G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

japanparts.com turn signal mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Question japanparts.com turn signal mirrors

I searched the forum with no success. I am looking to see if anyone has purchased and installed the turn signal mirrors from japanparts.com. I am about to purchase a pair but do not know what kind of company japanparts.com is. I also dont know if their K23 brilliant silver is the same as our K23 liquid platinum.

anyone?

Last edited by bat6wc; 05-11-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are many threads on here, you just have to pick the right search terms. "signal+mirror"

https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...tructions.html

Old 05-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by g35_6gear
There is a thread on here, you just have to pick the right search terms.
i saw this one.... https://g35driver.com/forums/tech-v3...nals-pics.html

but that doesnt tell me anything.

i have seen/read the posts about turn signal mirrors in general but nothing on the japanparts.com ones.

Last edited by bat6wc; 05-11-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
there is a seller on ebay who claims his item is OEM Nissan/Infiniti part. doesnt hurt to look since his price is MUCH lower then japanparts.com

Old 05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by _evilMonkey_
there is a seller on ebay who claims his item is OEM Nissan/Infiniti part. doesnt hurt to look since his price is MUCH lower then japanparts.com
I saw some on ebay but none looked like the japanparts.com. They all bulged out. The one on japanparts.com is clean and comes painted.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
That is the correct color for our sedan K23 is Liquid Platinum.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
That is the correct color for our sedan K23 is Liquid Platinum.
i know thats the US code and what I have, but japanparts.com lists the option for the turn signals as K23 "Brilliant Silver". Are they the same?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by bat6wc
i know thats the US code and what I have, but japanparts.com lists the option for the turn signals as K23 "Brilliant Silver". Are they the same?
Yes, I was going to get my front lip from japanparts but then Riverside Infiniti got the same lips in and I got mine there and it was listed the same way.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Yes, I was going to get my front lip from japanparts but then Riverside Infiniti got the same lips in and I got mine there and it was listed the same way.
thanks. you think the turn signals are a direct bolt on (aside from the wiring). I dont know much about the site. can i just place an order online and really expect to get it? or is it a hassle and they take forever to get parts and to ship parts?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
thanks. you think the turn signals are a direct bolt on (aside from the wiring). I dont know much about the site. can i just place an order online and really expect to get it? or is it a hassle and they take forever to get parts and to ship parts?
I would think it would be a direct replacement.
When I was considering a purchase from japanparts, I contacted a fellow in Toronto that had ordered from them and asked the same questions. He assured me he had no problems with the order and it was pretty straight forward and he felt they were good to deal with. The only problem was, it's not cheap,
I do love those mirrors though.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I sent them a note about the mirrors. They call them "covers" which slightly worries me so I emailed them for clarification. I sent the email in Japanese hoping for a better response/making sure I was completely understood. I am honestly thinking just to have a family member go to a Nissan dealer in Tokyo and buy the parts for me, one has already agreed to doing it.. I just feel bad since its wasting their time for my car parts.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by PSXBatou
I sent them a note about the mirrors. They call them "covers" which slightly worries me so I emailed them for clarification. I sent the email in Japanese hoping for a better response/making sure I was completely understood. I am honestly thinking just to have a family member go to a Nissan dealer in Tokyo and buy the parts for me, one has already agreed to doing it.. I just feel bad since its wasting their time for my car parts.
yes, I know they are just covers. Most are.

if you wanna grab a set for me too, that would be awesome!

i am probably going to place an order online tomorrow morning and see what happens. they dont seem to return emails.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yes, I know they are just covers. Most are.

if you wanna grab a set for me too, that would be awesome!

i am probably going to place an order online tomorrow morning and see what happens. they dont seem to return emails.
I know it will be substantially cheaper since they will only ask me for the part and shipping cost. Its looking more and more like I'll take them up on the offer, I just need to get my list together with part numbers.

Are those Nissan part numbers on that site or their own number? When I googled the number it just lead me back to their site. What color is Platinum Graphite over there?

I will post the translated response from them once I get one.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have used japanparts.com on a few occasions, and there were no issues at all. I actually met up with the owner while I was in Japan, and bought a few things to take back. I then ordered a couple parts online, and there were no problems. The nice thing is they take care of everything; all the paperwork. You can always have someone send parts, but getting things through customs and paying duties is always a hassle.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by jran76
I have used japanparts.com on a few occasions, and there were no issues at all. I actually met up with the owner while I was in Japan, and bought a few things to take back. I then ordered a couple parts online, and there were no problems. The nice thing is they take care of everything; all the paperwork. You can always have someone send parts, but getting things through customs and paying duties is always a hassle.
thanks, i just ordered!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: japanparts.com turn signal mirrors