the sunglasses holder fix the rattle permanently or does it comeback after it wears out again?
Nations: Just had it done a few weeks back. I'll keep you posted. I heard that the assembly that they installed had some additional padding.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.