Steering wheel audio control malfunction when changing radio only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Add me to the list .

Old 08-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an appt on wed to take it in b/c on preset C (FM Radio Stations), when it got to #2 or #4, the nav bar would disappear and it would go back to #1. I reprogrammed all 6 radio stations and that seems to have corrected the problem. Unfortunately, i was not able to replicate at the dealer.

Is there some combo of buttons or sequence that will cause it to error again? After fixing, has anyone been able to replicate again?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:15 PM
My car is going back tommorrow to get the XM checked out.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
my presets aren't working too (started sometime in the last three weeks). i'm just going to reset/reprogram them - if it happens again, i'll have the dealer replace the part.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
there remain so many unanswered questions...

(1) since they replace the HDD, do you get the OLD nav software or the NEW nav software??

(2) since they replace the BT, does it now work with devices that it didn't before, but the newer infiniti's and nissan's do (like the treo 800w)?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oneformula
there remain so many unanswered questions...

(1) since they replace the HDD, do you get the OLD nav software or the NEW nav software??

(2) since they replace the BT, does it now work with devices that it didn't before, but the newer infiniti's and nissan's do (like the treo 800w)?

Someone posted that they got the old software on the replacement. Another posted that the whole phone book now can be transfered via BT with their phone.

Can anyone confirm what part is actually replaced? Controllers(?)/Head Unit/HDD.....

Is it safe to assume that one would also loose his saved destinations too since that is on the HDD?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Ok guys I have some not so good news. I got a call from the dealer and they have to replace the unit again because the new one they put in was a defect. So now i have to wait another week or two since the part is still on backorder.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hmm I thought the act of sending all of your contacts to your phonebook was dependent on the phone and not the Phonebook in the car?

My phone wouldn't, but after installing a software, it allowed me to push all of my contacts at once...

Old 09-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Damn mine is doing this now too. WTF, I thought I was getting a reliable car with Infiniti and now I had to do a couple of TSB's already.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Mine just started doing this, too. AFTER I read this thread. It only does it on one set of presets, though.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Find me a car without TSBs.

Phonebook transfer is MOSTLY dependant on the phone However, there may be software updates

Old 09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts
G35x
I need to actually program my presets to see if I am affected. :-) 99% of my use is the CF slot and the Music Box.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha, you guys are funny, i have not noticed a problem I will check when my car is back but, you know you should really refrrain from having dealers work on your car, unless you get a super great careful tech, its never going to be put back the same way again. I trust myself more than anyone else and I would prefer to fix it with the method given than have some monkey fooling around behind my electronics.

This may not apply to all techs but how would u know who does what kind of work until its too late. Better safe than sorry. Then see like that one guy.. had one put in and now they have to put another one LOL ..... if u are able to fix it simply by yourself do it really....if it fixes it why not.

Like my door armrest, onlythis shady dealer amongst the 2 here was willing to order one and change it but having experienced theit work, even a simple oil change they can muck up, u think i want them taking apart my door? I can do a better job let me tell you that i have taken apart my previous cars interior front and back bumpers etc.....its your car you are more carefull when you do it, these people dont care he even dirtied my headliner while in the car its like hes a walking greaseball.

Last edited by jdanielsg; 09-07-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
haha, you guys are funny, i have not noticed a problem I will check when my car is back but, you know you should really refrrain from having dealers work on your car, unless you get a super great careful tech, its never going to be put back the same way again. I trust myself more than anyone else and I would prefer to fix it with the method given than have some monkey fooling around behind my electronics.

This may not apply to all techs but how would u know who does what kind of work until its too late. Better safe than sorry. Then see like that one guy.. had one put in and now they have to put another one LOL ..... if u are able to fix it simply by yourself do it really....if it fixes it why not.

Like my door armrest, onlythis shady dealer amongst the 2 here was willing to order one and change it but having experienced theit work, even a simple oil change they can muck up, u think i want them taking apart my door? I can do a better job let me tell you that i have taken apart my previous cars interior front and back bumpers etc.....its your car you are more carefull when you do it, these people dont care he even dirtied my headliner while in the car its like hes a walking greaseball.
I'm like you.. I hate people touching/driving/working on my car. I rather do it myself. hehe... So i just re did my presets and it's been working ok for about a week.. So im gonna cross my finger and hope that it stays this way..

Old 09-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Mine also is now doing this with FM channels in the presets. This can't possibly be a coincidence that it's happening to everyone at the same time. There must be some or other accidental date time bomb in there that is causing this. Anyway, before I go to my dealer to get this replaced:

1. Has anyone with an '07 taken theirs in, and if so, can you confirm whether or not the iPod capability was added since this should be a new unit?
2. Reading above, it seems that the old Nav map will still be in place - seems strange to downgrade their units to the previous year for this - but if anyone else can confirm this, that would be great.

Thanks a lot
T1328

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel audio control malfunction when changing radio only