G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35 tips you probably don't know :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Not necessarily a tip, but I just noticed tonight that there is no light under the hood.
I was a bit surprised by that, but if that's my biggest complaint, I'm doing pretty darn good.
+1 ^
off subject- but my 1st truck was a 92 chevy 1500 truck that had a light under the hood attached to a magnet and you could wined it out all the way to the back of the truck. (still dont know what other companies didnt do this, great for changing a tire on a dark road)

Old 02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
/\Wow, that's awesome. I've never seen that before.

All of my previous cars had a light under the hood. Some turned on when the hood opened and others also required the parking lights to be on, but I was a bit surprised to find no light under the hood of the G.

How the heck and I supposed to mod at night?!?

Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I had a Ford PU that had the wind out light. I loved it so much, that when I sold the truck, I kept the light and put it on my next one.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I had a Ford PU that had the wind out light. I loved it so much, that when I sold the truck, I kept the light and put it on my next one.
I was wondering where the light went.

j/k

Old 02-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Aeson: I think that's the point, the light was there in the older cars so you could "look under the hood' at night. Back then you could actually do something or look like you wrer doing something to the engine other than checking fluid levels in the Dark....With the Modern age of computer controlled autos, you can't touch anything "under the hood"....lol, except for the oil

Old 02-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Yep that's cool. The other thing about this feature is you can "program" the other iFOB (your spouse or significant other uses IF YOU DARE), to the No. 2 setting for the memory. That way when the second iFB is used it puts everything that was set under the No. 2 memeory into play when u get in...

Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by almatti
Yep that's cool. The other thing about this feature is you can "program" the other iFOB (your spouse or significant other uses IF YOU DARE), to the No. 2 setting for the memory. That way when the second iFB is used it puts everything that was set under the No. 2 memeory into play when u get in...
i was referring to an earlier thread reference to the use of iFOB coordinating with memory switch settings both Nos. 1 & 2. You need to have Premii Package though..

Old 02-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh Well: Another One Bites The Dust! !!! Sorry for "steering" anyone in the wrong direction on this.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Oddly enough it is possible to lock your key in your trunk. Though I haven't been able to recreate it.

And if the keys are in the trunk the manual says to get the car towed as there is no way to get it out. Luckily I left the passthrough open in my rear seat and was able to reach it with a spatula after getting a lock company to pry my door open.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really? I wasn't able to lock my keys in the trunk. I just got the car and put the spare key in my backpack. So when I decided to leave I put my back pack in the trunk and I thought my trunk was broken because it kept reopening Lol.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't know what happened. I was getting shoes out of my car and i think i pressed something on the key fob. But i left the key in there after I got the shoes out and it did not open back up. I have not been able to repeat this though.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
I haven't tested it since I bought the car but if I remember correctly, the car doors also need be locked for the trunk to pop open automatically if the Ikey is in there.
Otherwise, you could just release the trunk from the switch inside the car and there is no need for it to pop open automatically.
Something is wrong with the car/Ikey if the car doors are locked and the trunk doesn't open with the Ikey inside (trunk).
Have Infiniti check it out. Good Luck!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I haven't tested it since I bought the car but if I remember correctly, the car doors also need be locked for the trunk to pop open automatically if the Ikey is in there.
Otherwise, you could just release the trunk from the switch inside the car and there is no need for it to pop open automatically.
Something is wrong with the car/Ikey if the car doors are locked and the trunk doesn't open with the Ikey inside (trunk).
Have Infiniti check it out. Good Luck!
This happened to me once outside my girlfriends house. Put my keys in the trunk to grab some shoes and closed it, didnt pop open. We had to drive back to my house in her car to get my second key and opened it with that.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can lock the door from inside and it will remain locked. You only can't lock it from outside if you left the key inside.

Also interestingly I have my spare key in the garage right beside my car. I acually only use it few times when I leave my original key in the house and lazy to get it. 4 months and I have a low battery on it. I think it is keep communicating with the car since it is about 2 feet away from it. I just put a new battery in and I will leave it there again for the next few months to see if it is going to do the same.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey guys,

I unexpectedly found a new trick with my car. It's probably just for the Prem + Navi package G35.

If your screen is displaying the maps or status, hold down the toggle (joystick) button on your steering wheel for 2 seconds. It will then display menu options:
Destination
Route
Information
Settings

Basically all the options you have to press under the screen.. Didn't see this trick anywhere so figured I'd share.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 tips you probably don't know :D