G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

RPM going crazy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down RPM going crazy?

hey guys.....how you doin?

i have a problem with the RPM it get stuck between 1000-2000 [ the red needle] this only happens if the temperature is hot ( GCC is very hot ) and i park the car in the sun for couple of hours the thing i dont get that the engine runs if the rpm is normal and when i trun off the car it will still be stuck for a few minutes 10 to 15min then drop to 0 took it to the stealer showed him the problem kept the car for 2weeks and still nothing changed is there any chance that the red needle is not working ok? do hot temp has somthing to do with this? one more thing one time the car was on and the rpm droped to 0!!! nothing happend the car didnt trun off i need help guys anyone have the same problem?

sorry for the long story and english is my second language

Thanks,
Hamad

Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Sounds like the pick up on the tachometer is loose on the transmission housing or the gear on the tach is broken or slipping\ stickinh? Did the stealer change anything like the tachometer sender unit?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
i have read about this same exact situation before and it happened due to extreme heat as well, it turned out to be a issue with rpm reading unit, while the car ran fine it was just the rpm gauge which was jumping around.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What these guys say. Would be great to know if they actually did something to your car or just ignored the problem.

I'd keep taking it back till it is fixed. They'll get sick of you if they see you every week. LOL

Good luck and let us know how it goes and the mean time hope somebody will chime in with more info.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:42 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
humm first time I hear of this issue, I hope I don't get it either as I'm pretty much living in the same area so same weather conditions affect me too.

Ok I'll try what the guys have suggested above, but I'll also do a throttle body clean if you haven't done so already.

I know how the stealers are around this area of the world and to be honest they're crap, I gave them my car and they kept it for 5 weeks, gave the car back with a badly painted rear bumper, crapppy @ss paint job on the front bumper and NO POWER STEERING FLUID!!

The Infiniti dealers in Saudi are worse than your local mechanic, they know absolutely NOTHING about cars and they just try and rip people off. They even refused to install my Akebono's the dumb C*unts

Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by Mississaugag35x
Sounds like the pick up on the tachometer is loose on the transmission housing or the gear on the tach is broken or slipping\ stickinh? Did the stealer change anything like the tachometer sender unit?
no they just cleaned the throttle body.

today i parked my car in the shade for 3 hours turned the car on and nothing was wrong and when i turned it off droped to 0 NORMAL! im sure hot temp has to do somthing with this btw my car is not tinted and when i put my hand on the dash it is hot!

Old 05-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by Defratos
humm first time I hear of this issue, I hope I don't get it either as I'm pretty much living in the same area so same weather conditions affect me too.

Ok I'll try what the guys have suggested above, but I'll also do a throttle body clean if you haven't done so already.

I know how the stealers are around this area of the world and to be honest they're crap, I gave them my car and they kept it for 5 weeks, gave the car back with a badly painted rear bumper, crapppy @ss paint job on the front bumper and NO POWER STEERING FLUID!!

The Infiniti dealers in Saudi are worse than your local mechanic, they know absolutely NOTHING about cars and they just try and rip people off. They even refused to install my Akebono's the dumb C*unts
nissan/infiniti white paint is crap only on the bumpers they get kinda yellow and matte my friend 09 altima bumpers were matte took it to the stealer and he said this is normal every white car was there had the same problem my bumpers had the same problem just kept polishing and waxing twice a week the rear looks fine same color with the car and the front looks fine need more work best nissan/infiniti color is black!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm taking my car to Modacar in Jeddah to get them to repaint the entire thing again.

White is hard to match but these guy didn't even try, my rear bumper is like Lexus white and the rest is IP.

Bottom line they suck at anything and everything, they can't do $hit to save their lives and now a days they are my last resort for anything, even if it's a simple oil change, they'll probably change my oil and put in power steering fluid or something stupid $hit like that.

Man don't get me started on Infiniti dealer in Saudi and ESPECIALLY IN JEDDAH ON MADINAH ROAD THEY SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK AT EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING THEY'RE CRAP AND WORTHLESS PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN DESERVE TO TOUCH YOUR CAR...

sorry had to rant, they're ******

Old 05-17-2010, 03:13 PM
OP, I had the same exact problem. The dealer changed the entire gauge cluster under warranty. No problems since.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by CalsonicVQ
OP, I had the same exact problem. The dealer changed the entire gauge cluster under warranty. No problems since.
thats good, do you live ina hot climate? my car is a 07 so my warranty finished and i have a few mods