G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Took my car in for service today. Does anyone else think this is fishy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took my car in for service today. Does anyone else think this is fishy?

Ok this is my 3rd G35 from the same dealer, just brought it in this morning to get oil/filter change and to check the weather stripping around the windows that was pulling out.

Went to pick up my car a few hours later after they said it was done. I get there and they cannot find my keys. After 10 minutes of searching the receptionist/cashier says, oh i see here, so & so took it out to get gas. Im like, wha? Gas? I came in for an oil change, why are they taking my car out for gas? They were trying to make it sound all great, oh youre getting free gas! I said I dont even care about that, why would you take my car out to get gas?

Later someone said the service manager told the guy to go gas it because he was going to take it home for the night. WTF? Im glad I came to get my car when i did!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Who was the Manager working today at Atlantic? That does seem weird, but at least you got a free tank of gas out of the deal.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by AboostedG
Who was the Manager working today at Atlantic? That does seem weird, but at least you got a free tank of gas out of the deal.
Im not sure who it was, but I was about to freak out, but I looked at the paperwork and compared the odometer and it was only 1 mile difference so I left it alone. Yeah the free gas is cool, but, I dunno, with the number system they have, either its effed up or something wacked. Ive been going there since 03 and never had such a bad experience, no one knew what was going on. If i get a call about a survey, they will get an ear full.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Didnt something like this happened to someone else here? Sucks that they can do that.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Maybe it was a mixup on cars, but you showed up in time to catch a bad situation from turning into worse, that is if he had taken it home first. They've had their moments of ups & downs, but they'll never be a premier dealership among the community, just someone who's local.

You coming out next Saturday for the August Lunch?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by AboostedG
Maybe it was a mixup on cars, but you showed up in time to catch a bad situation from turning into worse, that is if he had taken it home first. They've had their moments of ups & downs, but they'll never be a premier dealership among the community, just someone who's local.

You coming out next Saturday for the August Lunch?
Obvious mixup, but if he would have taken my car home.. thats a whole 'notha show.
Sorry no I'll be in Atlanta next weekend. I do need to come out to some meet/lunch sometime though.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they don't realize it but it takes month if not years to get costumers and it only takes only one bad decision to loose one.

Glad it turned out ok for you but I would of sit down with the srevice manager to find out what exactly happened and what they are planning to do so it won't happen again.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Well Im sure they have no idea, and I probably look like some kid off the streets, but I have a very close friend that is very high up in Nissan Corporate, and he is looking into this. We'll see what happens.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
At least you got a tank of gas out of the deal...i got the opposite...

when i complained about some suspected AWD system vibration, they charged me $60 for their tech to drive it, in case it wasn't a warranty related issue (which of course they say it wasn't).

What can I say, I'm down $60 and still get a vibration.

Enjoy the tank of gas!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Yes it sounds odd, but before blowing up on the survey I would follow the advice of sitting down with the service manager, telling him your concerns and working out the "details". If you do that you'd be in a better situation for the next service.

Good luck

Old 08-15-2009, 12:59 PM
if i caught a dude taking my car home, i'd demand it back, and demand lifetime free oil changes.

imagine how embarrassing it would be for the manager.

Originally Posted by johnnyzee
At least you got a tank of gas out of the deal...i got the opposite...

when i complained about some suspected AWD system vibration, they charged me $60 for their tech to drive it, in case it wasn't a warranty related issue (which of course they say it wasn't).

What can I say, I'm down $60 and still get a vibration.

Enjoy the tank of gas!!!!!!
wtf kind of warranty service is that??! They're supposed to check every complaint. they're not supposed to charge for it if you're bone stock.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some of you are getting your panties in a bunch with little to no knowledge of what service managers sometimes do. It was more than likely a mix up. Service managers sometimes take customer's cars home when a customer complains about an issue and the dealership is unable to replicate or diagnose the problem. Sometimes the problem may only show up after the car has been running for some time or if it has been driven for longer distances. I'm guessing the service manager simply mixed up your car for the one that he meant to take home.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:42 PM
MoJ
Betcha they put 87 octane in....

Old 08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Lol @ moj I'd be so pissed

Old 08-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Some of you are getting your panties in a bunch with little to no knowledge of what service managers sometimes do. It was more than likely a mix up. Service managers sometimes take customer's cars home when a customer complains about an issue and the dealership is unable to replicate or diagnose the problem. Sometimes the problem may only show up after the car has been running for some time or if it has been driven for longer distances. I'm guessing the service manager simply mixed up your car for the one that he meant to take home.
My initial thoughts exactly... I'm sure they do not just want to drive a g35... they have access to many more cars...

Originally Posted by MoJ
Betcha they put 87 octane in....
likely so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took my car in for service today. Does anyone else think this is fishy?