G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Steering wheel audio control malfunction when changing radio only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
6 moths since this problem crept up. Some of you got a new head unit some just reprogramed their stations. I was one of those who just reprogramed. Well the problem is back. It is the "B" settings now (local stations).

Has anyone been successful in "fixing" the issue besides going to the dealer?

Old 02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I reset my presets when I first encountered it and never had the problem again...

Old 02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ITSB has been revised, again--this time something about reprogramming the radio. I haven’t had it done, but likely will in the future. Has anyone had the revised ITSB performed?

Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
i pulled my battery for about 10 minutes, reprogrammed all the stations, (A B and C) and i have not had any issues after that.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:00 PM
If these "soft-resets" are working (it looks like it is for some of you), why would Infiniti spend the time and money to replace the HU.

@SuckItUp, do you have a pdf of the new TSB?

Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
because the head unit is not an infiniti manufactured product. it is out sourced. so infiniti just uses their warranty on it and sends the old one back to the manufacture.

its the simplest way of keeping us happy.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
had mine done a few weeks ago and they replaced the whole unit. An updated Nav map as well so you guys might want to get it replaced. I just took a TSB in and they looked over it and said they'd replace it.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Here is the link to the ITSBs: http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca...s.php?catid=77

I think you may have to login to that website to download it, but I don't have access to the PDF right now. I will try to post it later.

Note that ITB08-037b was revised January 13, 2009.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the link... I am a member there, just forgot all about it.

I just read throught he new TSB (ITB08-037b) and looks like Infiniti realized that they don't have to swap the unit. According to the new TSB the "fix" would be just upgrading the software (which I beleive includes the 08 maps). Compared with the directive to exchange the head unit of the previous TSB (ITB08-037). This may mean thay they would not wipe out the HDD loaded with music nor take the HDD out for those, including me, that feared the dismantling of the dash by the dealer.

I have an app. on Thurs to get this done. Luckily, I did not reset the stations this time so that the dealer can replicate the prob.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I have the same concerns (and have already had the head unit replaced for another issue, during which I lost all of my music without any warning).

I am not sure about the maps or the voice commands. Newer maps would be nice, but I don’t think I want to give up the original voice commands (I have an early ’07). I couldn’t tell if the “radio” software was separate from the NAV software. From the ITB it appears as though the update is done through the CF slot, so maybe the HDD data would not be wiped?

Please let me know how your appointment goes--I am very interested. Thanks.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by st1sj
when i change the radio stations, radio would get stuck on station 5 and 6 (when changing up) and 1 and 2 (when changing down). i dont think it is the audio control, since it works fine with music box. is it the radio? has anyone encounter this problem before and if so, what is the fix? thanks in advance.
I had a similar problem: it would only change between 2 channels. All I did was set all the channels again and I have not encountered this problem since.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
So I went to the scheduled appoinment at the dealer, they acted a little puzzled when I shoed them the TSB, but acknoleged that they had just recieved the TSB. There eems to be a conflict between the service dept and IInfiniti corp. on this revised TSB (ITB08-037b). While the 07 vehicle is still under warranty, this fix requires that they update to the 08 software which includes the maps. Infiniti (corp) thinks that there should be a charge associated since it is an "upgrade" while my service rep agrees with me that the car is still under warranty and should be free. Either way, the tech said the software has not been updated to his Console-III so I will have to come back next Tuesday.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Lemodular: How did the appointment go?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by SuckItUp
Lemodular: How did the appointment go?
wow, posted at the same time..

Old 02-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Allright....

went in for:

passenger seat recall: Done(?) - Dealer did not replace the seat so I have to take their words for it.

Radio: Done (?) again, no way to tell except that all my stations are gone but my saved routes and destinations are still there as well as my phone book. I have not verified the music box yet (forgot). The map version still says 06-07!

Throttle recalibration: Done! feels very good...much more linear.

They did all that in about 6 hours.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel audio control malfunction when changing radio only