G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Need Help!!!

I just got a 2008 OB g35s about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I am about a little over an hour away from the dealer. Well the day after I got the car I was at work and the cars paint is in horrible condition(scratches all over the car). I called the dealer and was told to bring the car down. Well after a week finally got time to take the car down to infiniti. They told me they where going to take the car to the body shop and fix everything I showed them. They gave me a Nissan truck. I had to drive this around from Wed. To the next friday . They told me three different times it would be done and it was not. I called the manger the second time I was told the car should have been done. He said he would call me back and did not. Well I got my car friday and the car is worst then when I first drop it off!!!!!!!!!!! I had no time to fight with them I had to had back to work(an hour away). Well I called the manger agian and he told me sorry for never getting back to me. Well I told him we have a new problem. I told him about the car and he told me to call him monday morning and he would send somebody out to pick up the car and drop off another infiniti.

I lease the car and I have my first payment coming up in a couple of days. They're taking the car back agian on monday but I do not want the car anymore. I just want a new car all together. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Old 11-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Have them give you a different car for the duration of your lease.. and have them extend it a month, gratis of course.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You need to be aggressive in these kind of situations and vent your anger not on these forums but at them. Pushing their buttons a little always is better than being mr. nice guy because then they will take advantage of you. Refuse to accept the current car in those conditions and demand they give you another car or terminate your lease contract so you can take your business elsewhere. This is just f'n ridiculous.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Be stern and firm, but not rude

Old 11-02-2008, 10:31 AM
What a BS. You have to take your time and sit down with the manager. If you do everything on the phone it is too easy for them. Just take your time and talk to him personally. Be professional. Don't loose it. But tell him how dissapointed you are with the service they provided and if his not going to get solved you are going to seek for professional help.
If I were you I would ask for total repaint(ask for dupoint paint you'll be lucky enough to have better paint then for the rest of us) ask for a free month since you are not using your car you are using a damn truck(hat's not what you signed for). Tell him if that is not possible you are going to your lawyer to terminate the lease. See what he's going to say for that. If he's got a little brain he would end up do what you ask for.

Hope everthing turns out good for you.

tg

Old 11-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Capthook
I just got a 2008 OB g35s about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I am about a little over an hour away from the dealer. Well the day after I got the car I was at work and the cars paint is in horrible condition(scratches all over the car). I called the dealer and was told to bring the car down. Well after a week finally got time to take the car down to infiniti. They told me they where going to take the car to the body shop and fix everything I showed them. They gave me a Nissan truck. I had to drive this around from Wed. To the next friday . They told me three different times it would be done and it was not. I called the manger the second time I was told the car should have been done. He said he would call me back and did not. Well I got my car friday and the car is worst then when I first drop it off!!!!!!!!!!! I had no time to fight with them I had to had back to work(an hour away). Well I called the manger agian and he told me sorry for never getting back to me. Well I told him we have a new problem. I told him about the car and he told me to call him monday morning and he would send somebody out to pick up the car and drop off another infiniti.

I lease the car and I have my first payment coming up in a couple of days. They're taking the car back agian on monday but I do not want the car anymore. I just want a new car all together. WHAT SHOULD I DO????
Dude, yer sort of up a creek and it was you who forgot to bring the paddle. Have you ever heard the term "caveat emptor". Yes, the dealer has an obligation to behave in a responsible manner towards customers if he wants to stay in business. But, the reality is that your power over them diminishes greatly the minute you sign the papers. Money talks and once they have your money they have trouble hearing you because they're listening to the next fellow's money. You have the responsibility to look after your own interests. It's never a good idea to defer that power to another person unless it's a spouse or an attorney.
  • Why did you buy a car from a dealer you knew was an hour away from your home?
  • Were you or were you not prepared to cope with this distance before you bought?
  • Why didn't you pick the car up on your terms.....in daylight.....on a clear day.....when you could do a proper inspection?

We picked up our G35X at a dealer close to our house on a sunny Saturday in early Sept. We spent about 1 1/2 hours going over every feature of the car and the exterior / interior condition before we spent about 20 minutes with the finance manager closing the deal and signing papers. We didn't have to cajole our dealer into this arrangement. When we arrived to pick up the car, they had it prepped including a wash & wax and it was sitting under a sort of carport they use for delivery. Our salesman insisted we do the inspection. If he hadn't, I would have, but it was nice to see the professionalism.

Quite seriously, the proximity of the dealer was a key factor in our decision. If the dealer wasn't within 10 miles of our house or my office, there would have been no deal. Likewise, if there was a problem like paint, I would not have accepted delivery until it was either fixed or they rolled another car up. I actually passed up buying a G35 back in 2004 because we were about to move to an area that would place the nearest Infiniti dealer 150 miles away. Not smart.

At this point, I think your best bet is to be pleasant and respectful but also firm and persistent. Use your negotiation skills to persuade them to handle the problem. Remember, you are in a long term relationship. You will need service over the term of your lease and you may have warranty claims. They on the other hand need to keep selling cars to you or someone you recommend them to in the future. If they're a decent business, they will try and make it right. But don't whine about the inconvenience to you. It's not their fault that you bought a car an hour away from home and didn't inspect it before taking delivery. On the upside, experience is the best teacher and you just got a life lesson.

Last edited by SpudRacer; 11-02-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:16 AM
^^^^^

I always ask for only wash no wax. Wax can hide a little inperfections. Just wanted to add it to your list. I don't like surprises. You receive the car with waxed and next weekend you wash it and you see the tiniest scratches.

tg

Old 11-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
^^^^^

I always ask for only wash no wax. Wax can hide a little inperfections. Just wanted to add it to your list. I don't like surprises. You receive the car with waxed and next weekend you wash it and you see the tiniest scratches.

tg
LOL...our G35X is Obsidian Black. I just accepted swirl marks and such mentally before we even went to pick up the car. I washed and waxed the car myself about two weeks after we took delivery and the paint is not "perfect" but I refuse to obsess over trying to keep solid black paint "perfect". It's impossible!

When I say it's not perfect, I mean there are some minor swirl marks here and there, very minor imperfections. But I know that will only grow with time. I'll do my best to take care of it but I'm not losing sleep over swirl marks on black paint.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:34 PM
LOL i hear you. My 07 was black. Not easy to keep it clean and swirl free. It is possible tho. I took it once a year to a professional dtailer. It was there for a whole day. The guy did such a good job. It was fantastic and ...hm .. pricey.

If you get a chance take it to a reputable detailer guy after a year or so. You'll be glad you did it. Worth every penny. Those guys are magicians.

For a last decade I've been fortunate enough to buy new cars for me and my wife every time, but I remeber the time before. Used car dealer the car looked damn good washed and detailed. I asked if I can remove the wax to make sure the car is nice under the trillion coat of wax. I took it to nearest hand carwash with the powerwasher and used the engine washer cycle. That is usually hardcore enough to remove the wax. Sure after drying showed up planty enough scratches to cut me a good deal on the car. From the money I saved at the dealer I took it to the detailer guy.

I absolutely agree on the dealer being that far. For me it is a deal braker if there is no dealership in the town. I just eliminate from the list those cars first. It sucks but it would be even suckier to end up going to the dealer for something little small thing and drive for 1-2 hours. Just not worth it.

tg

Old 11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bad news, you’re pretty much into that car for the lease term at this point. Sure, you can hire a lawyer and try to fight it, but in the end you’re just going to have a G with paint problems and lighter wallet. Now the good news, as you’ve stated this is a lease so it’s not your car, its Infiniti’s car that has a bad paint job. I would continue to pursue it the way you have described, give the manager a chance to make it right and if after the second attempt you’re still not satisfied call IFS and explain the situation to them and ask them what you need to do to make sure you’re not charged excessive wear and tear because of this.

On a side note, Zaino products are amazing if you have a day or so to devote to washing and waxing it. I did this on a new car, started with the clay bar, then the wash/wax and couldn’t believe the difference it made.

Best of luck and let us know how this turns out…

Old 11-02-2008, 05:17 PM
tg1234,

The office tower I work in has a secure parking garage and there is a car wash and detailing shop on the bottom level. Some of us at work have our cars washed and waxed monthly during the winter months. The guy isn't all that expensive. The problem is that the G35X is my wife's car. I'll have to pry it out of her hands to get it cleaned up. She loves it. She'll never believe I'm taking it just so I can get it cleaned.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:25 PM
LOL Hahahaha She probably thinks you just want to play around. LOL Good to hear she is happy with it. I usually give the car to the detailer in may when all the stupid weather is over. I love seeing cars after a perfect detailing job. They look 100 times better then new cars. Especiell black.

Now I missing my black G again.

tg

Old 11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought

Tell the dealer that since they cannot seem to get it right, that you want the car professionally detailed at a detailer of your choice at their expense.

Either that or take the advice of those that mention a "do it yourself" detail.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.