G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Vossen wheels scam!!!!! Read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
The more i read this thread and the cross-posting across the other forums, it seems this is one big misunderstanding and one, if not both, parties are getting a little too hot on the issues (which doesn't help the situations at all).

Jarena, i don't know your personally, and this is not meant as an attack on your being, but in all honesty, after seeing your other posts, you do come out as being a tad bit trigger-happy. The mod on NYC sums it up best.

You got a hot head Jarena and you need to control it
just leaving it at that

But i digress as it doesn't help you at all. You said, "mounted and balanced each wheel a total of 15 times to assure proper wheel balance and bead seat (done on top of the line road force balance machine)". In which case, that sounds like the wheels did balance. If something else is amiss, it's not the wheel nor the tire. Hunter's RF balancing, assuming this is what you meant by "top of the line" will help find the issue if it is the wheel. I wonder if something obvious is amiss that we're all overlooking?

At which speeds are you experiencing vibration? What are the sizes of the wheels/tires? Could it be the lower profile and it's heightened road feel/harshness is misconstrued as vibration?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im not trigger happy, im the most calm see it from all angles guy you can meet! my problem is for over a week and half i have been trying to get in touch with jav call after call to make this problem come to a resolution. and all i got was an excuse that he will call me back, left voicemails, left emails. i tried and yes the wheel runout test was fine. but if you ask noe's on nyc he will tell you that getting this wheel to sit right on the machine was a task all in it self. the hunter machine would constantly tell us that the wheel could not be seated right on hub centering.......... which already raised an alarm with us. i do believe the wheel is round but i believe that either the hub bore was not on point or that the wheel might be out of whack! its asking for .75-1.25 worth of weight on the wheel (without the tire mounted) andre at the wheel place is a pro and expert .... and he said this is a sign of a bad wheel. plus the rear surface where the wheel mounts also could not be completely flush. thus causing it to wobble! its not my car its not my suspension. its the wheels...... speed vibration is at 60-80 mostly at 65-75 is harshest!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Ah-ha, i may have missed the note about the hub issue. Do you have a wheel repair place near you? I know, another expense possible, but see if it's something they can fix and/or adjust for you, it should not set you back more than $75 a wheel. If you're not able to return the wheels or get a replacement, this may be your next best bet.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:59 AM
ya im not dumping anymore money into these things. they cost me enough im just gonna get other rims. since everyone needs proof im gonna take video of my wheels coming off my car and going on the hunter machine then getting balanced again at 0 then going for a road test only to see steering wheel shaking. and then ill take video of the wheels requiring weight with no tire on them, proving that the wheels are wack to begin wit

Old 12-07-2010, 11:01 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^That may very well be the case, they may be "wak" to begin with. Vossen even admitted that in rare cases this happens. When it has happened in the past they replace the wheels for the customer. Your attitude though and how you have handled this situation has made them not want to help you, and I don't blame them.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
^That may very well be the case, they may be "wak" to begin with. Vossen even admitted that in rare cases this happens. When it has happened in the past they replace the wheels for the customer. Your attitude though and how you have handled this situation has made them not want to help you, and I don't blame them.
see the problem is i have been nothing more than nice and its only when i asked them nicely to swap them out that they got nasty with me and uncooperative so now i put them on blast and will continue to do so! i was treated like crap my man and all i wanted was the problem resolved i even offered to pay shipping both ways. only to be told " I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU"

Old 12-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
^^^ truth^^^^

I know when people bitch and moan about me, it motivates me to want to help them alot...........(sensing the sarcasm, my friends)

Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I DONT CARE! im getting different wheels i called ravspec today to get in the works on work wheels lmfao! take care vossen.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
why are so many post being deleted?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
This is an honest question, so don't take it out of context OP: If the machine told you the wheels were bad, and your friend told you they were bad, why the **** did you even mount them in the first place?

The first thing I would have done would have been to box them back up and make some calls. Once you mount the wheel, most places won't even take them back.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
This is an honest question, so don't take it out of context OP: If the machine told you the wheels were bad, and your friend told you they were bad, why the **** did you even mount them in the first place?

The first thing I would have done would have been to box them back up and make some calls. Once you mount the wheel, most places won't even take them back.
He probably had tires mounted and balanced at the same time... So they would put the wheel weights on after the tire is mounted... He still had vibrating issues so he then took off the tire and ran the rim alone to find out that it wasn't true...

I think I'm right..?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm if the wheel needs weights to be balanced without a tire then I don't see what the problem is. Why doesn't Vossen replace the wheels or inspect them? Because the customer "bashed" them on a forum?

Their solution is to attempt to give away 2 free sets of wheels to other people to prove what? That they're completely unprofessional and small minded? Well it's working. Whoever's in charge at Vossen clearly has no idea how to deal with customers?

I just bought a set of wheels and looked at Vossen and now I'm very glad I stayed away from them. Clearly overpriced for the "service" they provide.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Seriously ten pages with the same back and forth crap. He's getting new wheels he hates Vossen case closed move on.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
At the end of the day he should get new wheels, regardless of his "attitude". That's a steaming pile of horse ---- if you ask me.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
At the end of the day he should get new wheels, regardless of his "attitude". That's a steaming pile of horse ---- if you ask me.
This is what I thought, it should not matter if the customer has an attitude or tells you to Fvck off. In the end the Company should be the bigger person and understand that the customer is frustrated with what has happened.

After reading what Vossen said about his attitude and bashing, that was the reason why they were not going to help him. If thats the case you Vossen needs to drop their ego and be the bigger person here.

What do you expect him to do get on his knees and beg, ready to suck Vossens **** for help? Please dont act like Vossen is doing him a favor by helping him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vossen wheels scam!!!!! Read