^^ Thanks I am really looking forward to it

Old 09-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gevo1
Ok I just got the news... my baby is totaled
So... how much is the check?

Old 09-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't mean to be a jerk about it but if someone rear ended me and smelled like alcohol I'd call the cops. The other driver now can claim the circumstances were totally different and all kinds of nonsense, especially since he had passengers (witnesses) in the car and it appears you were alone. Now you're talking your story versus his and it can get messy for you.

Who's to say that he won't be drunk, drive and hurt someone else in the future?

Old 09-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rutland
So... how much is the check?
Not sure yet I am hoping to find out this week

Old 09-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Originally Posted by geronimomoe
Don't mean to be a jerk about it but if someone rear ended me and smelled like alcohol I'd call the cops. The other driver now can claim the circumstances were totally different and all kinds of nonsense, especially since he had passengers (witnesses) in the car and it appears you were alone. Now you're talking your story versus his and it can get messy for you.

I no way u meen. But I really felt bad for the kid and Im hoping he learned his lesson. I wasn't alone I was with a friend. I really hope he learned a lesson and realized how lucky he was this time so hopefully he wont do it again. Insurance wise it seems though they aren't giving me any issues so hopefully it will stay that way.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Not much of a lesson if you ask me. You basically taught him that he can catch a break even if he eff's up in life.
Calling the cops covers your butt and the circumstances he would have faced with the law would have been the lesson learned.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

I agree with everyone on here who say "should have never let the kid go"..."he won't learn a lesson" and so on.
The way I see it the kid has no defense. If he tries to defend himself against Gevo1 he doesn't have a chance even if he lies through his teeth. When you rear end someone you are always at fault unless someone backs into you. In this case no one would believe that Gevo1 backed into the kid at 40mph at an intersection.

Geronimomoe mentions what worries me most. "Who's to say that he won't be drunk, drive and hurt someone else in the future?"

Old 09-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Probably shouldn't have let him go without calling the cops, no. Lesson learned. However, still no proof the kid was drunk.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I agree with everyone on here who say "should have never let the kid go"..."he won't learn a lesson" and so on.
The way I see it the kid has no defense. If he tries to defend himself against Gevo1 he doesn't have a chance even if he lies through his teeth. When you rear end someone you are always at fault unless someone backs into you. In this case no one would believe that Gevo1 backed into the kid at 40mph at an intersection.

Geronimomoe mentions what worries me most. "Who's to say that he won't be drunk, drive and hurt someone else in the future?"
He may have no defense but still could put up a legal fight and make it difficult to win the claim against him. I mean how many times have we heard of people get caught red handed in a crime or where there's overwhelming evidence and yet they put in a plea of "Not Guilty"? It's just the hassle that he could have put the OP through.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Probably shouldn't have let him go without calling the cops, no. Lesson learned. However, still no proof the kid was drunk.
Yep. IMHO should have called the cops.

As for lack of proof, technically correct as the kid wasn't wasn't tested. However I'm pretty sure it doesn't take much alcohol to be legally "over". I think 1 beer and driving within the hour of consumption could put you over in some states?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Yep. IMHO should have called the cops.

As for lack of proof, technically correct as the kid wasn't wasn't tested. However I'm pretty sure it doesn't take much alcohol to be legally "over". I think 1 beer and driving within the hour of consumption could put you over in some states?
Really? i think for the "average" male, that puts you at a 0.02

Old 09-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Really? i think for the "average" male, that puts you at a 0.02
I did some digging and I stand corrected!

Old 09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
^^^ yes but when your under 21 u cant have any levels lol.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Im still waiting on news I still dont know how much they estimated my car for and or the parts. They asked for receipts of purchased parts. However I dont have many receipts so they have agreed to estimate some parts.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Gevo1
^^^ yes but when your under 21 u cant have any levels lol.
Very true.

So the question begs to be asked. Are you starting to second guess your decision of not calling the cops?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear ended!!! :(