G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Vossen wheels scam!!!!! Read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
^ not a sponsor. Just a guy on the forum that represents Vossen. He doesn't sell through that name on this forum though.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW

are you serious?!! One post and it's nothing but vossen is the best?
It doesn't take a genius to know this is Vossen or associate of theirs under another screen name they made up. You guys just hit rock bottom in my book, your overpriced, over hyped, third string wheels.
wow this is shady as hell! Vossen should definitely step up and resolve this.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, if you get any wheel and put it on a Hunter 9700 you can run a test to check the Wheel Run-out.

More info on the Hunter 9700 here: http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/features/how-2.cfm
I will be honest.. EVERY wheel company (forged or cast) is going to have a few out of round wheels. We normally warranty 1 or 2 out-of-round wheels every month (out of the 2000+ wheels that we sell every month)

But John told me he put both of the front wheels on a Hunter 9700 and they both passed the test saying the wheel run-out is PERFECT.

He has yet shown me proof that the wheels are defective. Like I stated before… 1000+ sets of CV1’s sold to date and not one has come back out of round or with any vibration problems.

But he is insisting that the wheels are defective.

Normally to solve this drama/problem I would just send the customer 2 new front wheels (which will be perfect just like the 2 wheels that he has now)

BUT… since I started Vossen 4 years ago.. I have never had a customer call us cursing and threatening us to “bash vossen”

As a business owner the last thing I want is people to think we offer bad customer service… but I refuse to help this guy after the way he has talked to me and my staff.

Last edited by Glex25; 12-07-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
I prefer 19s actually

Old 12-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too have heard nothing but good news about Vossens.

To the OP:

1. Bashing a Mfg online isn't a good idea unless you have 100% Proof that they're at a wrong
2. Have you tried these wheels on other people's car and see if they have the same issue?
3. Have you let a known mechanical tech checked and test it out?
4. Please describe the vibration you're getting, are they due to road condition because of bigger wheels and smaller tires?
5. Have you tried different tire brand and model?

From the judge of it, you seem pretty "NEW" at the modding game so there could be things here and that that may "feel" or "seem" abnormal to you.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
so when are these non-vendors going to get banned?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
I too have heard nothing but good news about Vossens.

From the judge of it, you seem pretty "NEW" at the modding game.
Ok, so you just told us you're kinda new. If you've never heard of vossens cracking, you live under a rock.

Read the thread, OP said he tried everything else. He also said "peace ****ers" which leads me to believe he will not be back.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Ok, so you just told us you're kinda new. If you've never heard of vossens cracking, you live under a rock.

Read the thread, OP said he tried everything else. He also said "peace ****ers" which leads me to believe he will not be back.
Be helpful if you linked to either threads or pictures of Vossen wheels cracking.

People have said the same thing about Rota wheels and I seen the pictures of Rota wheels cracking but only after a major accident.

Now Sevas that is a whole different story those crack just by breathing on them

As far as the sponsor issue and the giveaway situation it is being resolved behind closed doors

Old 12-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I worked in a shop where I peeled tires of about 6 sets of cracked vossens in less than a year.

Sorry I don't take pics unless something impresses me, cracked overpriced wheels never have.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Qucik background on this guy. He went through the same thing with his BC Coils. Not taking sides, just stating the facts.

You are either a problem child or have the worst luck EVER!!!
im with chad. no idea whats going on but your modding luck is pure fail.

as for vossen, they get bashed so much on here but they're a decent wheel that a lot of people like for affordable prices. ive maybe seen a handful of bad stories and a ton of good 1s so short of people just voicing their personal opinions, im not ready to condemn them yet.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:19 AM
2 free vossens sets of wheels but cant send me my 2 defective wheels

LMFAO! for everyone that watched the closed post here is something for you all. im taking my wheels to a wheel engineer to do a test of the hub and wheel round test again in which i will show these wheels are defective. but hey if you can get a free set of crap wheels im sure they will be good for snow lmfoa!!!

oh btw vossen your boy jav was the one who got snotty with me!

Last edited by Glex25; 12-07-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 AM
anyone who wants the diffinitive proof from a guy on nycg35 forum long term member not over night account who works at the shop where my car was you can read this post and see that he will attest its the rims!

THE PROOF IS IN THE POODING
http://g35nyc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38314

Old 12-07-2010, 09:28 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
pudding. learn to spell. just the way you talk and handle yourself makes me not want to side with you. not to mention when you attacked kenny at infiniti of massepequa who's a long standing member of this community. whatever, best of luck with your situation.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I do not remember who posted this a couple pages back, but someone said something about the proper lug nuts. If wrong lugs are used, that will effect in proper setting of your wheels and cause the wheels to shake. Do you have proper lugs with your wheels?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by w0ady
pudding. learn to spell. just the way you talk and handle yourself makes me not want to side with you. not to mention when you attacked kenny at infiniti of massepequa who's a long standing member of this community. whatever, best of luck with your situation.
whoa whoa whoa! i didnt attack kenny at all! if anything he guided me in the right direction to get my car done up by vinnyten racing, first off! second off if me and kenny had a disagreement it was because i got *** raped at his dealership which if you do your research you will see that i later went back to that dealership and got the tranny work that needed to be done in the first place after they realized the problem couldnt be denied. especially after i duplicated it over and over again. so squash that bs, and on another note i use my phone sometimes to post so dont throw insults on the spelling. (pudding) lol

Originally Posted by petesg35
I do not remember who posted this a couple pages back, but someone said something about the proper lug nuts. If wrong lugs are used, that will effect in proper setting of your wheels and cause the wheels to shake. Do you have proper lugs with your wheels?
yes i checked the lugs if they arent the right ones (but they are double checked) then its vossens fault cause they sent the lugs and hub rings with the wheels. but yes i swapped those lugs out with some NRG lugs as well still same problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vossen wheels scam!!!!! Read