G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Took my car in for service today. Does anyone else think this is fishy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by link
if i caught a dude taking my car home, i'd demand it back, and demand lifetime free oil changes.

imagine how embarrassing it would be for the manager.

wtf kind of warranty service is that??! They're supposed to check every complaint. they're not supposed to charge for it if you're bone stock.

There is a deductible for all work on the standard infinity warranty. $50/$60 bucks. Unless you have the extended warranty, then you do not have the deductible. Even then, if you take it in for warranty work, and they decide it's not a warranty issue, then you get billed for the tech's time.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dookie
There is a deductible for all work on the standard infinity warranty. $50/$60 bucks. Unless you have the extended warranty, then you do not have the deductible. Even then, if you take it in for warranty work, and they decide it's not a warranty issue, then you get billed for the tech's time.
There is no deducible for the 4 year warranty that comes with a new Infiniti. Click the link and on the top click FAQ's. There you will see a link to a deductible question. It says there is no deductible.

http://www.infinitiusa.com/ownership/warranty.html

Old 08-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by loudog2
There is no deducible for the 4 year warranty that comes with a new Infiniti. Click the link and on the top click FAQ's. There you will see a link to a deductible question. It says there is no deductible.

http://www.infinitiusa.com/ownership/warranty.html

May be the difference on my car is that it's a certified pre-owned, not brand new.

Here:

Warranty Coverage: The Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty extends the basic coverage of the Infiniti new vehicle limited warranty (inclusive of powertrain coverage) to 72 months from the original in-service date of the vehicle or 100,000 total miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first.

Repair at Authorized Infiniti Retailers/Repair Facilities (in the United States, excluding U.S. territories): With Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned, service is completed by Infiniti-trained technicians, and the Retailer is paid directly by Infiniti.
Deductible: $50 per claim.

That was what was givin to me.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dookie
May be the difference on my car is that it's a certified pre-owned, not brand new.

Here:

Warranty Coverage: The Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty extends the basic coverage of the Infiniti new vehicle limited warranty (inclusive of powertrain coverage) to 72 months from the original in-service date of the vehicle or 100,000 total miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first.

Repair at Authorized Infiniti Retailers/Repair Facilities (in the United States, excluding U.S. territories): With Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned, service is completed by Infiniti-trained technicians, and the Retailer is paid directly by Infiniti.
Deductible: $50 per claim.

That was what was givin to me.
But under Johhnyzee's post it says he has a 2008. So unless he is past 60k miles, it is still under the factory warrnaty w/no deductible. Even if it is pre-owned or not. The factory warranty still applies.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by loudog2
But under Johhnyzee's post it says he has a 2008. So unless he is past 60k miles, it is still under the factory warrnaty w/no deductible. Even if it is pre-owned or not. The factory warranty still applies.
didn't say it didn't. was just pointing out what was told to me by the dealer.