G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

car shopping today! my reviews

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car shopping today! my reviews

k so on a whim and knowing i wanna upgrade to somethign newer with a warranty in the coming weeks/months as a second vehicle we went looking at new cars. As much as i love my G it might be time to make it the 2nd car or the wifes ride. First stop is the local pontiac store to test drive an 09' G8 GT (6.0L v8).I had no intention of ever buying one new but possibly finding one "newsed" next spring summer would be nice, yeah yeah i know, im an idiot, but hey, i owned a couple RWD v8 gm's and they were a blast so owning one that some sucker has already ate the depreciation on is ok by me. Impressions? Goes like stink but not worth the paper the sticker price is printed on. what a sack of GM crap! the interior was horrific! no GPS, ****ty leatherette interior. plastic that was as flimsy as tupperware and the road noise was un bearrable. if not for the 360hp v8 i wouldve walked right out ratehr than taken the oppourtunity to flog the living **** out of it for 15 mins with a white knuckled sales guy in the back seat. I figured that this thing is a holden right? holden should have had some input on the interior as well.; guess i was wrong. it was typical GM with giant fisher price *****. highlight of the night? was the GF tearing a piece of teh center console off that looks like a "fake" parking brake for the aussie version (mirrored image interior) and then she turns to the sales guy and says..."your kidding right?" so needless to say we left there with long faces, would i buy one for 25-30k?. yeah probably but a 42k$ sticker on a "loaded GT" **** NO!!!, can i buy one in a yr for 25k$? definitelY lol. so off to my infiniti dealer to speak with the sales guys there who had called to let me know of an 07 demo G35S in black w/ paddle shifters for what came in at 33k$ with 8000kms on it and balance of warranty etc. car was MINT MINT MINT. i was super impressed with the REAL stainless trim "smart key" etc etc, everything i expected and more and for thousands less than the G8. end of the story? made an offer on the G35 since my plan was only to see what stealerships had what on teh lot. so while GM doesnt even have leasing anymore and has a 2700$ cash back incentive to buy from them at 3.9%... infiniti offers me 1.9% financing and payments the same as i make now with 3000$ down. UMM no brainer! yup! gonna sleep on it for a couple days since i hadnt really planned on looking til after xmas, there are a few in toronto for 26k with less than 50km on them and I only went out orginally on a whim cuz i was running some errands in that end of town. long and short of it though is i wont even feel bad for GM and ford etc if they dont get a bail out. this is what you get for building sub par junk and trying to pass it off as american quality. the GF summed up the G8 best..."you can dress a hooker up in an evening gown but shes still a hooker, she does ONE thing really really well. but dont expect her to dazzle your friends" LMAO!!

Last edited by STLTHSDN; 11-13-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha that was a good review, fun read

Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, I read two lines and gave up. Punctuation > you

Old 11-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Wow, I read two lines and gave up. Punctuation > you

LOL, coles notes are Pontiac G8 GT goes like a bat out of hell but looks like it was built by overpaid fat union guys. For that reason it will be the demise of chevrolet which is unfortunate cuz i used to love the feel of a GM v8 but the G has spoiled me, now i want more than just a huge motor wrapped in a fisher price turd of a shell! LOL

. so i put in an offer on an 07 G35 sedan demo at my dealer

Last edited by STLTHSDN; 11-12-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 PM
ckp
lol ya no **** learn how to write buddy

Old 11-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by STLTHSDN
LOL, coles notes are Pontiac G8 GT goes like a bat out of hell but looks like it was built by overpaid fat union guys. For that reason it will be the demise of chevrolet which is unfortunate cuz i used to love the feel of a GM v8 but the G has spoiled me, now i want more than just a huge motor wrapped in a fisher price turd of a shell! LOL

Excellent - congrats on the new G!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the cliff notes G35now!

Quote:

Excellent - congrats on the new G!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Old 11-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Lol

Old 11-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heard this morning that every GM vehicle has $1500 in retired worker benefits built into the cost. Buh bye now.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was actually in the same boat. I had drove a GM for 8 years before i was looking at the G, and after driving a new G8, gto, and even the CTS, i felt that it wasnt much different than the previous GM i had before. Albeit the CTS was awesome and quiet on the inside, but i didnt like the way the torque curve felt on the 3.6 vvt. It felt weak, to me, where as the G with the same power just threw me back in the seat. I test drove the G and knew the car was for me. I was always a big GM man, but i feel they need to step in their build qaulity. Especially on the cheap feeling interior. The G's interior is not the best by far compared to many higher priced luxury vehicles. But a GM for the same price would have felt like a tonka toy

Old 11-13-2008, 11:24 AM
the GF summed up the G8 best..."you can dress a hooker up in an evening gown but shes still a hooker, she does ONE thing really really well. but dont expect her to dazzle your friends" LMAO!!
Your GF sounds awesome! haha - funniest analogy I've heard in a while!

Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
good review but they are asking way to much for the 07 sport/ loaded. Mine had 9k on it and paid $27,500. That was 6months when 09's were not out. Good luck

Old 11-13-2008, 11:59 AM

By Chevy I think you meant GM. And the G8 GT was built in Australia, not many overpaid fat union guys down there.

Remember you're comparing apples to oranges. Its like me driving a BMW then ragging on a Kia because it doesn't compare.

Head over and drive a CTS for a more fair comparison. Its interior is, IMO, best in class.

...and that CTS-V? Sex.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by ThiesG35s
good review but they are asking way to much for the 07 sport/ loaded. Mine had 9k on it and paid $27,500. That was 6months when 09's were not out. Good luck
Remember, this is Canadian dollars.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:09 PM
..."you can dress a hooker up in an evening gown but shes still a hooker, she does ONE thing really really well. but dont expect her to dazzle your friends"

Love that quote

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: car shopping today! my reviews