G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

One Month Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Month Review

Hello All,
Just thought I would share how happy I am with my 08' G35S. I have had it for just over a month and about 1500 miles and it is everything I hoped it would be and more. The hardest part was staying below 4K RPM's for the first 1200 miles, but even then the car was a lot of fun to drive. Now that I can really goose it, I am astounded at how fast this car is. The G has a split personality to me. When driven with some restraint, it returns decent mileage and a smooth ride. Then when you really step on it and start slicing up the curves, it becomes a much more aggressive & finely tuned machine. Coming from an '03 540i Sport, the G feels like a go-cart around corners and the steering is so much more responsive. I have had 8 BMW's over the years, and they were all awesome machines, but I have to say that the G is a viable alternative for way less money. In many ways, the G feels more exclusive. In Austin there are E90's everywhere...that's not the case with G35's. Even if I could have afforded a 335i, I would have had a really tough time choosing it over the G. If you're lurking here and considering an E90, I would encourage you to drive the G before going any further. You'll read that this is a good car for the money. I think the G is a good car, period.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hell, I had 1500 on mine after a week and a half and had it to redline several times before I made it home on the first trip... lol Where I'm at, a little north of D/FW, I very very rarely see another G35 sedan and on a slight occasion will see a coupe. Not even that many Z's either. There are a lot of BMWs up here tho.

I agree with your statement on the G, it's a killer car for the money and very comparable to many cars well above it price-level wise. Every day I drive mine, the more I love it.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Either nobody told me about the "1200 mile" thing or I subconsiously ignored it considering within 2 hrs of buying it I was "accidentally" driving 110 trying to get to the theater in time (it was a little entertaining watching my date's knuckles go white as well).

Old 07-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StoutAg35
Either nobody told me about the "1200 mile" thing or I subconsiously ignored it considering within 2 hrs of buying it I was "accidentally" driving 110 trying to get to the theater in time (it was a little entertaining watching my date's knuckles go white as well).
that accident happens to me all the time

Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yes me to. in fact, i think i'm over 100 at least a couple times a day. that's not bragging, thats asking for help because I have to stop. its way too easy in this car.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by sredish
yes me to. in fact, i think i'm over 100 at least a couple times a day. that's not bragging, thats asking for help because I have to stop. its way too easy in this car.
way too easy...i think we need to get some of those dog collars that will shock us if we go over 100...may be our only hope

Old 07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
ckp
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
way too easy...i think we need to get some of those dog collars that will shock us if we go over 100...may be our only hope

^hahahahaha !!!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
ckp
Paul so any luck with the muffler mod?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by sredish
If I could go 100 the whole way to work my commute would be awesome. Too bad I can't. Houston traffic is so much fun.

And I'll skip the shock collar! I'm sure they'll have something on GPS soon enough telling you to slow down. Kind of like the rumor I heard about the GTR where it's governed unless it's on a track..then when you get off the track you get a message from the dealership to tell you to come in for maintenance or your warranty will be voided. I'm not sure if that's true or not but it would suck to be like that. Next thing you know they'll have GPS modules that women can put on cars to tell them when their husbands are at strip clubs.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by ckp
Paul so any luck with the muffler mod?
nah, i haven't made up my mind yet...i am in the process of purchasing an injen intake though!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by StoutAg35
If I could go 100 the whole way to work my commute would be awesome. Too bad I can't. Houston traffic is so much fun.

And I'll skip the shock collar! I'm sure they'll have something on GPS soon enough telling you to slow down. Kind of like the rumor I heard about the GTR where it's governed unless it's on a track..then when you get off the track you get a message from the dealership to tell you to come in for maintenance or your warranty will be voided. I'm not sure if that's true or not but it would suck to be like that. Next thing you know they'll have GPS modules that women can put on cars to tell them when their husbands are at strip clubs.
haha that last module does not need to make it into production or the pink pony is going out of business!