G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

About to buy a 07-08 G35s Sedan... Questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by infinitipearl
i think it's so funny how heated these discussions get on these boards, when in reality, we probably have more in common with each other and our interests than most of the ppl we encounter in everyday life at work, school, etc. if you two cats met at a g35 meet, you'd probably hit it off and go grab beer and wings.
Umm no, I don't talk to people at meets who have auto. Real enthusiasts that drive stick are elitist and we sit in the corner in our own click.

Kidding... You're right I just was bored and decided he was the target to occupy my boredom. I only respond to those types of threads when lunacy is visible in a post. The same goes for grounding wires

Old 06-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BrianV
On Nav:
1. You must have nav to get HDD for music
2. Swapping out NAV is not really feasible if you ask me.
3. Definitely get manual, autos are for the birds (and chicks)

4. You can take over my lease and have a manual, sport with nav!!! 30k miles on it, end of lease sept 2010, residual at that time is $20k or so. Has a few dime sized dents on hood and trunklid (hail). Gonna have the paintless dent dude work those out in the coming weeks. Otherwise never wrecked, oil changed every 3k miles, newish tires, etc.

Silver on grey, very nice

Okay, LOL, first off, auto is also for real men who are amputees, I have to drive an auto for that reason there is a safety issue with a one legged guy driving an MT!

Now, as far as the G35S, I am super happy with my '07, this car has been fantastic, I too leased mine, but I have days when I wish I had bought the car, not one complaint about it!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Okay, LOL, first off, auto is also for real men who are amputees, I have to drive an auto for that reason there is a safety issue with a one legged guy driving an MT!

Now, as far as the G35S, I am super happy with my '07, this car has been fantastic, I too leased mine, but I have days when I wish I had bought the car, not one complaint about it!
Ok, next time I'll be sure to add the asterisk for amputees.

As far as leasing, I'm glad I did. Used cars just aren't holding their value, and for some reason Infinitis aren't to a lesser degree than their German rivals. Still better than American though. Anyways, my residual is at $21k or so in Sept 2010. My car currently isn't worth that. I know because a BMW dealer offered me $18k trade-in on an M3, citing that G35s just aren't selling used. I thought they were BS'ing so I took it to Carmax where they offered $20,500. This was several months ago too. Leasing this time around worked out for me, I'm just waiting until next year to walk away from it and buy a 1 year old E92 M3.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I am a girl and know how to drive manual. I didnt get the manual for my G because of the traffic around here. My next car will be a manual once I teach my boyfriend how to drive one. lol

both my mother and I both know how to drive manuals... she has a SPECB Subaru 6MT and drives the hell out of it.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Old 06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
hmmm, sounds like a dealer trying to get out of warranty work.... had similar problems with an acura dealer...

Old 07-01-2009, 05:48 PM
so I've picked up the car and have been driving back from Boston to Indiana. 2nd day and so far so good.

Had a few pleasant surprises:

1. Clear bra already installed. not perfect, but it's better than some I've seen.

2. 4WAS IS on this car. dealer didn't even know.

3. some free music on the hard drive. lol...

4. car only had 3-4 small paint blemishes. Everything else looked immaculate. Every available option.

Car rides and drives great. I'm very pleased so far. The only negative: bluetooth calls are garbled. I know my phone works, as I've used it with other devices, like my garmin GPS. So i'll need to get that fixed.

I did get the extended warranty, but not at full price. Got it for close to half the "asking" price. Not a bad deal considering the car only had another 17k on the non-powertrain warranty coverage left.

Things to do:
1. Tint.
2. replace the intakes
3. muffler/exhaust tips.

Other than that, i doubt I'll do much to the car. I'll get some pics later tonight maybe.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:11 AM
RCK
4WAS! Very Jealous. Have fun, fun, fun!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM
hmm, seems to have an odd rattle during idle. goes away when the clutch pedal is pressed in. sound normal?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't have the manual, but I've read about the vibration at a stop in several magazines.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Please post some pics!!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by neal.a.nelson
I don't have the manual, but I've read about the vibration at a stop in several magazines.

after some reading, i think it's the common issue/noise with the Clutch/throw out bearing. I'll have the dealer look at it next week.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Please post some pics!!

Will try to get some good pics tonight or tomorrow night. Only one I have it was cloudy and used my cell lol:

Attached Thumbnails About to buy a 07-08 G35s Sedan... Questions!-g35s_1.jpg   About to buy a 07-08 G35s Sedan... Questions!-g35s_2.jpg  
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by RCK
Thanks Brian for your excellent defense of manual transmissions. I wholly agree that those who favor the auto either can't drive smoothly with a stick or really aren't driving enthusiasts.

I drive my 6MT through New York City where I live and do so without any thought.
Besides the stick makes the driver pay more attention, even subconsciously as you state.

Along with coasting in stop and go traffic, down shifting with a stick and also saves brake wear.

Never replaced a clutch in your life? Wow. Very impressive. I usually get 120-130K out of the clutch. I thought that was pretty darn good.
RCK,

On what basis do you make the claim that "those who favor the Auto either can't drive smoothly with a stick or really aren't driving enthusiasts"?

You guys that vehemently defend the virtues of "driving a stick" have every right to your opinions, but that doesn't mean those of us who choose an Auto are less worthy to own a Sports Sedan or are not driving enthusiasts. Your arguments are absolutely baseless other than the fact that a manual is YOUR preference.

I have an Auto in my 2007 G35S by choice. I have had manuals in the past, and since I live in a high traffic metropolitan area (San Francisco), I have chosen not to deal with shifting this time around - again my choice!. Kudos to you since you live in NYC - that's very noble!

But the bottom line here is that it is a matter of PERSONAL CHOICE. Just the fact that we all have bought a G35/G37 says it all!

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,

Old 01-06-2010, 02:18 AM
How did you find out if the car has 4WAS ? I am looking into getting a G35s and I would like to find out if the car has a 4WAS...
Originally Posted by dookie
so I've picked up the car and have been driving back from Boston to Indiana. 2nd day and so far so good.

Had a few pleasant surprises:

1. Clear bra already installed. not perfect, but it's better than some I've seen.

2. 4WAS IS on this car. dealer didn't even know.

3. some free music on the hard drive. lol...

4. car only had 3-4 small paint blemishes. Everything else looked immaculate. Every available option.

Car rides and drives great. I'm very pleased so far. The only negative: bluetooth calls are garbled. I know my phone works, as I've used it with other devices, like my garmin GPS. So i'll need to get that fixed.

I did get the extended warranty, but not at full price. Got it for close to half the "asking" price. Not a bad deal considering the car only had another 17k on the non-powertrain warranty coverage left.

Things to do:
1. Tint.
2. replace the intakes
3. muffler/exhaust tips.

Other than that, i doubt I'll do much to the car. I'll get some pics later tonight maybe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: About to buy a 07-08 G35s Sedan... Questions!