G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Status-Elite intake installed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Status-Elite intake installed.

Big ups to Status-Elite Since Kevin and Rob from Status-Elite live in the same area, they came over to my house and helped me install the intakes in my 07 G35 tonight. Fitments are perfect, the quality of the intake is top notch . I also bought their Dry carbon engine cover, I have yet to see any company out there can match their quality, too bad they don't make the radiator cover in CF because there isn't enough interest for the G sedan.

Passenger side fitment

Old 05-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
They do make a radiator cover in CF.

Nice looking intake. I wouldnt pay 800 for it, but if you like it, then more props to you.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have never heard of Status-Elite before, I am not a fan of the carbon fiber cover but the intakes look sweet. How do you like them so far Stock? I'm in the shopping mood for an intake and would love to hear what you think.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the stock induction setup is really, really good...

Old 05-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
They do make a radiator cover in CF.

Nice looking intake. I wouldnt pay 800 for it, but if you like it, then more props to you.
That only fits the coupe, not the sedan.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It fits both the coupe and sedan

Old 05-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
What a waste of money. From the get-go that intake was hyped up to be the next messiah, but in the end it did not produce anywhere near the gains they stated, one didn't even accept the sensor, does no better than any other short ram intake, and the selling point of "limited production" is a bunch of crap.

And the fact that they dare compare themselves to the "big boys" is hilarious . Their dry carbon products do look very nice, so I will give them credit for that.

I'll stick to an Injen or an R2C, thank you.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
What a waste of money. From the get-go that intake was hyped up to be the next messiah, but in the end it did not produce anywhere near the gains they stated, one didn't even accept the sensor, does no better than any other short ram intake, and the selling point of "limited production" is a bunch of crap.

And the fact that they dare compare themselves to the "big boys" is hilarious . Their dry carbon products do look very nice, so I will give them credit for that.

Yeah, what he said.

Sorry, I am just not feeling that for the price. No heat shields either.... I am all for quality, but this does not seem to be of any higher quality than Injen or Stillen. I know they say they want to be like ARC or HKS, but you have to earn that right. It just seems like a lot of hype, and I have not seen enough to back it up.... The dry carbon stuff does look nice.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That intake looks all show & no go!...holy heat soak, no heat shields or separation from the engine heat? How does that help performance exactly?

Also, wonder why they have a reducer 1/2 way up (where the MAF is)....that's constricting air flow, isn't it?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man

Do you own the product? Have you used it?

*Pause*

*Awaiting Reply*

That's what I thought. How do you talk about a product or judge if you don't use it? I know a few people that have this intake and really like and notice gains. And I know people, that just like you, don't really care for it. To each their own.

How is their "limited production" a bunch of crap? Only 22 were made, that's not limited?

Yes, one did have a fitment issue with the MAF Sensor, great way to leave the rest of the details out where Status Elite offered that person a full replacement or a full refund in ADDITION to $50 off a future purchase. IIRC, the sensor area is CNC machined and fitment is 99% and the case you speak of is the ONLY out there.

You wanna compare it to the big boys and laugh? Have you used those products? Let's see, an ARC intake for 1400 compared to Status Elite intake for 800. Look at the cost savings first. I can't speak on behalf of performance differences as I don't own either product, but I have heard that the price paid is worth it.

Just because people can't afford a product doesn't mean it is not good or just because it's too expensive for them, doesn't mean it's worthless or stupid to buy. Some people will buy it just to say "I have such and such", sorta like a in your face I got money, or I only buy high end stuff. Others buy it for the performance, others want to just try it out.

I simply do not see the point of hammering a product you have no experience with. Granted it's your opinion, how do you make a judgment of it's performance if you haven't used the product?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
I have never heard of Status-Elite before, I am not a fan of the carbon fiber cover but the intakes look sweet. How do you like them so far Stock? I'm in the shopping mood for an intake and would love to hear what you think.
Should see it in person, looks very nice.

Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
It fits both the coupe and sedan
IIRC it only fits the coupe, but one is going to be made for the sedan. The radiator cover is shaped differently on the coupes and sedans from what I have heard.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
^^ Agreed, I've seen them in person and it is top notch! The price may not be everyone's cup of tea but I guess thats why everyone is all worked up? The reducer needs to be there for correct mass airflow readings. Do your research. Look at other intakes, they all have that

Old 05-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I'd need to see some pretty convincing 3rd party dynos to drop $800 for a set of hot air intakes.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I'd need to see some pretty convincing 3rd party dynos to drop $800 for a set of hot air intakes.
Would definitely be nice to see, but a bit difficult with most mods since most people dont get an initial dyno completely stock and slap on the intakes. Unless you're speaking about a dyno with current mods and then another one with the intakes on.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Do you own the product? Have you used it?

*Pause*

*Awaiting Reply
Nope, don't want one and never even CONSDIERED buying one. I'm not sold on the hype, and surely wasn't sold on the overinflated dyno numbers they stated.

That's what I thought. How do you talk about a product or judge if you don't use it? I know a few people that have this intake and really like and notice gains. And I know people, that just like you, don't really care for it. To each their own.
Yup, to each their own. That's the beauty of free speech and the internet.

How is their "limited production" a bunch of crap? Only 22 were made, that's not limited?
It's a bunch of crap when it's used as a one of their selling points to justify the insane price they're asking for it.

Yes, one did have a fitment issue with the MAF Sensor, great way to leave the rest of the details out where Status Elite offered that person a full replacement or a full refund in ADDITION to $50 off a future purchase. IIRC, the sensor area is CNC machined and fitment is 99% and the case you speak of is the ONLY out there.
Doesn't that totally blow their claims of superior manufacturing, best this, best that, we're up there with XXX and YYY, etc etc yadda yadda? If you want, I can quote their claims from g37.com on how their product was "supposed" to be so great. As the OP in the thread stated, 1 bad product out of 22 isn't the best quality control, I mean, how hard can it be to check 1 out of 22 $800.00 intakes?

You wanna compare it to the big boys and laugh? Have you used those products? Let's see, an ARC intake for 1400 compared to Status Elite intake for 800. Look at the cost savings first. I can't speak on behalf of performance differences as I don't own either product, but I have heard that the price paid is worth it
I didn't compare their product to the big boys, they did. One also has to consider the exchange rate in dealing with JDM stuff, as the dollar isn't as strong. I can't imagine how much SE would ask if this was made in Japan lol

Just because people can't afford a product doesn't mean it is not good or just because it's too expensive for them, doesn't mean it's worthless or stupid to buy. Some people will buy it just to say "I have such and such", sorta like a in your face I got money, or I only buy high end stuff. Others buy it for the performance, others want to just try it out.

I simply do not see the point of hammering a product you have no experience with. Granted it's your opinion, how do you make a judgment of it's performance if you haven't used the product?
Because one can or can not afford it isn't an issue here. I can afford it, sure, but choose not to plop down my hard earned money for a product from a start up company with inflated gains, sub-par quality control, and sold partly on the basis of a "limited run product." I'm sorry, for me that's bs.

However, if you feel that it's worth it, by all means spend your money. It's YOUR money, but it's MY opinion. I'd just as soon by an R2C that (1) costs less, (2) filters as good or better, (3) makes the same gains or better, and (4) isn't severly overpriced.

In the end, do what you want and so will I.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Status-Elite intake installed.