G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Is the G worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsmonet
no such thing as a 6mt g35xS. x = auto.
+1. Mine fault was got the 5AT. I wish can go back n get 6 MT.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude your 05 TL looks good. I think you should keep it another year or so and maybe then see where you stand financially. Give the new 2009 G37S a year to maybe make some minor improvements and then hop on it.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree with most that has been said here. Stay in you car for another year or so and see where you are momney wish then. I was upside down going in to my G35X-S, but only 5k. I had a 04 Maxima SE fully loaded and did not want to get rid of it but there were some engine issues the dealer could not figure out so after 5 attempts to fix it I said bye and got my G. But 13k is nuts man.. Stay in the TL... Just my .02..

Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 PM
as much as i dislike the TL, i can't say it's a good idea to ditch it. it would be a good idea to just work on paying it down--double payments or anything over base payment you can swing, etc. don't look at 09's--you're not getting one in 09. you have to just suck it up and pay that down.

the TL isn't a lease, is it?

next time around you need to be smarter about your purchase. zero/low down payment = financial suicide on things that depreciate as rapidly as automobiles.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by iWISH
I currently drive a 05 TL. Few things I love about the car...

1: Its styling
2: Its beautiful/smart interior
3: The torque

Things I hate about it.

1: Its auto (my fault)
2: Its made in america (non JDM and very few aftermarket parts)
3: Front wheel drive
4: Skweeky engine bay

Those are off the top of my head.

Heres my situation. Im looking to get a 6MT 08 G35xS. Im upside down 13k on my TL. I know that it will get rolled over on to the G35, Thats why im planing on leasing? Or will financing be more in the question? Im trying to sell my rims and Ill be able to nock out some CC bills. Therefore apply for a personal loan to pay off more of my bills and get my credit score up. Then Be able to put some of that money to my negative equity.

My main question is, is the G worth the extra $$$? Will the G top the TL in everyway? and what will be better for me lease or finance?
WOW $13K upside down, stick with the TL. I have owned a few 3G TL's and my next car will be a G37 sedan, but I woudl not go upside down that much. The TL is a good car, different than a G, but good in its own way.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I've briefly driven a 07 TL Type S. The car is flat out nice. It accelerates good. Has comparable features such as a back up camera and nav. But overall I'd say i definetely prefer my G35xS. To me it accelerates better, feels more refined, has a smoother ride. TL might be a better handle though. I say to go with the G, you wont be disappointed. Plus the G is gorgeous looking. Definetely better looking than the TL....

Old 09-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Virus
Don't worry, the older you get the more you tend to stop spending additional money on aftermarket parts. Better yet, once you start to have children you will no longer have any leftover money to spend on aftermarket parts:-) It's better to spend the money on your home. Stick around here, you have a home regardless of the car you drive. The TL is a great car.
I dont have kids, but I agree with that comment. My last car was an 03 Altima. I went crazy modding it with aftermarket parts. But with my G Im not doing a damn thing. Not even a tint (because I cant bother with the Cops). This car is perfect as is. The stock air intake is incredible and I wouldnt alter the exhaust either. Leaving everything alone and keeping my warranty in tact lol.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G35 Journey Sedan no sunroof
G is worth it for $30K (few options), not worth it for $40K.