G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35 tips you probably don't know :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now that would be weird. But you never know. The world we live in.

tg

Old 09-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ that makes semse, i thought he meant it would record audio
Actually the new CTS has a hard drive based audio system and you can rewind the audio from satellite, etc. for a perioed of time (I think 30 minutes but I'm not sure) just like a Tivo/DVR when you watch cable.

That's pretty cool if you were listening to something on talk radio, etc and your phone rings and you missed an important point. Or one of those times when you just start spacing out and forgot what the heck you were just listening to

But we don't have that on our G's (at least not yet).

Jay

Old 09-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I read it to mean it records your speed, how long were your brakes on for, etc. I imagine it's a loop, so it just keeps 30 seconds memory or so. It probably is intended for fatal accidents but not necessarily for those in your car? I'm just thinking that in some cases it can be incriminating.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^??? you're joking right? where did you read that in the manual, i checked and found nothing! also if its only 30sec recording how does it know when to start? interesting....
In my manual, section 9 technical and consumer information, event data recorders (at the very end of the section)

Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
directly behind your glove box there is a compartment perfect for putting items that you would like to keep safe..
like china tea cups and wine glasses...
or small bongs, bubblers, pipes, bud, scale, etc..

The following users liked this post:
InfinitiKY (01-19-2016)
Old 10-14-2008, 07:58 PM
When your key fob battery is low, the console on the speedometer will show about how much battery life is left on the key fob before it dies

Old 10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Music Box tips:

- Recording an album takes place pretty fast... my rough calculations is it takes place at around 8x, which is close to a good ripper on your computer. So when you are recording a CD, it will be done recording after around 6 to 8 mins.
- When recording, you don't need to listen to the CD, you can switch to Radio, etc... Some text will appear on your system that will indicate it is recording. For example, it is on the top right side of your map below traffic. It will be off when it is done.
- Yet untested, as I just read it in the manual. The music box will record data CDs with mp3/wma files on them. That way you can transfer a bunch of digital music to your system. Can't way to try this. [EDIT: this is wrong... does not work]

- Annoying thing I really with I could figure out. Right now, the only way to go through albums is to use the right ***, and select one by one each album until you get to the one you want to play. There is a search album function which has a list of albums you can scroll through and select but it does not function while you are driving. Ironically, I find it a lot more dangerous to use the *** and watch the screen through every click, then to have a list I can glance at while I am driving.

Last edited by cpnichols; 10-15-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dwdaewu
When your key fob battery is low, the console on the speedometer will show about how much battery life is left on the key fob before it dies
NO WAY!!! Really?! Thanks for that one!

Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cpnichols
The music box will record data CDs with mp3/wma files on them. That way you can transfer a bunch of digital music to your system. Can't way to try this.
I don't know if this is true for 08 models but it will not work on 07's

Last edited by Lemodular; 10-15-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 AM
I know about this one feature that you all also know about but you guys never knew what it was called - M.M.E: Merging made easy

Old 10-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lemodular
I don't know if this is true for 08 models but it will not work on 07's
You are correct... I just tried it in the 08, and it indeed does not work... looked back at the manual and I misread it. I saw CD's WITH mp3 and wma, and it actually said, CD's WITHOUT.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know of a way to stop the bluetooth system from answering incoming calls automatically while I'm already on another line?

Old 10-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
Does anyone know of a way to stop the bluetooth system from answering incoming calls automatically while I'm already on another line?
Try starting a new thread for this on the tech threads - you'll get a lot more responses! Please make sure to list your phone make and model.

A few things to check though, since your post is already here. . . do you have your phone set to auto answer with BT?

I had an issue where I would get a weird connection whenever a call came in on call waiting and I couldn't choose ignore or answer and it would connect in an odd 3 way conversation but I would lose connection with both parties shortly thereafter.

I did a hard reset on my phone and it corrected it.

Hope that helps.

Jay

Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by airhoppz
Doesn't it give you the option on the screen to reject the other call? Usually you press the bottom button and it rejects the call, vs. the top button accepting it.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Key Fob Battery

My car is a day short of a year old. I've been wondering when to replace the key fob battery, and all of a sudden, I find the car telling me that my key battery is 1/3 low.

When I start my car, right in the middle of the information display (between the speedo and the tach) there is a little display that shows the key and a battery with an F and an E on it. It only shows for about 5 seconds, but it clearly tells me that the battery is only 2/3s charged. Time for a new battery. I checked my wife's key and it does not produce the little graphic, so I assume her key is still charged.

08 journey, 5AT non-navi. if it matters.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 tips you probably don't know :D