G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Not a G35 but a 2011 G25

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
I read the posts, some of you have a case, I still stand on my view.

Seriously, why can't infiniti just fawk off with trying to compete with BMW and just stay away from making a piece of crap BMW 323/325, tsx, is250, comparable model... Infiniti should stand out for a change, believe in something... slap twin turbos on the G37 and advertise to the world that they actually have a set of ***** and are not worried about "POSERS" who want to pose in higher end luxury but can't afford gas. (ie: is250, 323/325, tsx, etc.) Look up, eat the 335i for breakfast, be proud, stand for something, PERFORMANCE!

If you want a 2.5, buy an Altima!

(I really hope they're reading this)
/rant
Why would it have to be a piece of crap? Bigger engine doesn't make it more luxurious. The only thing that slapping twin turbos on it would do is advertise that Infiniti's gonna completely out of touch with the market and with gov't regulations. Sure, some limited production, high performance edition would be pretty sweet, but that is gonna be infiniti's meal ticket.

I think the G25 is a great idea, as long as they can get a decent increase in mpg and price it competitively. The 328i currently starts at $33k. If it is a bad idea, why does every other entry level car line offer something comparable. It is a segment that Infiniti is completely missing out on.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Locksmith
I noticed in the picture that the rear bumper has a red center rear fog lamp does the g37 sedan here in the US have that? is that optional?
Rear fogs are mandatory in many parts of the world but not the US so it's deleted from most cars here for cost savings. I wish we could get it as an option.

Originally Posted by whoozyadaddy7
^^Amen to that, seems like a great way to de-value a brand IMO
Devalue a little bit to the enthusiast. I always thought of Infiniti as the enthusiasts luxury brand with performance minded V6 rwd cars, but I really doubt this will have much impact on the brand in reality.

Originally Posted by mj_39
i dont see how this is a bad thing? for me it makes Infiniti more competitive and appealing for a 1st time buyer. Think about how many sales the G25 will take away from companies like Acura(tsx),Lexus(is250) even BMW(328) and Mercedes(c300?).

I think this is a great move for Infiniti as a brand! They are expanding which is great. This also furthermore proves that Infiniti's are the best bang for buck luxury vehicle

Also how does this affect us?, we are no longer the entry level Infiniti! lol!
Like I was saying above, I view Infiniti as the performance minded luxury brand unlike Acura, Lexus and Mercedes. BMW my be the ultimate driving machine but they have products that try to appeal to everyone and some that appeal to almost no one. Infiniti has been less compromise.

Originally Posted by bkd
I'm guessing the reason has a lot to do with fuel economy, not just sticker price. If they can get 20 city/30 highway I think the brand would appeal to more buyers. I'm sure there are a lot of people that care about fuel economy and wouldn't notice the difference between 200 and 300 horsepower.
This is probably closet to the truth. Tougher fuel standards are coming and throw out a cheaper product that looks the same as the more expensive one and it is guaranteed to sell especially in the US where there isn't a lack of materialism. Two birds with one stone for Infiniti.

Originally Posted by johnnyzee
Seriously, why can't infiniti just fawk off with trying to compete with BMW and just stay away from making a piece of crap BMW 323/325, tsx, is250, comparable model... Infiniti should stand out for a change, believe in something... slap twin turbos on the G37 and advertise to the world that they actually have a set of ***** and are not worried about "POSERS" who want to pose in higher end luxury but can't afford gas. (ie: is250, 323/325, tsx, etc.) Look up, eat the 335i for breakfast, be proud, stand for something, PERFORMANCE!
Spoken like a true gear head. I hear ya but Infiniti is a business and is interested in maximizing profits too. There's a much bigger market for poser versions than high performance versions. Poser versions have a much higher profit margin too.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
IMHO a turbo diesel that gets 45 mpg and about 280 ftlbs torque is what I'd want to see.
Now THAT'S an idea. A G25d or a G37d would be much more interesting! Unfortunately, the US still thinks that all diesels are loud and stink.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayhawk815
Why would it have to be a piece of crap? Bigger engine doesn't make it more luxurious. The only thing that slapping twin turbos on it would do is advertise that Infiniti's gonna completely out of touch with the market and with gov't regulations. Sure, some limited production, high performance edition would be pretty sweet, but that is gonna be infiniti's meal ticket.

I think the G25 is a great idea, as long as they can get a decent increase in mpg and price it competitively. The 328i currently starts at $33k. If it is a bad idea, why does every other entry level car line offer something comparable. It is a segment that Infiniti is completely missing out on.
Do you think they will have made the G25 base price the same as the current G37's base price and then make the G37 more expensive like the BMW's? Or will they price the G25 to be lowered like the base price of the Acura TSX? To date I have never seen an Acura TSX V-6...most of them are V-4's...It is with the same with the Lexus IS's...I mostly see them as the IS250, never the IS350...I know that once Infiniti releases the G25, most people will probably flock to it...The G35/37 is more of the enthusiast car, while the G25 will be more of the mainstream car.

I realized that the G body frame is bigger than the 3 series BMW, the Lexus IS, and the Acura TSX.

Honestly, Infiniti should not name it G25 if they were to come out with a new car, because everyone attributes the current G name to a high powered V-6. Back then the G's weren't as popular with the G20.

Do you think they will even make a G25x? (AWD). The Lexus AWD IS only comes in IS250, not 350...maybe Infiniti will do the same thing...?

Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mathnerd88

Do you think they will even make a G25x? (AWD). The Lexus AWD IS only comes in IS250, not 350...maybe Infiniti will do the same thing...?
Check out the Lexus dealer. There is AWD IS350.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234
Check out the Lexus dealer. There is AWD IS350.
No there isn't...check the Lexus Website. They only have IS250 AWD...The IS350 models are either IS350 RWD or IS350C..

Correction, there is a report that the 2011 IS models will come with IS350AWD...

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-27-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Do you think they will have made the G25 base price the same as the current G37's base price and then make the G37 more expensive like the BMW's? Or will they price the G25 to be lowered like the base price of the Acura TSX? To date I have never seen an Acura TSX V-6...most of them are V-4's...It is with the same with the Lexus IS's...I mostly see them as the IS250, never the IS350...I know that once Infiniti releases the G25, most people will probably flock to it...The G35/37 is more of the enthusiast car, while the G25 will be more of the mainstream car.

I realized that the G body frame is bigger than the 3 series BMW, the Lexus IS, and the Acura TSX.

Honestly, Infiniti should not name it G25 if they were to come out with a new car, because everyone attributes the current G name to a high powered V-6. Back then the G's weren't as popular with the G20.

My guess would be to have it at a lower price. If not, the model won't be deemed a very good value(something the G currently is), probably won't be very competitive. If they price then same as the current g37, it also be priced similar to the 328i. The thing is, most Lexus and to a lesser degree Acura potential customers are more focused on luxury then performance. It is no surprise that you see more IS250's than IS350's, even though I see about an even amount. I haven't seen exact sales figures to say exactly how they've sold.

I don't believe the FM platform is significantly larger than either the 3 series or IS platforms, and is somewhere in between the TSX and TL. This is just going off of memory and would need more research to confirm.

As far as naming is concerned, I'd see no problem naming the smaller engine'd G a G25. It would still have respectable performance, especially paired with a manual transmission. Heck, the weight reduction should make it better handling. Comparisons between the G25 and G20 should be limited. The G20 was a grossly underpowered, FWD, pretty'd up Nissan Sentra.

It is really hard to say if a G25x would be offered. My guess, though, is that they probably will.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:44 AM
My guess would be to have it at a lower price. If not, the model won't be deemed a very good value(something the G currently is), probably won't be very competitive. If they price then same as the current g37, it also be priced similar to the 328i. The thing is, most Lexus and to a lesser degree Acura potential customers are more focused on luxury then performance. It is no surprise that you see more IS250's than IS350's, even though I see about an even amount. I haven't seen exact sales figures to say exactly how they've sold.

I don't believe the FM platform is significantly larger than either the 3 series or IS platforms, and is somewhere in between the TSX and TL. This is just going off of memory and would need more research to confirm.

As far as naming is concerned, I'd see no problem naming the smaller engine'd G a G25. It would still have respectable performance, especially paired with a manual transmission. Heck, the weight reduction should make it better handling. Comparisons between the G25 and G20 should be limited. The G20 was a grossly underpowered, FWD, pretty'd up Nissan Sentra.

It is really hard to say if a G25x would be offered. My guess, though, is that they probably will.
lol, I live in the northeast with quite a bit of snow storms...maybe thats why I see more IS250 AWD...

Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
No there isn't...check the Lexus Website. They only have IS250 AWD...The IS350 models are either IS350 RWD or IS350C..

Correction, there is a report that the 2011 IS models will come with IS350AWD...
You where correct in saying there is no AWD IS350 because we know (tg1234) that you meant 'currently'.
But as you pointed out it is here for 2011. AWD IS350

Old 07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts

Good post. In our smaller town (aprox 50k population) there are NO IS350s that I've seen and I've been here way before the IS lineup was introduced. There is one IS-F though (go figure), and about 25 IS250s. I believe the FM platform is much closer to the TL in size rather than between the TSX & TL and a fair amount larger than the 3 platform, closer to the 5 than the 3 from what I've seen.
I think the new G25 would have to be right about 30k base. Undercutting the base G37 by 3-3.5k would make sense and keep it cross-shopped w/ the
IS 250 & BMW 328. People will always pay a premium for Lexus luxury & percieved reliability (although that's slipped a bit amidst the recent recalls & trouble w/ Toyota lately) and although BMW reliabililty isn't stellar it's "cache" among the demographic cross-shopping these vehicles seems to be of prime importance plus they really do have a driving experience that hasn't been matched by the Japanese brands, thus justifying (in their minds) the 3-5k more that these vehicles command over similarly equipped Infinitis.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For the HP junkies (like myself) this could be a GREAT thing for us. Having a base engine for fuel economy/pricepoint reasons means they can UP the horsepower of the optional motor.

I doubt they'd made a G where the only engine available is 350hp+ and gets worse fuel economy. But now that there will be a base 230hp motor.... the sky is the limit.

The existance of the v6 mustang and Camaro are why the v8 ones are "allowed" to end up with 400+ hp. If there was only a v8 mustang or camaro.... the cars would have ceased to exist a long time ago.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
You where correct in saying there is no AWD IS350 because we know (tg1234) that you meant 'currently'.
But as you pointed out it is here for 2011. AWD IS350
This man knows what he is talking about

Old 07-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Any mention of what transmission the G25 will be offered with? I'm guessing a 5/7spd Auto, but if they offered it with the 6spd manual for around $30k, that might make a nice little package.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:52 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
most likely the 7spd auto will be standard.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
I agree. The 25 will be introduced to appease the "masses", i doubt a 6-spd will be offered in this trim.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:50 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^
within in time I believe it will be offered. Since 328I and IS250 are offered with 6mt.

G25S 6mt would be hot! and who knows that 2.5L might be mod friendly, since originally it comes boosted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Not a G35 but a 2011 G25