G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Vossen wheels scam!!!!! Read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Jarena, have you checked the suspension again? You made a previous thread and seemed content. What happened from then to now?

Originally Posted by jarena2104
handles well, the ride is harsh, camber fixed all the wheels sticking out issues.... sits nice. loooks sweeeet

Suspension freakout

dude this supension is making stupid crazy squeaking noise!!! at some points sounds like its hitting the bump stops! i literally have no idea what the hell is going on now!
RPM freakout

also when i was getting off the pkwy ramp this morning on my way to the mechanic to check out the noises my rpm got stuck at like 4000 rpm's i know my tire sizes are perfect so i cant imagine what that was about!
Jarena, you need to thoroughly do research on your mods and relax a little before you freak out.
http://myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/21...eaked-out.html

Old 12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tian
Jarena, have you checked the suspension again? You made a previous thread and seemed content. What happened from then to now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4utluEPHweU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3YQLSvhH4

Suspension freakout

RPM freakout

Jarena, you need to thoroughly do research on your mods and relax a little before you freak out.
http://myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/21...eaked-out.html

Precisely. I was reading those over at myg37 and was having the same questions.

So wheels were perfect at one point, and now this issue?

Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
That was over a month ago and looks like the tires were JUST mounted there, why would he have said anything then, it's obvious there was a problem and he has been trying to correct it. This isn't rocket science guys, i'm really surprised how many people are siding with Vossen on this.

Not sure why everyone keeps asking him the same questions as well. If he's mounted 2 other sets of wheels with no problems it's obviously NOT his suspension, or lugs. It's clear he doesn't know a whole lot about this so to me that is a valid reason to over react, when you have no idea what or why something is going on with your car. Everyone needs to get off Vossens **** on this one.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
There is a problem Shane. He still has problems besides the wheels and his suspension is one of them. I'm sorry but you have to do your research before you mod. I'm not gonna bash Tein cause I dropped my car and they got my camber out of spec. You're wrong. Do your research then mod. Like I said, you don't like Vossen and we get it.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^But regardless, if there is NO shake with 2 other sets of wheels on then it's obviously not the suspension. Plus didn't he state earlier int he thread that he got it all squared away with BC coils. Unless there is another new issue that you're talking about....

Please explain how he could have "researched" about the possibility that the wheel would be off causing his car to shake???

And it has nothing to do with my liking Vossen or not, so please stop stating that, i get that you get that.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been following this story here and on myg37. I'm not a big poster, more of a reader. I won't take sides, and I won't bash either side. Just think about this: What if this happened to YOU? How would you react? Wouldn't you try to remedy the situation?

All of us are on this forum because we all have tremendous pride in our cars. When you buy a set of wheels and you spend that much money, wouldn't you EXPECT them to be perfect? If they weren't, wouldn't you contact the store or vendor immediately? Wouldn't you try to fix it if they weren't perfect? Wouldn't you reach out for help from your fellow forum members? If I dropped 3-4 grand on wheels and there were issues from day 1, and I've kept having to dump money and more mods and trips to mechanics - all while getting the runaround from the vendor, I'd be bull$hit too, just like everyone else would.

To the OP - I believe you. If I was in your position, I wouldn't be going through all this trouble and posting on multiple websites the issues you've had if they were mundane problems. I believe you received a bad wheel. HOWEVER - patience is a virtue. Respect goes a long way. There's a right way and wrong way to deal with situations. IF Vossen is telling the truth and you flipped out and cursed and threatened - no company is going to bend over backwards to reward that type of behavior. Choose your words more carefully.

To Vossen - it's evident he has a problem. He's spent a lot of time and money seeking answers to his problem, and everything points back to your product. He was absolutely wrong in losing his temper with you, but that doesn't disregard the fact he received a bad product. By only ignoring him and not swallowing your pride, you've subjected yourself to irreversible bad publicity on multiple forum websites. Is that worth it?

Ok, stepping down from my soap box.

Good luck to both the OP and Vossen.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Again, I'm not riding on Vossen's nuts or anything. I'm just speaking from a fair point. Things should have been really simple from the start.

1. OP Received Wheels
2. OP Mounted and balance wheels
3. OP have wheels installed and tested
4. OP ran into the vibration problem.
5. OP should swap out to old wheels - Obviously the only changed factor is the new wheels
6. OP shouldn't have problem with his old wheels anymore.
7. OP should contact Vossen
8. Vossen should give OP suggestions to validate this vibration issue using the "cheap" method by swapping Vossen wheels onto another vehicle and test.
9. If vibration happens on the other vehicle = Wheels are the issue
10. Vossen should recall those wheels and test them at their lab
11. Further diagnosis should show if it's the wheels or the tires are causing the problem: If it's the tires: OP Pays for the dismount and new set of tires and have it ship back to him. If it's wheels, Vossen get him a new set, moun the tires and ship it back to OP as their cost.

All together, this shouldn't be that costly. I understand that that both parties need to approach each other correctly and resolve this issue.

OP should've done proper steps and approach Vossen at the beginning for advice because they're the expert at this instead of spending TONS of $$ trying to diagnose it and then being FURIOUS to Vossen at the "conclusion" you've derived from your own.

Many of us have DIY expensive mods on our cars: FI, BBK, etc. and ran into many problems. The first thing we do is contact the MFG or the Vendor for advice before making it worse.

Also, patient is the key. Bashing them is never a good idea. If things didn't go well and it's their fault, take it up with your Credit Card company.

Verbal or written threats & bashing aren't the way we handle the situation.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
After reading this incident, it's no wonder I do not wish to mod my vehicle. You can end up in situations like these. Minor mods I have no problems with, but major ones can cause lots of headaches and trouble.

Spending extra money just to make your ride 'better' is not worth it, especially when you spend a couple thousand dollars. After going through this much trouble, time, and manpower just to mod it, I would rather buy a better vehicle then.

At this rate, I would rather put down money for a car that is worth more, like a BMW 335xi...

Old 12-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Eh, I dunno. Yes, the OP should have taken the wheels off and put the originals back on. But most people would try to figure out the problem like the OP did. I know I would. I woulda checked to see if it was the hub centric rings, the lug nuts, the balancing. Then I'd contact the wheel company just as the OP did.

I think the only reason why the OP is bashing Vossen is because of how they treated him. How they said "you're fk'ed". NO business should talk to a customer like that. I'm not taking sides here but it seems like I'm repeating what I have been saying the past couple of times. Sure the OP could have been nicer of how they approached Vossen, IF he did come off attacking them.

Regardless, a business owner does not have an obligation to send the customer a new product, but it's in their best interest if they do. As Shane said, the OP solved all previous suspension problems, the OP said he tried other wheels and NO problems, both with aftermarket wheels (Volk) and OEM wheels.

Why can't people lay off Vossen's nuts? I know the 2nd gen guys really dig them and have their back, so be it. Take a step outside the shell and look at the problem for what it is. Act as if it weren't wheels from Vossen. I bet the situation changes. All I'm saying is have an open mind. Forget how the OP is trigger happy or whatever. I don't think he is being that way in THIS case. If he was, he woulda created this thread, blaming Vossen, WITHOUT testing things out, BUT he DID test things out. What else can the OP do? Nothing. Nothing at all. He has exhausted all possibilities. That should tell you something...ESPECIALLY when there have been a few instances, although little, with Vossen wheels. Here's the thing..there have been a FEW instances already. That said, isn't it possible that THIS is just another one of those FEW cases?

Even if the OP is getting new wheels, regardless, he should be taken care of by Vossen, just my two cents. Sh*t like this hurts a company. And what happens if this continues to happen? I'm not saying jump to conclusion and jump ship. I'm not saying don't buy Vossen wheels. I'm just sayin.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Just take them to the dealership and do an out of round check on them.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:18 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Post #30 on page 2 looks like it could be a smoking gun to me.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow this has been blown way out of proportion. Kid you need to calm down with your threads like this. Ever since the day you put on the wheels your having problems and have been bitching to everyone on all the G forums. Just remember something for future mods you do. Think about it 1 million times before doing it then when you do it you won't have anyone but yourself to blame. As for Javed he tried to help you but threatening the guy who's going to give you new wheels on his dime isn't really going to work for you either.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Just take them to the dealership and do an out of round check on them.
There is even a more simpler solution

Check the hub with a micrometer to make sure they are the same all the way around as he has said that it could possibly be a machining issue with the bore

The op has also stated that there might be a issue with the backing plate not being true all you have to do is use a small metal ruler and see if the backing is not perfectly flat

Those 2 things the op can do himself with only $20 out of pocket and take pictures and take those things out of the equation as he has mentioned that
he believes there is a issue in regards to the way the backing plate and bore was machined.

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...per-47257.html

Last edited by Glex25; 12-07-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whoa whoa whoa! first off i finally got the suspension dialed in....... i had problems with rattle and hitting bump stops because of to much preload which pete from BC sent me to jersey to finally get a pro with suspensions to dial it in. so when i made that post it was before i had gotten it taken care of........ and as for the shake i thought it was related to my suspension not being set proper but then after it was taken care of i had gone through all the steps i had mentioned. i even stopped over at ravspec picked up a set of metal hubrings and a set of volk black lug nuts (yes there the right ones lmfao) and installed that today to give it one more shot at it not being the wheels! but low and behold the shake is not gone......

so i took a pic while i was at ravspec of these volk wheels they got on special . im just waiting for volk to get back to me on the specific offset these wheels are to make sure they will work with my car. here is a pic

and please stop asking me the same questions......... i have literally tried everything. the vossens will be up for sale soon complete package with tires will be $1500 which is a steal and then perhaps maybe someone will have better luck with them lmfao but i dont think so!

Old 12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Why would anyone buy wheels from you that you think are messed up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vossen wheels scam!!!!! Read