G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35 tips you probably don't know :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I had no idea about this: To keep listening to music or stay on the phone (premium pkg) while shutting the car off, push the start button twice quickly. The engine will cut, but you'll go into Aux mode with no interruption.

THANK YOU THANK YOU

The following users liked this post:
TxPwnBoy (09-03-2011)
Old 07-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Random thing I know.

While driving in regular D, the paddle shifters (auto sport) still work. You can upshift or downshift using the paddles. After a short while, the car will automatically go back into D mode. Basically, you don't have to be in DS to use the paddles.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ICC Failure at Dusk

Did you all know, that during dusk, there is a point of time when the sun is hitting the ICC Sensor directly. If you are using ICC at that time, it will fail. It is hard to recreate, but it has happened to me a few times.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by sameerg
Did you all know, that during dusk, there is a point of time when the sun is hitting the ICC Sensor directly. If you are using ICC at that time, it will fail. It is hard to recreate, but it has happened to me a few times.
Yep, it's (sort of) in the manual. The ICC is not entirely radar-based, but rather is uses the reflections off of the plates of the car in front of you to gauge distance. This is why there are also times that it gets confused when it sees the reflective lane markers on highways. I would guess the sun would have the same effect on it. For times like these i just revert to regular cruise control.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well...I read somewhere in the manual or on the Net that the ICC -- radar rays would not work under bright sunlight or in rain when the reflections are not predictable...So even in rain when the wipers are a bit faster than intermittent or under bright light falling directly on the ICC..the ICC will beep and quit....this is normal

Old 07-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Cool, See i never read the manual. so i did not know about that. I was just hoping that nothing's wrong with my car. now i am glad I pay visits to this forum

Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
So I was trying to close my trunk after softball yesterday and it wouldn't close. I couldn't figure out why...then I remembered this thread and looked in my bag that I had just put in the trunk. Sure enough, my keys were in it.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Haha I've posted this story before but I figured this would be good info to have for those days where you just aren't paying attention.

Since we have a keyless ignition, us AT guys don't have much of a "fool proof" fail safe for when you turn the car off without putting it in park. If you turn your car off without putting it in park, when you open the door, your car will begin to chime at you relatively rapidly to let you know that its possible that the car will roll away the second you step out of it.

Ahh I'll never forget seeing my G rolling slowly down the office parking garage.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
If you simultaneously hold down the lock and unlock buttons on your I-key for a few seconds it will enable/disable your car beeps/honk when you lock it.
When disabled only the lights flash as usual.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
You can roll the windows up while you shut the engine off. I just realized this a few weeks back. I was rolling the windows up and shut the engine off. As long as you started to roll the windows first and shut the engine off second the windows will roll up. (Note: If you open the driver or passenger door, the power will cut off)
This is NOT TRUE. You can shut the car off first and then roll up your windows. You do NOT have to start rolling up your windows before you turn off the ignition. The car retains power to the windows for about 30 seconds to a minute. I never actually took the time to see how long you have before power is cut, but I know for a fact that you can cut the ignition first and THEN roll up your windows so long as the donkeys in your passenger seats haven't opened their doors yet. Once someone opens a door, power is cut and your windows stop where they are.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
This is NOT TRUE. You can shut the car off first and then roll up your windows. You do NOT have to start rolling up your windows before you turn off the ignition. The car retains power to the windows for about 30 seconds to a minute. I never actually took the time to see how long you have before power is cut, but I know for a fact that you can cut the ignition first and THEN roll up your windows so long as the donkeys in your passenger seats haven't opened their doors yet. Once someone opens a door, power is cut and your windows stop where they are.
45 seconds...it's in the manual.
In my response (post #10) to the same comment

Old 08-28-2008, 09:14 AM
You can set the wheel and mirrors to automatically adjust with you when you move the seat back or forward (premium pkg, I think)

How do I get it to do this?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by baileyt35
You can set the wheel and mirrors to automatically adjust with you when you move the seat back or forward (premium pkg, I think)

How do I get it to do this?
You have to be stopped, and its under the comfort and convenience tab I believe, but only if you are equiped with the premium package.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by LiquidGx
You have to be stopped, and its under the comfort and convenience tab I believe, but only if you are equiped with the premium package.
Cool, I'm going to look for that on my lunch break and I have the premium package. Thanks a bunch!!!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Haha I've posted this story before but I figured this would be good info to have for those days where you just aren't paying attention.

Since we have a keyless ignition, us AT guys don't have much of a "fool proof" fail safe for when you turn the car off without putting it in park. If you turn your car off without putting it in park, when you open the door, your car will begin to chime at you relatively rapidly to let you know that its possible that the car will roll away the second you step out of it.

Ahh I'll never forget seeing my G rolling slowly down the office parking garage.
To add to this, on top of chiming at you like crazy, the information center in the gauge cluster will warn you that the car is NOT in park.

Yes this implies that I've recently forgot to put my car in park again....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 tips you probably don't know :D