G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car is donezo...off on a tow truck to the dealers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Yeah it felt stupid when typing it but i let it go
I know what you mean, too lazy to delete and finish typing what you've already got down LOL

Btw, why is your username anton_chigurh? I didn't like that movie it was stupid as fcckkk and hated that book.

I mean there are opposing views as to who is the right one but yea

explain

we shall discuss

Old 04-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by socalwdup
I know what you mean, too lazy to delete and finish typing what you've already got down LOL

Btw, why is your username anton_chigurh? I didn't like that movie it was stupid as fcckkk and hated that book.

I mean there are opposing views as to who is the right one but yea

explain

we shall discuss

That is my all time favorite movie. It pulled it off perfect and it didn't even have any music in it..now that's tough. Lots of people hated the ending..i loved it..because it shows in the end that the bad guy lives and the good guy dies..."this country's hard on people..you can't stop what's coming"

Good vs Evil..Evil wins. The whole movie just shows how tough this world is. It's not a fairy tale ending with the good guys living because it always doesn't happen like that. It was just a ronadom guy caught up in a mess. It showed a small story inside a large world..if that makes sense..what's your take?

n the end, Ed Tom (Jones) has already decided on retirement (life) rather than bringing the killer (Bardem) to justice. He knows he found the killer. The Sheriff retires because he realizes that the country he covers (south Texas) is No Country for Old Men. So in the end, he sits at the table and tells his wife about a dream: he heads into snowy, dangerous mountains (his life as a sheriff), and a man goes on ahead of him to await him (the killer still awaits). And then he woke up to the fact that in real life he was acting out this dream. So in the end, rather than live the nightmarish, lethal continuation of the dream, he wakes up to choosing the safer life of retirement. He has taken the lesson from his forcibly retired colleague in the wheelchair: a life of disability isn't worth it.

Actually, the Coen brothers left a big clue when Sheriff Ed Tom goes to the hotel room (behind the crime scene yellow tape) where the assassin, Chigurh, waits. Chigurh has shot the lock cylinder out, indicating to Ed that it's Chigurh's doing, and BOTH of them watch the other's movement in the reflection in the shiny lock tube. Ed Tom draws his pistol and enters for a search, and realizes the killer is still within, given the locked window in the far room.
BTW seen the movie 28 times

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 04-15-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That is my all time favorite movie. It pulled it off perfect and it didn't even have any music in it..now that's tough. Lots of people hated the ending..i loved it..because it shows in the end that the bad guy lives and the good guy dies..."this country's hard on people..you can't stop what's coming"

Good vs Evil..Evil wins. The whole movie just shows how tough this world is. It's not a fairy tale ending with the good guys living because it always doesn't happen like that. It was just a ronadom guy caught up in a mess. It showed a small story inside a large world..if that makes sense..what's your take?

BTW seen the movie 28 times
LOL 28 times? Damn, I can't ever watch a movie twice friggin hella boring for me although those "twister" movies like "Lucky number slevin" and "inception" i understand more of the story line if I watch it twice

Yea, the only reason how I know this story/movie is because i had to tutor some kid and help him proofread his essay on it.

Do you want to read it? It's pretty interesting actually and gives a sort of insight to the movie (like a new fused one)

Old 04-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Hey "Friend-O"~Loved No Country For Old Men, Coen Bros are really bad a$$ producers, loved True Grit & Fargo too. Since we're now talking movies (lol) loved Usual Suspects, Lock Stock & 2 smoking barrels, LA Confidential, and just for grins Rango

Old 04-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Can't believe it's been 5 weeks

It sucks because now i won't be driving the car in confidence that it will be reliable. Having a new engine is nice..but who knows if it was put back together properly ect

I have a feeling the vibrations i was feeling on the highway may have been due to this..but i still don't know for sure..if not i still have that issue to try and fix...hope i didn't get a dud but even if i did i am going to ride it out...

It will suck if the vibrations are still there because i have been driving a loaner for 4 weeks with no vibs so i am use to the nice ride unlike before

Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't believe it's been 5 weeks

It sucks because now i won't be driving the car in confidence that it will be reliable. Having a new engine is nice..but who knows if it was put back together properly ect

I have a feeling the vibrations i was feeling on the highway may have been due to this..but i still don't know for sure..if not i still have that issue to try and fix...hope i didn't get a dud but even if i did i am going to ride it out...

It will suck if the vibrations are still there because i have been driving a loaner for 4 weeks with no vibs so i am use to the nice ride unlike before
If i remember correctly you have had the tires balanced to try to fix the vibration, do you know if the machine they used also measured road force as well? I was watching motorweek and the mentioned that with lower profile/sportier tires it was important to make sure the machine did so to prevent vibrations. They mentioned this machine specifically: http://www.gsp9700.com/

It was the episode with the SLS AMG and it should be online if you want to see what the guy was saying.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:37 PM
LOL ANOTHER UPDATE:

They now had to order a long block LOL

When they took the head off of the old engine to put on the new..they notices that 3 of the valves were completely torn up and metal was everywhere. So they had to order a long block yesterday and will be in tomorrow...so a completely new engine i am going to have for free..i am pissed it will be another week..but happy i am finally getting a completely brand new engine

I was not meant to have this car one bit...

Old 04-20-2011, 04:44 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Damn man! I hope to GOD that after you get a new engine that the car runs perfectly.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL ANOTHER UPDATE:

They now had to order a long block LOL

When they took the head off of the old engine to put on the new..they notices that 3 of the valves were completely torn up and metal was everywhere. So they had to order a long block yesterday and will be in tomorrow...so a completely new engine i am going to have for free..i am pissed it will be another week..but happy i am finally getting a completely brand new engine

I was not meant to have this car one bit...
I don't know the engine components of a car too well but from a consumer standpoint - its a little ridiculous that now they found this problem and didn't find it earlier when they could have just replaced the engine. Just a waste of your time and their money it seems. But oh well sounds like this will be all over very soon and youll have a brand new engine.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
What do you mean 'long block'? They are going to be putting the engine back together from parts themselves? Can't they get a complete engine?--the car is not that old.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
What do you mean 'long block'? They are going to be putting the engine back together from parts themselves? Can't they get a complete engine?--the car is not that old.
A long block is basically a complete new engine that is getting shipped to them..including heads timing chain..everything. I think it will be everything but the air filters

Old 04-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. That IS good news!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Jesus... what a cluster f*ck... this thread is a nightmare.... warranty work or not, I don't wanna spend 5 weeks with a **** loaner

Old 04-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
LOL ANOTHER UPDATE:

When they took the head off of the old engine to put on the new..they noticed that 3 of the valves were completely torn up and metal was everywhere. ...
OMG, that is SOOOOO bad on the dealer's part. They went through your whole valve train looking for the problem and missed THAT! Obviously they never scoped the cylinders (as I mentioned previously) or they'd have found that straight away. Honestly man, this whole ordeal sucks for you I'm sure, but after hearing this, you should be glad you're getting an engine that they haven't opened up and touched inside. What an embarrassing bunch of amateurs.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
Jesus... what a cluster f*ck... this thread is a nightmare.... warranty work or not, I don't wanna spend 5 weeks with a **** loaner

Only had the loner for 4 weeks..well it will be 5 come sautrday

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is donezo...off on a tow truck to the dealers...