G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

car shopping today! my reviews

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with a couple people on here saying you're comparing apples and oranges. You just can't begin to compare the engineering between these two cars.

I also test drove a G8 GT before ending up with my G35. Personally I think the thing looks MEAN from the front, and pretty damn good from every other angle. My big thing was the G8 felt like I was driving a boat, while the G35 feels much more connected to me.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by STLTHSDN
oh trust me, they have unions there too.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...013404,00.html

At any rate, back on track here. I think what im getting at is that for the price they are asking you are essentially getting a typical fisher price gm shell with a huge engine, dotn get me wrong cuz it hauls some serious *** and has a tonne of potential with power adders but fwiw its missing alot. Amongst teh things i felt were its short comings were better looking wheels and not this machined face typical GM looking rims that are fugly as sin. bigger brakes instead of 2 piston calipers up front. an LSD diff. no HID lights, better audio options and audio performance. an interior that doesnt look like it was stolen out of a cobalt and perhaps a couple materials other than cheap grey plastic inside. this is not to say i wouldnt ever buy one but i sure as hell wouldnt buy one brand new, not at the current resale of GM vehicles or any domestics for that matter. especially if you consider that a 2006 dodge charger RT or 300C SRT8 go for about half of their askign price only 3 yrs after they left teh dealer lots. the G8 wotn be any different. im sure the LS2 motor will easily make over 400WHP with a cam, headers, exhaust, tuning etc. and it would be a 12 sec bullet but owning my G for a couple yrs now has spoiled me. I need more than just a big engine in a crummy GM shell. its unfortuante because liek i said before ive always been a big GM fanatic and have owned numeours V8 powered GM cars including my 99 camaro, my twin turbo Lt4 powered 6 spd imapala SS and my newest project , a 98 caddy catera shell with an ls1 jammed in.
Am I the only one who felt the materials in the G8 were on par with whats in the G35? They were cheap in the same areas as the 2nd gen G35...because if you go along the bottom half of the door panels and the bottom of the center console...the plastic there is about as hard as you'd find in a Cobalt.

I guess they figure since its along the bottom, most people won't notice. Regardless of the generation, the interiors in our cars aren't anything to write home about, which is understandable given its price point.

The BMW 3-Series and Lexus IS have much better interiors quality wise.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know. The 3 series have a boring Europian style interior. Maybe more quality but boring as hell. But maybe that's just me.

tg

Old 11-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234
I don't know. The 3 series have a boring Europian style interior. Maybe more quality but boring as hell. But maybe that's just me.

tg
This is my feeling as well.

Perhaps the G35 interior leaves something to be desired from a quality or refinement view, but IMO it is a pretty well laid out and good looking interior.

In my research prior to buying my car, I thought the CTS was very strong in the interior both in quality and style. Much better than the 3 series, which was also on my list, but for the cost it just isn't worth it.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234

tg
Haha yeah you have a point, I don't like the interiors in the 3-Series or the Lexus either. The 3-Series haven't really changed their interior in God knows how long, but my point is that I couldn't really find any cheap parts in either of them.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:07 PM
LOL
I agree on that. They have a good quality they just can't make it interesting. Sometimes I feel like all the Europian cars coming from one designer.

tg

Old 11-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree as well - BMW, Lexus and MB all have boring interiors in my pov. The CTS, I feel, has the most luxurious feel. But I really dig the interior of my g35 and so many ppl feel the same way. I stepped into a MB and BMW and thought "this is it?"

Old 11-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Yap and you wonder why would you pay for something like that.

I think the car as a girlfriend you want to keep it for a few years to have good times excitements and fun. Now If I sit in any of the those cars I just don't feel like I am with a hot chick. I feel like I am with a librarian who wears glasses and dress like grand ma. She is smart and got all the tools, just not exiting that's all.

I do agree on the CTS. It feels better then the Europian competitors. I just still feel like the extrerior is too square. But they are going the right way.

tg